St Johns Health Care Corporation

150 HIGHLAND AVENUE, Rochester, NY, 14620
Claim Listing

Reviews of St Johns Health Care Corporation

AuraLee42 November 07, 2012

My relative staying at St. John's resided on a floor specifically for those with neurological impediments (she, like many of the patients there, had Alzheimer's). When I arrived on the floor, I was always greeted cheerfully and led to her, but it became more difficult to get in contact with the staff after that first contact point. Sometimes my grandmother's clothes would be still covered in fresh food spills from breakfast, which could have been easily remedied by a quick shirt change by the staff (she couldn't dress herself). One time, when trying to call for a staff member to assist me and my family, it was very difficult to find someone on duty to help us: however, since they were otherwise very friendly and helpful when we could find them, that might just have been due to a weird shift change. The facility itself was generally clean, inviting, and well-kept. We were able to take my grandmother out for wheelchair-walks in the lcourtyard, which she seemed to enjoy. One of our visits happened to coincide with a kind of "Music Hour" event, during which a particular nurse provided the residents with simple instruments and song lyrics if they wished to participate--all of the cognizant elders present also seemed to be very fond of that. Finally, although I appreciate that television is provided for those who might want to be distracted by it, the television seemed constantly switched onto channels showing rather dark and violent content, which may have been an unfortunate coincidence but certainly did not lend itself to a welcoming and comforting environment.

Anon3659 March 14, 2012

I visited the St. John's Home long-term care facility to spend some time visiting with the residents. The residents seemed content and were well cared for. They were all washed and dressed each morning, and they were assisted with eating if needed. Precautions were taken to reduce everyone's risk of falling, including the use of walker, wheelchair, and gait belts where indicated. The use of these devices was clearly explained to the residents. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and clearly cared about their residents. The staff practiced good hand-hygiene. Medications were secured and administered safely and on-time. The facility was clean and well-maintained, with no clutter in hallways. Residents were always prepared on-time for trips out of the facilities, whether they were going for medical care of family outings. St. John's Home also offered many amenities in-house, including physical therapy, a barber shop, a gift shop, and an ice cream shop.

rmar0901 February 28, 2012

I am an accountant and one of the main industries we work in is health care. I was very impressed with the conditions at St. John's Nursing Home in Rochester, NY. Every single person in the home was upbeat and friendly at all times, from the CFO to the handyman to the residents. Everyone was happy at the home, which is an extremely important attribute in my opinion.There were many activities for the residents to partake in throughout the year. There was an ice cream stand open during the entire year for anyone who needed a "lift me up" in the middle of the day. They put on a talent show every year as well as an arts and crafts/bake sale. There is no doubt in my mind that the quality of life provided to resdients at this nursing home is as high on the bar as it can be. I'm convinced that this is one of the best homes someone could be placed in.

About St Johns Health Care Corporation

St Johns Health Care Corporation is a nursing home in Rochester, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Johns Health Care Corporation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St Johns Health Care Corporation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of St Johns Health Care Corporation