Hillcrest Retirement Village

1740 NORTH CIRCUIT DRIVE, Round Lake Beach, IL, 60073

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Hillcrest Retirement Village

reyes83 August 19, 2016

my father was a resident at this wonderful facility after finishing his rehab he was able to go home. unfortunately he became sick again and ended up in the hospital and we did not think twice about where he was going to go for rehab. Hillcrest is wonderful facility their staff is very attentive. They always made my father and my family feel at home. Their nursing department is very caring and stays on top of things and answers every questions. They were great with out request that we had. I highly recommend hillcrest nursing center.

RickGiernoth August 19, 2016

My Grandmother has needed around the clock care for a couple years now. Luckily, we got her into Hillcrest. The staff addresses our needs quickly and explains to us exactly what progress she is making and what they expect her to be able to accomplish in the future. We are given updates on her pacemaker checks, her physical therapy and her interactions with others. I thought it was going to be rough on her, being a bit of a quiet loner type, but all the activities Hillcrest offers actually seems to be getting her out of her shell and that his a huge blessing for me and my family. One of my main concerns was her feeling lonely and I think that would apply to any family that has a member who needs to be assisted and can no longer live at home. But when I visit now, she tells me about card games they play, bingo, ice cream socials, visits from "Elvis" and her favorite, the current event news the staff gives in the common area. I feel lucky to have her there.

Cathy838213 August 15, 2016

My grandmother was at Hillcrest Nursing Center, and I didn't like it. It was terrible. The staff was not very attentive. The place smelled like urine. They let people scream in the halls in wheelchairs. It was just terrible. Management needs to get its act together.

Erniehow July 07, 2016

My dad's pacemaker was not checked for over two years,(and it is supposed to be every 3 months), and when it was finally tested, it was no longer functioning. When my dad got to the hospital, the pacemaker was replaced because it was dead. We are lucky we didn't lose him, and there were others that didn't get theirs checked either. There is not going to be an autopsy if an elderly person in a nursing home seems to have stopped breathing or possibly had a heart attack. Be afraid... Be very afraid.....

Becker7 December 29, 2015

Hillcrest provided my loved one with the best care. From admitting mom to the end of life care, she was treated with dignity, respect and love. All the staff went above and beyond to give mom the most respectable care and love daily. She was always groomed well, maintained well oral hygiene and was always fresh and clean. Mom enjoyed the daily activities. There was always something going on for her to do. She remained active in her daily life until the last 48 hours when she needed end of life care. The comfort care provided was extremely passionate and from the heart. All the employees at Hillcrest have a smile on their faces even in the toughest of times. I highly recommend this facility to all family and friends. Thank you Hillcrest.

A Brown September 26, 2015

A year ago I posted a review about Hillcrest that was negative but wanted to take the time to update that. The administration worked with my mother and I to correct and meet all her needs. Once they knew wear or grievances were the efforts to fix them amazed me. She is now in therapy and taking 100 steps per day, she can now get in and out of a car, they even discovered that she was diabetic, something we were not aware of. Honestly I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to the administration as well as the nurses who work hard everyday, thank you for hearing us, thank you for listening, and correcting. We couldn't do this journey without you.

jesabum December 02, 2013

Worst nursing home in Lake County. Staff always changing. Rooms out dated.

CammyBen June 22, 2011

My grandfather stayed at this retirement home after he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and was no longer able to take care of himself. The facility was always clean and workers there were very nice and polite. The rooms I saw were cozy and very comfortable. The staff also knew the residents well and we well aware of their ability. For example my grandfather was allowed to leave for short walks while he was still high functioning. They kept up with him well and new when he was no longer allowed to leave unattended. I have been to a few retirement homes and this one was well kept and never a chore to be in.

rose-1 May 27, 2009

My loved one stayed here

The staff at Hillcrest Nursing Center are so very helpful. They always take the extra time to assist me with issues that I am facing in regards to my Mom. They have helped two generations of my family and I definately feel like family when I visit.

About Hillcrest Retirement Village

Hillcrest Retirement Village is a nursing home in Round Lake Beach, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hillcrest Retirement Village for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Hillcrest Retirement Village

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Hillcrest Retirement Village