Friendship Health and Rehab Center

327 Hershberger Rd Nw, Roanoke, VA, 24012

Reviews of Friendship Health and Rehab Center

novgirl88 July 13, 2012

I had a very positive experience visiting this facility. All of the staff we very friendly and had a great, positive bedside manner. Most of the staff on the memory loss unit were very experienced in this type of care and know a lot about how to take care of their patients. The facility itself was very clean and free of clutter. The memory loss unit is a locked unit so that patients suffering memory loss could still get up and move about instead of being confined to a room. This facility seemed to be very well staffed with each patient getting individualized care. The patients that were up walking around always had someone at their side to ensure their safety. What realy sold me on this facility was that no memory loss patient was sedated or heavily medicated.

aapostrophe September 29, 2011

My grandmother lived at Friendship Manor for 3 years before she died. The facilities seemed clean enough, but the atmosphere was quite dreary. There was quite a sterile feel to the place, and the staff seemed quite detached. The staff members that I met seemed friendly, but no one seemed to really care or interact with the residents past the basic requirements of their job. There were scheduled activities for the residents to participate in, but no one seemed to be having a good time. The rooms were small and cramped, and the meals were bland and overcooked. No pets were allowed, and my grandmother had to give up her beloved pet and was quite depressed. I felt sad whenever I visited my grandmother, and wished that she lived in a happier place. I felt that Friendship Manor was not a place for seniors who still enjoyed life which made visiting feel more like a chore. The facility served its' purpose, but I believe more modern assisted living facilities do a better job at providing an enjoyable social atmosphere.

About Friendship Health and Rehab Center

Friendship Health and Rehab Center is a nursing home in Roanoke, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Friendship Health and Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Friendship Health and Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Friendship Health and Rehab Center