Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

8133 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA, 92504

Reviews of Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Caring103277150 December 22, 2014

Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center was OK. It just didn't seem as clean as the place that my mother is in now. There was a smell when you walked in. The staff was friendly, but I wasn't interested in the place from the very beginning. I didn't like anything about them. They need to improve on their cleanliness.

Rod5 June 19, 2014

My mom has been at Magnolia Rehab in Riverside twice. This facility smells, and their housekeeping is poor. The nighttime staff spoke very little English. There is no room for parking. The only good activity that they had here was that they had a senior group come in with dogs, and that was good. They have one really great therapist, but she only works three days a week. The food was not very good either.

concerned1111 November 30, 2013

I have read the reviews from others who have wrote comments on this page. I to have a relative staying at this facilitie also who is sorry that she is here doing her rehab. The staff and im talking about very few that are employed at magnolia are realy dedicated and knew what they were getting into. Every time I visit the facility the same staf members are all congregated in the same area where every one can see them on there cell phones not responding to patients lights. I yet to see the administrator of the facility. Except for the dog and pony show when you first come to the facility. I observed the staff being rude not only to my family member but to other patients as well. In the field of care this facilty claims to pull a 4 star rating which I wonder if they dont right this rsting for themselves. I was talking to other visitors as well and I hope they can atke the time to right a comment also, good and bad but they need this to be brought to there attention and remove the ones that cant provide the proffesionalizm that acare facility should hold. There is not enough of the dedicated attendants to staff the facilty and this is witnessing the care for a week and listening to other relatives odf residents at the facility. The food is not appealing, I have walked around to see what is taken back and there is alot of food being wasted. I belive the facilty charge a alrge amount for this service and this needs to be addressed also. Like the others who have commented this is not a four star Care facility and I wish it was. I hope the administrator reads the comments and makes the adjustments needed and make changes. Thank You

Mlovesd October 03, 2013

My dad was in herein May 2012. He was recovering from a terrible experience and was there to get strength. While he was there they gave him the wrong medicines, they had him drink albuterol while putting another liquid I. The breathing machine. When it was brought to their attention, it was no big deal to anyone. At one point my relatives went to see him the employees said they would bring him right out that they were going to give him a shower. About 15 minutes later they brought him into the room where my relatives were, pushing the wheelchair towards them and leaving the room quickly. When they saw him he had a large "goose egg" on his forehead. When they were questioned they said a couple different stories. One was they didn't know, another was that he got up and walked across the door and into the door. He was not strong enough to get up let alone walk. They did not realize that he actually remembered everything that happened. Several times he was put in the shower told to stand there and they squirted him and he lost his footing fell into the wall.that employee ran to get another one. Now two Employees, minimum, we're not telling the truth.. It took them about 6 hours to call the paramedics to send him to get a cat scan. Completely irresponsible! Terrible terrible place to have anyone you love! Needless to say he did not return. I called them to get answers and they refused to call back.

soCal critic August 28, 2012

The only reason my father-in-law is at this facility is because it's closest to home. However, my family has considered moving him into a different facility because how poorly run this place is. So far he has fallen four times in the last 7 months he has been there because he was neglected. The staff don't check up on the residents on a regular basis like they should. Whenever something happens we start asking questions such as, "How did this happen?" or "What side of the bed he fell on?", their response was "We don't know." Sometimes it also feels when they give you an answer it seems like a lie. An example would be the first time, my father-in-law fell and cracked his skull. We were told he fell while he was sitting on a wheel chair while it was locked. I don't even know how that is possible given his condition. I'm sure it would take a lot of force to tip over a wheel chair, which he doesn't have the strength to do. They also take hours to give him the proper medication he needs for his anxiety and depression. The neglect of not recieving medication for an extended period combined with unsupervised attention resulted in the second time my father-in-law fell and cracked his skull. That time was serious as he was bleeding all over the floor and had to be rushed to the community hospital, where he recieved seven stitches. My overall opinion is that if you truly love someone that you or your family has to send to a nursing home avoid this place at all costs.

About Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a nursing home in Riverside, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center