NEED HELP FINDING NURSING HOMES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Oak Ridge Healthcare Center

Posted by pds July 09, 2015
1.0

I had my mom admitted to Oak Ridge for rehabilitation. Unfortunately, Oak Ridge's idea of rehabilitation was to let her slide to the brink of death from incompetence and neglect. About a week after my mom was admitted, she began became extremely weak, experiencing great difficulty in standing, speaking and breathing. I told Oak Ridge staff that I thought she should be transferred to a hospital. Staff responded that the transfer would be deemed "against medical advice" and that they would not participate in any way, even if only to provide my mom with an oxygen bottle en route to the hospital. A charge nurse even had the gall to tell me that "I need to stop putting ideas in my mom's mind" and that "the hospital is only going to laugh at you". Three days later, with my mom practically gasping for breath, I finally got the Oak Ridge doctor to sign an order to transfer my mom to a hospital. Thankfully the hospital was able to stabilize her, the ER doctor telling me that had she been left at Oak Ridge another two days she would have died.

Posted by John103411950 February 18, 2015
4.0

My father is in Oak Ridge Healthcare Center. It is probably better than the average nursing homes, but then nursing homes are all sort of depressing. They are all like old hospitals, and you share a room and all that stuff. It is nowhere near being in assisted living. If you want to put a range, I would say they are above average. The staff seem to be attentive -- which is important -- and a number of them seem to be friendly. It is clean and everything.

Posted by Kathy N February 20, 2014

My mother was a patient for 4 weeks rehabilitating her broken back. The staff is fabulous! They treated us like we were their only patient. I love these people and would highly recommend them!!

Posted by Dixie25 January 13, 2014
4.0

The entire taff were very capable and caring for my father who recently passed away here. Very compassionate and respectful. Many employees are long-term. Dad liked the food, too. Physical therapists were excellent.

Posted by Cynthia11 July 29, 2013
4.0

The rooms at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center were shared with other residents, so you had to share the bathroom. It was a problem for my father-in-law because he wanted more privacy. The social worker was wonderful, she was the one who recommended the assisted living facility where he transferred to. I would recommend this facility to others.

Posted by californiasun April 05, 2012
4.0

My grandfather was a resident at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center in Roseville, CA before he passed away. By the time he was a resident at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, his health was very poor and I had never seen him look so weak. When I went to visit him, I was very relieved to see how well he was being taken care of. He was so frail that the female nurse was able to lift him and put him in his wheelchair. But she did so very gently. I also liked how she knew his name and seemed to be very friendly. The facility allowed us to put family pictures on the walls in hopes he could remember some of his past, which was increasingly difficult due to the fact that he had Alzheimer's. I really enjoyed visiting my grandfather, although it was heartbreaking to see him ill. The grounds of the facility are well-maintained and peaceful, and the staff are warm and friendly.

Posted by J&BP January 16, 2012

From my initial visit and meeting with Michael until my last interaction with the staff 3 years later, they have all truly exceeded my expectations of what a care facility was. Every staff member I ever had contact with from nursing to nutrition, housekeeping to bookkeeping treated us as though we were a part of the family and we mattered. The care and compassion of everyone there always humbled me. Oakridge is truly a special place.

Posted by JWRoss July 27, 2011
1.0

If considering a skilled nursing facility, absolutely DO NOT consider Oak Ridge. The quality of care is pathetic; the management unresponsive; and the lack of cleanliness is disgusting.

JUST DON'T!