Payment

Reviews of Romeo Nursing Center

Romeo Nursing Center
64px
Posted by nikabee77 February 23, 2015

This is absolutely top notch care. My mother lived in this facility for about 4 years and just passed away there. During her time there, she was not treated like a patient but more like a family member. All of the staff members are warm, attentive and put their hearts into their work. My mother was happier and more comfortable there than she was in an expensive private pay facility that looked absolutely beautiful.It's true that the aesthetics of the building leave much to be desired, but they do the best with what they have to make it cheery and the spirit and energy that the staff bring to the space makes all of the difference in the world. During my mom's time there, she never had more than one roommate. There are some rooms with three beds, but one of the beds was not typically used in my experience. The residents are not usually in bed, anyway, but up and being engaged. I am so grateful for the staff at Romeo Nursing Center. They improved my mother's quality of life a hundred-fold during her last years.

Romeo Nursing Center
64px
Posted by Sue18 May 14, 2013
3.0

Romeo Nursing Center is a smaller facility; there are not much many people there. They've got two different buildings and they've got only twenty-five to thirty-five patients. But the building was very old and kind of dreary. Most of the rooms have three people in them and they're very cramped and crowded. It kind of looked like to me like it's the inside of an old school building or something. The cinder block walls and the hard flooring, it didn't look very inviting. Other than that, I didn't know anything much about what they're doing there in terms of food and activities. The staff were friendly; I didn't have any problems with them. They seemed very nice. It's just the crowded room conditions and the building itself being outdated and old. It's not a place somebody wants to stay in anyway. I liked that it was small and I think that the level of care is a lot better in a smaller place. With the Michigan Department of Health, they scored very high so they must be doing a lot of good things. They're rated very high with the level of care, which I think is very important too. If it didn't matter to them whatever it looked like and it may be for somebody that at a later stage of Alzheimer's and not really aware but they would know the warmth of the nursing care, that I think would work well. But for somebody who appreciates being in a nice place that's not cramp and crowded, I don't think they would like that place because they would feel very small inside especially in that room where there's so many people in the room.

Medicare Ratings