Hebrew Home of Greater Washington

Overview of Ratings

3.4

June 26, 2013

By Jeanette7

My mom needs extra care because of her condition and the nurses at Hebrew Home are very attentive and focused on her needs, round the clock, to make sure that she is well taken care of. She's not treated like a number she is treated as a person. They are very good.

August 30, 2012

Mom's been there for about three weeks now. The whole family chose the place because it was very highly recommended for a physical therapy and I believe mom was treated well. I guess more menu options would be nice, although I don't know if that's even an option because it's a Kosher facility. But I would recommend this facility to others.

July 24, 2012

Right at this moment my mom has improved much more quickly than we thought. I was happy about that. She has been to Hebrew Home for about 3 weeks. They all have different levels of care. Our family chose it from the option that's available. We like best about them is the fact that it was highly recommended for physical therapy. She was treated well and she's very happy during her stay in the facility. I will definitely recommend this facility to others.

June 30, 2012

By sam301

Overall I am satisfied with the care I received at the Hebrew Home. The food was significantly better than the hospital I was discharged from. The staff encourages group dining to foster a sense of community. There are daily activities that I was allowed to attend. There are also many volunteers that come by to help with the activities or simply visit with the residents. I had my own room. It was quiet and well furnished, almost like a hotel room. The bathrooms were, of course, accessible.Each day I had a daily session of physical therapy and occupational therapy. The therapists were friendly, and the equipment was plentiful and not in bad condition. I would also be checked by a doctor daily to monitor my general health and the nurses tended to my surgical site (drainage, bandages, etc.)Visitors are allowed at any time, and the process is handled by a front desk on the ground floor. The residents live on the 2nd floor and above.

May 30, 2012

By Guilio

I found this faculty to be a terrible place. The building and its rooms were in disrepair and unclean. The staff at the faculty were unkind and appeared unwilling to aide the patients calling for them.I witnessed one patient asking a caregiver for her daily medication. She was ignored and so she asked once again for her medication. After a third request, the caregiver turned to the elderly patient and told her to, "Shut the ---- up!" and then left the room.Overall, I would hope no one I know ever ends up living in this place. The patients are so very poorly taken care of and clearly, for the most part, are very unhappy.

January 28, 2012

By Duke Lawliet

After working a Summer volunteering at the Hebrew Home, I left utterly disgusted. After being barely trained by a surly and miserable head of volunteers, I was assigned to the fourth floor. Not one day into the job, I was stunned by the absolute inefficiency. It was infuriating to have to prepare the consistently requested iced tea at lunch cup by cup, as opposed to just making a pitcher, and being given conflicting duties. What really disturbed me though, was how cruel, and uncaring the nurses are. The nurses, many of whom could barely speak English, were horrible to the patients, or, as the volunteers came to view them, the inmates. I remember them teasing one poor woman who was confused, and convinced they had stolen her car keys. Oftentimes, residents were left sitting in their own waste, no one caring to aid them. The one thing I can say in the Hebrew Home's defense is that the rooms were spacious and well appointed, and accommodations were made for special cases, such as a traditional futon being provided to an elderly Japanese couple. I would not recommend this nightmare of an establishment to anyone.

October 20, 2011

By R.L

While visiting my family member at this facility, we experienced that the staff were nice to us and very accommodating. But that not the case for my family member who was there. He was neglected to some extend where ended up have bed sores, he leg was fractured because he wanted to go the bathroom but no one came to assist him. There were times when his physical therapy classes were not handled properly or he was not taken to either. The facility was kept very clean, I would recommend them for that and meals were served on time as well. the bed linens were changed regularly as well. But there were times when we visited our family member his room would give a certain smell, that was hard to ignore and be able to stay in the room at the same time.The assistance would sometimes compliant about other living who were living there which was very offensive to me personally.overall, I would not recommend this facility to any other family.

October 14, 2011

By kkraft

My grandmother had severe Alzheimers Disease and she spent the last few months of her life here. The nurses and doctors took good care of her and she passed away here eventually. We have a very large family ( she had 40 grandshildren) and the entire family was welcome to be with her there at the final moment. The nurses brought us all chairs and attended to our every need. They never complained about the crowd and seemed to be making the best of what could be a a sad work environment. I was very impressed with this facility and highly recommend it.

May 26, 2011

By SunnyDay1

Visited this facility

In the Summer of 2010, I volunteered for two months at the Hebrew Home in Rockville Maryland, and found the experience to be abysmal. Nurses were unqualified, and instructed me to preform tasks I was not trained for, such as disconnecting residents from oxygen tanks. Supervision was poor, and many patients were found wandering unattended. Nurses were dismissive and cruel to patients, taunting them when they became confused and emotional. Living quarters were cramped and utilitarian, and offered little privacy. Food was mediocre, clearly not providing adequate nutrition, and lacking flavor and variety. One highlight was physical therapy, but even there, negligence, and a general lack of understanding of patients problems prevailed. Overall, I was disgusted with the conditions presented.

Features of Hebrew Home of Greater Washington

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Hebrew Home of Greater Washington

Hebrew Home of Greater Washington is a nursing home in Rockville, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hebrew Home of Greater Washington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Hebrew Home of Greater Washington