Avante At Saint Cloud

1301 Kansas Avenue, Saint Cloud, FL, 34769

Reviews of Avante At Saint Cloud

cdayton August 12, 2011

I visited this facility on a fairly regular basis several years ago. I was friends with a family member of one of the residents and would assist them in checking on their father, as well as offering him friendship and companionship when my friend was not able to. This facility is (or appears to be) older and on the smaller side, the only way I can describe the exterior is that it appears to be kind of like a very large mobile home. It also doesn't have a lot of outdoor space for the residents but in this particular location (off a pretty busy road) that would be kind of difficult for them to achieve. The facility was always very clean but my concerns were with the staff. I didn't feel like there were enough activities for the residents, particularly on the Alzheimer's unit. Many times I would enter that unit and find the majority of the residents just walking around, looking lost and often confused. One resident in particular (whom I did not know) walked up to me several times, on different days, and told me she was scared and didn't belong there. I am sure her dementia played a part in her comments but I did bring her comments/appearance (of being lost) to the attention of staff in the unit (mostly nurses but at one time a social worker) and I felt as if my comments were brushed off and they didn't make any immediate attempt to talk to her, engage her in an activity, or comfort her. I also don't feel as if management in this facility are as attentive to family needs as they should be. At one time my friend approached the head of the nursing department after her loved one told her that he had fallen. Of course it's always difficult to tell if someone with Alzheimers is honestly remembering that something has happened or not, but never the less I think that the family member's concerns should have been taken very seriously. The head of nursing directed her to the social worker who then wrote up an incidence report and said that an investigation would take place. My friend had to follow up with the social worker several times because attempts didn't seem to be made on the facility's part to do the follow up themselves. My friend eventually made the decision to move her loved one to a different facility and she was very glad to have done so. My honest assessment of this facility is that a more proactive management staff, an improved activities schedule, and perhaps some more attentive nursing staff would make it a better place for all of the residents and their families as well.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Avante At Saint Cloud

Avante At Saint Cloud is a nursing home in Saint Cloud, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Avante At Saint Cloud for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Avante At Saint Cloud

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 105670

Location of Avante At Saint Cloud