Jewish Home at Rockleigh

Overview of Ratings

3.6

June 24, 2014

By TEFR

The Jewish Home is NOT about "patient care", despite their PR. The are exclusively interested in $$$, regardless of circumstance or the sensitivity they supposedly embrace. My Mother was there in Hospice with an acknowledgement that the end was near. On the day she passed, my brother received a bill from them! The exhibit a benign neglect for their residents that is contrary to their hype. STAY AWAY!

October 04, 2011

By Laura F1

My mother's eldest sister spent her whole life as a free spirit never marrying, no children, a life filled with adventure and travel. At the age of 74 my Aunt was hit by a car in New York City and suffered and as a result would never be able to live on her own again. While my Aunt's mental capasity was fine, her body was anything but. My Aunt's free will and will do spirit was great when she lived on her own, but not when she was dependent upon others. My aunt actually ran away three times from two different assisted living facilities! My aunt didn't want to be in a facility, she wanted to go back to New York City, but she couldn't understand that she would fall do to balance issues and needed to be in a facility. My Aunt's third home after the accident was the Jewish Home at Rockleigh and I picked the home because it was in the woods with limited taxi service and no busses so my Aunt would have a much harder time getting someone to help her excape. The Jewish Home at Rockleigh was just what the doctor ordered for my Aunt. So many of the people in the assisted living were very mentally intact and physically able to do most things like my aunt. Another plus was how many of the people were from New York City and she made friends quickly. The facility is very well appointed with a swimming pool, wonderful food that I would voluntarly eat, lots of different activities for the residents, and the home doesn't have that nursing home smell. My Aunt spent three years in the assisted living before my Aunt died of a heart attack.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Jewish Home at Rockleigh

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall:
    • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation

About Jewish Home at Rockleigh

Jewish Home at Rockleigh is a nursing home in Rockleigh, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Jewish Home at Rockleigh for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Jewish Home at Rockleigh