Hillcrest Retirement Village

Overview of Ratings

4.3

August 15, 2016

By Cathy838213

My grandmother was at Hillcrest Nursing Center, and I didn't like it. It was terrible. The staff was not very attentive. The place smelled like urine. They let people scream in the halls in wheelchairs. It was just terrible. Management needs to get its act together.

July 07, 2016

By Erniehow

My dad's pacemaker was not checked for over two years,(and it is supposed to be every 3 months), and when it was finally tested, it was no longer functioning. When my dad got to the hospital, the pacemaker was replaced because it was dead. We are lucky we didn't lose him, and there were others that didn't get theirs checked either. There is not going to be an autopsy if an elderly person in a nursing home seems to have stopped breathing or possibly had a heart attack. Be afraid... Be very afraid.....

December 29, 2015

By Becker7

Hillcrest provided my loved one with the best care. From admitting mom to the end of life care, she was treated with dignity, respect and love. All the staff went above and beyond to give mom the most respectable care and love daily. She was always groomed well, maintained well oral hygiene and was always fresh and clean. Mom enjoyed the daily activities. There was always something going on for her to do. She remained active in her daily life until the last 48 hours when she needed end of life care. The comfort care provided was extremely passionate and from the heart. All the employees at Hillcrest have a smile on their faces even in the toughest of times. I highly recommend this facility to all family and friends. Thank you Hillcrest.

September 26, 2015

By A Brown

A year ago I posted a review about Hillcrest that was negative but wanted to take the time to update that. The administration worked with my mother and I to correct and meet all her needs. Once they knew wear or grievances were the efforts to fix them amazed me. She is now in therapy and taking 100 steps per day, she can now get in and out of a car, they even discovered that she was diabetic, something we were not aware of. Honestly I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to the administration as well as the nurses who work hard everyday, thank you for hearing us, thank you for listening, and correcting. We couldn't do this journey without you.

December 02, 2013

By jesabum

Worst nursing home in Lake County. Staff always changing. Rooms out dated.

June 22, 2011

By CammyBen

My grandfather stayed at this retirement home after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and was no longer able to take care of himself. The facility was always clean and workers there were very nice and polite. The rooms I saw were cozy and very comfortable. The staff also knew the residents well and we well aware of their ability. For example my grandfather was allowed to leave for short walks while he was still high functioning. They kept up with him well and new when he was no longer allowed to leave unattended. I have been to a few retirement homes and this one was well kept and never a chore to be in.

May 27, 2009

By rose-1

My loved one stayed here

The staff at Hillcrest Nursing Center are so very helpful. They always take the extra time to assist me with issues that I am facing in regards to my Mom. They have helped two generations of my family and I definately feel like family when I visit.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Hillcrest Retirement Village

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Hillcrest Retirement Village

Hillcrest Retirement Village is a nursing home in Round Lake Beach, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hillcrest Retirement Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Hillcrest Retirement Village