Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Overview of Ratings

2.3

October 03, 2013

By Mlovesd

My dad was in herein May 2012. He was recovering from a terrible experience and was there to get strength. While he was there they gave him the wrong medicines, they had him drink albuterol while putting another liquid I. The breathing machine. When it was brought to their attention, it was no big deal to anyone. At one point my relatives went to see him the employees said they would bring him right out that they were going to give him a shower. About 15 minutes later they brought him into the room where my relatives were, pushing the wheelchair towards them and leaving the room quickly. When they saw him he had a large "goose egg" on his forehead. When they were questioned they said a couple different stories. One was they didn't know, another was that he got up and walked across the door and into the door. He was not strong enough to get up let alone walk. They did not realize that he actually remembered everything that happened. Several times he was put in the shower told to stand there and they squirted him and he lost his footing fell into the wall.that employee ran to get another one. Now two Employees, minimum, we're not telling the truth.. It took them about 6 hours to call the paramedics to send him to get a cat scan. Completely irresponsible! Terrible terrible place to have anyone you love! Needless to say he did not return. I called them to get answers and they refused to call back.

August 28, 2012

By soCal critic

The only reason my father-in-law is at this facility is because it's closest to home. However, my family has considered moving him into a different facility because how poorly run this place is. So far he has fallen four times in the last 7 months he has been there because he was neglected. The staff don't check up on the residents on a regular basis like they should. Whenever something happens we start asking questions such as, "How did this happen?" or "What side of the bed he fell on?", their response was "We don't know." Sometimes it also feels when they give you an answer it seems like a lie. An example would be the first time, my father-in-law fell and cracked his skull. We were told he fell while he was sitting on a wheel chair while it was locked. I don't even know how that is possible given his condition. I'm sure it would take a lot of force to tip over a wheel chair, which he doesn't have the strength to do. They also take hours to give him the proper medication he needs for his anxiety and depression. The neglect of not recieving medication for an extended period combined with unsupervised attention resulted in the second time my father-in-law fell and cracked his skull. That time was serious as he was bleeding all over the floor and had to be rushed to the community hospital, where he recieved seven stitches. My overall opinion is that if you truly love someone that you or your family has to send to a nursing home avoid this place at all costs.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a nursing home in Riverside, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center