Sunharbor Manor

255 WARNER AVENUE, Roslyn Heights, NY, 11577

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Sunharbor Manor

york October 12, 2014

this facility should be investigated,half of the staff are not nursing home efficient, some are lazy, some are rude, some should go back to nursing school, actually I don't know how they even graduated,no compassion and the food is old and recycled which I seen it with my own eyes. This facility should be investigated New York State should have tougher laws when it comes to nursing facility I hope that someone reads this and does something about it because this facility is falling apart.

All the best October 06, 2013

My mom entered your facility unable to walk, feed herself- basically on her deathbed. She left 2 months later. She was walking with her walker, feeding herself with a new lease on life. By the way, she is 94. This is all happened because of the outstanding staff. I have to begin with the recreation staff because emotional health is an important part of healing. Your director there for the rehab patient was an exuberant & caring woman who heAvily contributed to the patients' well being. Physical therapy & the nursing staff also excelled. Thank you sun harbor manor!

Advocate for the Elderly August 02, 2013

My mother is a patient at Sunharbor Manor. The facility has some positive aspects but what is most troubling is the insensitive attitudes of the LPNs and/or Nurses Aides. On several occasions I have visited with my mother and noticed that she was visibly upset. She is not one to complain which is probably why the staff members have ignored her and treated her with such disrespect. I think it is so important for staff members who work with the elderly to understand that their clients are at a stage in their lives where they can't care for themselves. Quite often this population suffers from depression because they must depend on others for assistance with their daily living skills. My mother does not feel good about having to ask for assistance with bathing herself, going to the toilet and wearing a soiled pamper for most of the day because she is afraid to ask the staff to change her pamper for fear of being ignored, rejected and/or insulted by the workers saying unkind things under their breath about not wanting to change her soiled pamper. Families are at the mercy of these institutions because quite often the children of the elderly must work so we can't be at these facilities full time to care for our love ones. What is most troubling is that these facilities are reimbursed by the insurance carriers to render high quality service to their clients. In closing, it is my hopes that the senior executive leadership will conduct a quality review to see how poorly their staff is treating the patients. A lot of the elderly patients at this facility will not openly complain for fear of retaliation. I am looking forward to our mother coming home. This is not a rehabilitiation facility that I would recommend because the staff is poorly trained, lazy and insensitive.

Caring6316 March 28, 2013

They were very lovely at Sunharbor Manor. They had such a caring overall feeling about the place. When I was there, they put a woman with a piano on a wheeling stage and rode her around to the floors where she sang and got the people to sing. The folks had such a good time. They also had a cocktail hour every Friday. They put the drinks into pretty glasses and they served hors d'oeuvres too.

There were double rooms and private rooms. Residents were allowed to bring their own furniture and decorate the rooms themselves. But even without decor, the rooms had pretty wallpapers and drapes. The common rooms were decorated in a cozy kind of way. The food was excellent. They served pureed food if needed. Those purees were made colorful and they gave it a more genuine food-like appearance and texture.

This facility is really nice but they can improve on their staffing. They're always understaffed.

jcb0413 December 09, 2012

Sunharbor Manor has been an absolute life-saver for my father! Everyone who works there, from the aides and nurses, all the way up the chain to the administrators, have been nothing but kind, friendly, and accommodating. They truly care about their patients/residents and have no problem going out of their way to help in any way they can. The building is consistently clean and the ambiance is light and bright. I couldn't ask for more from this great place and the wonderful people associated with Sunharbor!

About Sunharbor Manor

Sunharbor Manor is a nursing home in Roslyn Heights, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sunharbor Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Sunharbor Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335559

Location of Sunharbor Manor