Chateau At Rochelle Park, The

96 Parkway, Rochelle Park, NJ, 07662

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Chateau At Rochelle Park, The

emba March 05, 2014

My dad loved this place. It is very clean and staffs very good physical/occupational therapists. The nursing staff we've encountered were exceptional and kind. The CNAs assigned to my father were also compassionate and kind. We've had bad experiences in another facility and the Chateau was a breath of fresh air.

Gmatinez February 14, 2014

I can not belivive all the negative comments this is a wonderful place my father needs so much assistants we have had wonderful care the nursing staff and the CNA staff have been nothing but helpful Kind the nursing staff is ontop of everything labs are done weekly and communication with the dr in facility is very easy accesses even the cleaning staff are friendly we were in another rehab with was a disaster I would recommend this place to other family members

AuntRose January 15, 2014

I give this a poor rating. Although it is a lovely looking facility and extremely clean it will fool you. As someone else said regarding getting someone to take you to the bathroom it took one half hour the one time i witnessed it. The thing that really bothers me is they have EVERYONE confined to a wheel chair. Even if they are capable to walk. THEY DONT WANT ANYONE TO FALL. This can create all kinds of problems sitting all day. My relative did get bed sores from the chair. Also they arent allowed to go to their room all day. They keep everyone in the DAY ROOM. My relative is very upset with this.Thats for their convenience. They even had patients who could only recline in a bed or gurney staying in that room on oxygen and sleeping all day. This is for their convenience. Some of the staff are short with the patience and rush them getting changed at night. I will say there are a select few aides and nurses that are very caring and good. The woman who runs the activities is a doll, very patient and always trying to get them involved. The therapists are also very nice and the patients do like them all. Dustin the Patient Advocate is very good to know and talk to and has gone out of his way for us. I think most of these places are the same. You need to be there constantly to make sure your relative is being taken care of and also get your relative out of the chair. One relative has a personal aide there all day to insure she is well taken care of.

Ysa495 July 14, 2013

the looks of this place fool you. The staff is extremely unprofessional and treat their patients like they are burdens. I've never experienced such horrible treatment and lack of knowledge the nurses have. I do not recommend this place.

kkr1234 September 19, 2012

My husband was on a ventilator when he came to Chateau. He also had a trach to breathe in his neck and could only sit on the side of the bed. He now breathes without a ventilator and they took out his trach. I am so pleased. Today he WALKED with a walker for 50 feet. We are not ready to go home yet, but I cant wait to see the end result of this fabulous journey. Thank you to all the staff. I would mention names but I fear I would insult someone by forgetting them. Thank you!!

PatienceMelissa May 02, 2012

Beware of appearances. Nurses and aides do not communicate well with one another. Medication mistakes are made with no accountability. Doctors are not completely aware of what is going on with their patients. Most aides (not all) do not care a bit about the patient. A sad scenario overall. Visitors are not treated well. My advice is to let your loved one recuperate at home with your own loving care and do not let them suffer like this during recuperation... or at the end of their lives.

PaulieNeu February 28, 2012

The experience there was fine. My grandfather was on a respirator in his time at the facility. During his stay he was given fine care and my family was given all the relevant information in a timely fashion. During his stay, the decision was made to pull him off the respirator and while it was a difficult decision, they assisted in making the decision as painless as possible. We had fairly constant providers which also served to aid in making the stay as painless as possible. The valet service offered at the entrance, free of charge, also made visiting a less daunting proposition than when my grandfather was in a hospital in New York City. Typically, I think there is too much security in facilities like this (I don't exactly expect the elderly to launch an escape) there was erratic security. At times, we were asked to sign in and at others we were not. The fact that the facility was next to a highway did not affect my grandfather's room's noise level at all. The main negative occurred following his stay. My mother received a call about two weeks ago (several months after his passing) asking how he is enjoying his stay at the facility. A little more diligence in their files would be much appreciated.

sickmom October 21, 2011

My mother was at chateau for a month. I loved my dr. therapy was done every day of the week. I was so surprised. The nurses are so nice. This place is not a nursing home so if thats what your looking for its not it. Its a rehab. You get alot of rehab and have nice nurses.

Chateau August 20, 2011

If I could rank this facility as zero stars I would. I cannot imagine how they are not sued regularly. I have seen so many life-threatening mistakes and inexcusable standards of care. My dog is treated better at the kennel. There is no accountability- you will not meet with a supervisor, and patients are not discussed between shift changes. There is no nurse reviewing the notes from the previous shift. Nurses are there to pass out the pills, and that's it. If something sigificant occurred, the caregivers will not be alerted. This place is a warehouse holding the mostly elderly patients, before they end up elsewhere- with more problems than they came in with. Looking for a rehab? Stay away from the Chateau at Rochelle Park.

compassionfirst July 16, 2011

Do not be fooled by the look of the facility. It's all window dressing. I can count on one hand the number of compassionate caregivers in this facility. The myriad others offer no explanations, and many are difficult to understand. They are slow to answer the call bell, and the food you order is rarely what is received. Physical therapy is the bare minimum, with little attention from the therapists. If an elderly friend or relative ends up at The Chateau, I would not expect great progress.

RNLAWYER May 04, 2011

Visited this facility

I totally agree with everything you said. 45 minute wait to use the bathroom....food disgusting...really disgusting...no one around to ask how your family member is doing...what meds they are on etc. Staff shows no compassion.

NJKnightlyles February 24, 2011

UNPROFFESSIONAL Facility - NOT Recommended

My mom was in this facility. Her therapist tried to get her to give him a good review on day 1. He left wrappers and garbage all over her bed, raised her O2 level without dr's. orders at night and handed her her nebulizer without hooking it up. He also told her that because her O2 tube was too short, she'd have to shower without access to O2. They gave her 2 heart med pills at once instead of 1 every 12 hours. They told her that her extremely low pulse rate was "nothing to worry about." The therapists gave her no goals. Just walked her up and down the hallways. They gave her no pulmonary patient specific therapy instructions. She had to suggest gradually working her O2 level down. The food was bland to nauseating - rubbery eggs and such. Until they gave her someone else's food tray by mistake. Other patients were apparently being given a better grade of food. They gave her 2 milk-based soups in one day, when pulmonary patients are NOT supposed to eat dairy. A SUEABLE place.

About Chateau At Rochelle Park, The

Chateau At Rochelle Park, The is a nursing home in Rochelle Park, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Chateau At Rochelle Park, The for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Chateau At Rochelle Park, The

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Chateau At Rochelle Park, The