Community Care and Rehabilitation Center

4070 JURUPA AVENUE, Riverside, CA, 92506

Reviews of Community Care and Rehabilitation Center

Caring100415450 October 16, 2014

Mom was at Community Care & Rehab Center for 7 years. It used to be really great and then it just went downhill. The staff tried, but they didn’t have much to work with. There were lost clothing and lost items. The rooms were dirty. Her drawers had crumbs and food next to old Band Aids.

My mom started going downhill; she started to need more help, and it was more like she was faulted for needing more help. She would try really hard to do her own bathrooming where she’d put one of her Depends on over the other wet one, and nobody would help her. There was no adjusting to her needs, and she was getting unexplained injuries because no one watched her in her room. She was not properly cared for. She was losing weight. She was dirty and not bathed twice a week like she was supposed to be. The food was awful. They kept giving her nutrition drinks and that’s all she was eating or getting her nourishment from because she wouldn’t eat the food.

They did bingo. They watched movies. They did have people coming in to sing. Occasionally, they had church services, but I’ve seen people just sit in front of the nurse’s stations. I could not wait to get her away from there.

Rod5 June 19, 2014

My mom was admitted at Community Care and Rehab Center four times. They have above-average nursing care, average food, average cleanliness, but they have a very good rehab. I would recommend this facility, although this is an old facility and it needs some updating. In my mom's case, she has very little activity, and they didn’t take the time to put her in the room where the people could go. If it wasn’t for the rehab sessions, she would probably would never have left the room. They really need some updating. My mom's TV, the whole time she was there, didn’t come in very clear, and I kept asking them to fix it, but they never did.

excell January 31, 2014

I am a registered nurse and owner of a six bed board and care home. In the pass and recently my residents have been transferred to Community Care and Rehab from the hospital. Over the years and recently I am amazed at that awful changes that I see. Lack of care and concern among the staff and administration. Does not seem to be have any type of monitoring system in place to assure that patients are getting the care needed. Major concern is that the Physical Therapy department. You can never get an answer as to what is the progress or plan of care being worked on at any one time. Case managers are too busy and their is no communication with families or caregivers like myself involved in patients care. My resident that is there due to a recent Stroke lays in bed for many hours wet. Even after nine days transfers from bed to wheelchair has not been initiated. I was told by one of the Therapist that the Home Health Aid had put her in the wheelchair one morning. All I hear is that I am working with her for the first time. Always lack of knowledge when asked a question about your patient.

SBSW September 14, 2011

I visited this facility. When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the urine smell in several parts of the facility. Small rooms with up to four residents. The one room I visited was too crowded with four residents. Little privacy in the rooms. I also observed the staff talking to eachother and not engaging the residents/patients. I did not get a warm caring feeling when I was there. I felt so sorry for one woman/resident who yelled out "I'm going crazy....I've got to get out of here". I think someone should have attended to her right away to ease her anxietly...poor thing. Oh yes they have pretty birds in a large cage... That was nice.

About Community Care and Rehabilitation Center

Community Care and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Riverside, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Community Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Community Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Community Care and Rehabilitation Center