Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center

4641 Old Canoe Creek Rd, Saint Cloud, FL, 34769

Reviews of Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center

Doctor Daveed November 25, 2014

My wife arrived after a broken hip operation that required 2 screws. A very painful situation that literally put her in tears for 4 days leaving her very agitated and extremely uncomfortable and unable to move about by herself or effectively participate in the rehab exercises for those 4 days. It took 4 days of badgering the medical staff before effective pain medication was given her. Without dwelling on all 15 incidents, calamities, and events that my wife experienced the first 10 days (She is still in there), I will simply say that the food service is very poor, no diabetic menu available with the dietician having no concern. My wife's bed sore was not properly cared for and on day 9 looked at least twice as bad as it was on day 1. The facility provided absolutely no "Welcome to the Club introduction" to explain the menus and how to order food, the type of care, type of rehab, medication being given (was given a drug that made her hallucinate and also given 25 units of another drug that should have been 15 units), visiting rules, recreation provided, it wasn't until today (day 10) that we found out we could take her outside the facility up to 4 hours a day and actually take her to a restaurant for lunch. Facility has a lot of little maintenance issues like loose faucets, dripping and green stained faucets, multifunctional toilets, inoperative lights in the rooms. Many of the staff do double shifts working anywhere from 16 to 24 hours without sleep. A nurse had a very loud and physical argument with the patient in the next room because he wouldn't take a pill. I personally was only rude to twice, thank goodness it was by non medical staff members. The Rehab center is absolutely excellent with very qualified therapists that are also compassionate. As a rule, the floor nurses and floor workers were very personable and nice and tried to be very helpful to their patients. Unfortunately their is a very definite communication problem between them and the higher staff members as well as between the patients and the higher staff members.

Penny Kersey August 13, 2014

Average care. Needs to pay more attention to the needs of the patients! Not as clean and sanitary as others! Personal items tend to disappear! Care at night is Not good!

Kasey2001 October 20, 2012

my mother is there. This is the best nursing home in this area. She was a transfer from southern oaks. What a change. Plantation thank you for the love and compassion. Nursing department. You rock!!!!

MissingHer2 May 08, 2012

This facility was conveniently located near a family member's house, so she could go and visit my grandmother daily. They were very accepting of us moving in some of her own furniture, decorations and paintings, as well as us taking her laundry and doing it for her at home. We visited at various times throughout the day with no problem and could bring her food also. It is a clean and well-cared for place. At one point a maintenance technician came and fixed her sink very quickly when there was a problem. The front office staff was always very friendly and cheerful. Her room was always clean and the orderlies were vigilant about moving her position to prevent bed sores. They helped to keep her clean and put mats on the floor (as she was sometimes prone to getting out of bed when she shouldn't) to try and prevent injuries. The staff all seemed genuinely concerned about her comfort and would do whatever they could to help her within doctor's orders, and also helped to resolve care-giving issues with hospice. The food was what is to be expected (not very good) but at that point my grandmother didn't want to eat much anyway. We also saw them caring for many patients in their rooms or moving them throughout the facility. I would recommend Plantation Bay Rehab.

vicky2011 October 24, 2011

I visited this Nursing home a few months ago to see my boyfriend's grandfather. This facility is definitely not the best of Nursing homes. One thing I do not like about this Nursing home is the fact that all the CNA's look too busy for their clients. Whenever me and my boyfriend come to visit him we always bring him food because he does not like the food that they give him at the facility. I have heard stories from some of the other residents about not being moved around enough to the point of them acquiring bedsores, fortunately since we visit our grandfather often this is not the case. Another thing that bothers me is that the temperature is always extremely hot, I can understand as people age their body loses tissue therefore they become cold but my grandfather cannot sleep with the temperature being so high. If your family can afford another assisted living facility I would definitely choose somewhere else.

About Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center

Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Saint Cloud, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 105888

Location of Plantation Bay Rehabilitation Center