St. Ann’s Community

1500 Portland Avenue, Rochester, NY, 14621

Reviews of St. Ann’s Community

kmb5603 July 12, 2012

The staff has a huge turnover. There are constantly new aids and nurses that are switching over to different floors or different facilities, so communicating is a little difficult. Many times we have found out that my grandfather was sitting in a wet diaper for a few hours before we get there. He has been hospitalized numerous times for stroke like symptoms but it ended up as simple dehydration. the Aids put water in his room, but do not make him drink it. The staff is normally friendly around us and they have plenty of activities for residents to participate in.

eknauf01 April 05, 2012

I have been volunteering at/ visiting St. Ann's for over a year now. I have learned about some of the terrible conditions of other nursing homes through literature and films, however, I can say that this is definitely not a nursing home of the like. For the most part, the staff seem to absolutely love what they do and love the residents living there. They do not limit their time or stay to strict to a schedule, but really care about the individual they are interacting with. The facilities are well decorated and give a very "homey" feel to the place. I think that the residents really enjoy all of the holiday/ seasonal decorations as well. The main complaint I would get from the residents, however, was that the food was not always very good. Sometimes it would be served cold and other times, it just tasted too bland. Overall though, I think that St. Ann's is working towards improving and making their residents as happy as possible.

vjgwoody August 26, 2011

My mother was a patient at St. Ann's for rehab after an illness. I loved the place. It was always clean, the food was excellent and a huge variety. The staff were all caring and immediately available if needed and were always able to answer any questions I had regarding her care. I cannot say enough about St. Ann's = a beautiful facility and they never seemed to be understaffed.

From St. Ann’s Community

St. Ann’s Community is Rochester’s leading senior housing and health services provider, with a tradition of quality care for older adults dating back to 1873. St. Ann’s offers a continuum of care that includes independent retirement living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, short-term transitional care, palliative care, and adult day programs. One of the area’s largest employers, St. Ann’s has more than 1,200 employees who are Caring for the Most Important People on Earth.

Features of St. Ann’s Community

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of St. Ann’s Community