Oak Ridge Healthcare Center

310 Oak Ridge Drive, Roseville, CA, 95661

Reviews of Oak Ridge Healthcare Center

September 26, 2015

By Terry L

I was looking for a place for my dad and went into the center and met with the Director. I couldn't believe the behavior that he displayed. He didn't want to answer my questions was not caring at all. He had a young girl in his office that was not an employee and she stayed listening to personal medical information about my dad. His behavior was so unacceptable I worry about the patience there. There was a poor little women in a wheel chair asking for someone to take her outside and get her out of there, nobody and I mean nobody came to help her or talk to her, not even the director. My son who was with me said we are done, and told the director he acted like a use car salesman. So unprofessional - I wouldn't leave my anyone that I loved in such a place. Shame on them.

September 16, 2015

By Saddened Daughter 2008

My father was admitted nearly unresponsive. He should've never been considered an appropriate admission. I witnessed the nurse forcing pie and chicken nuggets into my fathers mouth. He couldnt chew! He could hardly speak. He told me "they're so rough with me." I called multiple times a day to ask them to change his meal plan! I brought protein shakes and Gatorade and poured them down his throat until they'd get a doctor to change the orders.... He was dehydrated... It turns out. After about 5-7 days Therese had never been appropriately assessed my a doctor. They took over 49 minutes to get him to kaiser Roseville which is 2mi away. He died that day!partly due to renal failure. They did not take care with my loving father or tend to his needs. They watched and allowed him to deteriorate. The department of public health investigated and found for days he received less than 1/3 the fluids he'd need to sustain. Let alone get better! They did not take care of him and I witnessed a lot of other poor care and unresponsiveness during my visits. What they did was take money to care for someone who couldn't care for himself or even speak up, and tortured him by depriving him of adequate care, basic fluids. I pray they treat others better! I pray they have improved...

July 09, 2015

By pds

I had my mom admitted to Oak Ridge for rehabilitation. Unfortunately, Oak Ridge's idea of rehabilitation was to let her slide to the brink of death from incompetence and neglect. About a week after my mom was admitted, she began became extremely weak, experiencing great difficulty in standing, speaking and breathing. I told Oak Ridge staff that I thought she should be transferred to a hospital. Staff responded that the transfer would be deemed "against medical advice" and that they would not participate in any way, even if only to provide my mom with an oxygen bottle en route to the hospital. A charge nurse even had the gall to tell me that "I need to stop putting ideas in my mom's mind" and that "the hospital is only going to laugh at you". Three days later, with my mom practically gasping for breath, I finally got the Oak Ridge doctor to sign an order to transfer my mom to a hospital. Thankfully the hospital was able to stabilize her, the ER doctor telling me that had she been left at Oak Ridge another two days she would have died.

February 18, 2015

By John103411950

My father is in Oak Ridge Healthcare Center. It is probably better than the average nursing homes, but then nursing homes are all sort of depressing. They are all like old hospitals, and you share a room and all that stuff. It is nowhere near being in assisted living. If you want to put a range, I would say they are above average. The staff seem to be attentive -- which is important -- and a number of them seem to be friendly. It is clean and everything.

February 20, 2014

By Kathy N

Other

My mother was a patient for 4 weeks rehabilitating her broken back. The staff is fabulous! They treated us like we were their only patient. I love these people and would highly recommend them!!

January 13, 2014

By Dixie25

The entire taff were very capable and caring for my father who recently passed away here. Very compassionate and respectful. Many employees are long-term. Dad liked the food, too. Physical therapists were excellent.

July 29, 2013

By Cynthia11

The rooms at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center were shared with other residents, so you had to share the bathroom. It was a problem for my father-in-law because he wanted more privacy. The social worker was wonderful, she was the one who recommended the assisted living facility where he transferred to. I would recommend this facility to others.

April 05, 2012

By californiasun

My grandfather was a resident at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center in Roseville, CA before he passed away. By the time he was a resident at Oak Ridge Healthcare Center, his health was very poor and I had never seen him look so weak. When I went to visit him, I was very relieved to see how well he was being taken care of. He was so frail that the female nurse was able to lift him and put him in his wheelchair. But she did so very gently. I also liked how she knew his name and seemed to be very friendly. The facility allowed us to put family pictures on the walls in hopes he could remember some of his past, which was increasingly difficult due to the fact that he had Alzheimer's. I really enjoyed visiting my grandfather, although it was heartbreaking to see him ill. The grounds of the facility are well-maintained and peaceful, and the staff are warm and friendly.

January 16, 2012

By J&BP

From my initial visit and meeting with Michael until my last interaction with the staff 3 years later, they have all truly exceeded my expectations of what a care facility was. Every staff member I ever had contact with from nursing to nutrition, housekeeping to bookkeeping treated us as though we were a part of the family and we mattered. The care and compassion of everyone there always humbled me. Oakridge is truly a special place.

July 27, 2011

By JWRoss

If considering a skilled nursing facility, absolutely DO NOT consider Oak Ridge. The quality of care is pathetic; the management unresponsive; and the lack of cleanliness is disgusting. JUST DON'T!

Features of Oak Ridge Healthcare Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Oak Ridge Healthcare Center

Oak Ridge Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Roseville, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oak Ridge Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Oak Ridge Healthcare Center