Jewish Home at Rockleigh

10 LINK DRIVE, Rockleigh, NJ, 07647

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Jewish Home at Rockleigh

Joel K March 16, 2015

In my opinion,the Jewish Home in Rockleigh N.J. is the finest facility of it's kind in New Jersey. My wife was a participant in the Gallen Adult Day Care unit for 4 years,attending 5 days each week,and then was a resident in the Seiden unit (Secure,Alzheimer unit) for 2 additional years,until she passed away. I was in the building every day for 6 years,driving her,picking her up and then visiting her daily.

As a result,I feel secure in saying that I have observed EVERY aspect of the working of this facility,and feel confident that my opinion is based on my observations from over 2000 visits.

THE STAFF---The first thing that you notice when you visit this facility is the caring nature of the staff.

This is evident regardless of who you are observing,be it a housekeeper,aide,nurse the woman at the front desk,or the CEO.

It is obvious that everyone is happy to be there. THE FACILITY-- This building is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. At first visit you would think you were in a well appointed hotel. Everything about the place is pleasing and inviting. The artwork invites your looking at. The corridors are wide,brightly lit with plenty of light from abundant windows. Every resident has a private room and bathroom.

THE CARE---- Every resident is dressed and out of his or her room,unless ill. There is always activities in each of the units for the residents every day. Residents are kept busy and the smiles on the faces of the staff are contagious.Every family member has a personal meeting quarterly with the heads of each department to receive a report on their loved ones progress.

I feel confident in recommending this facility to anyone who has a family member or friend in need of a care
residence .

Jan11375 December 17, 2014

Horrible nursing and medical care. More mistakes and errors than decent treatment. No one there has a clue and few tthere care abt the patients well being. Patients are screaming out got nurses and aides to help them with zero response while they are out on breaks. Questions go unanswered as the staff is second rate. My advice is to find a better facility even if you do have to share a room.

TEFR June 24, 2014

The Jewish Home is NOT about "patient care", despite their PR. The are exclusively interested in $$$, regardless of circumstance or the sensitivity they supposedly embrace. My Mother was there in Hospice with an acknowledgement that the end was near. On the day she passed, my brother received a bill from them! The exhibit a benign neglect for their residents that is contrary to their hype. STAY AWAY!

Laura F1 October 04, 2011

My mother's eldest sister spent her whole life as a free spirit never marrying, no children, a life filled with adventure and travel. At the age of 74 my Aunt was hit by a car in New York City and suffered and as a result would never be able to live on her own again. While my Aunt's mental capasity was fine, her body was anything but. My Aunt's free will and will do spirit was great when she lived on her own, but not when she was dependent upon others. My aunt actually ran away three times from two different assisted living facilities! My aunt didn't want to be in a facility, she wanted to go back to New York City, but she couldn't understand that she would fall do to balance issues and needed to be in a facility. My Aunt's third home after the accident was the Jewish Home at Rockleigh and I picked the home because it was in the woods with limited taxi service and no busses so my Aunt would have a much harder time getting someone to help her excape. The Jewish Home at Rockleigh was just what the doctor ordered for my Aunt. So many of the people in the assisted living were very mentally intact and physically able to do most things like my aunt. Another plus was how many of the people were from New York City and she made friends quickly. The facility is very well appointed with a swimming pool, wonderful food that I would voluntarly eat, lots of different activities for the residents, and the home doesn't have that nursing home smell. My Aunt spent three years in the assisted living before my Aunt died of a heart attack.

About Jewish Home at Rockleigh

Jewish Home at Rockleigh is a nursing home in Rockleigh, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Jewish Home at Rockleigh for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Jewish Home at Rockleigh

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Jewish Home at Rockleigh