Manor Care Health Services | Reno, NV

3101 Plumas St, Reno, NV, 89509

Reviews of Manor Care Health Services | Reno, NV

Chris49 October 25, 2014

We did find Manor Care Health Services, and it’s working out very well. It’s very nice and very open. It’s very well laid out, and it’s very clean. It’s carpeted, and it has nice paintings and pictures.

My friend had been in assisted living. He took a really bad fall, broke a hip, and he went into the other place until he was able to move around again. The facility that he was in was also part of Manor Care. It was more of an in-depth place that he could be, whereas now he’s back in his own apartment, and he’s able to come and go. He’s allowed to come and go as he pleases, and if I come and wanted to take him to lunch, it’s not a big deal. He'd just sign himself out and away we go.

They have quite a few things. He likes to visit with people. They have a geriatric weight room-type of thing, and then they have an open area where they can go out in the sun but it’s still enclosed so they could be outside or they can stay inside. They have an area where the severely limited people are and they stay in that area as opposed to being in the nursing home itself. I thought the food stinks. I think the level of care is probably above average.

Caring95717950 October 18, 2014

I was very unimpressed with Manor Care and it was an unpleasant 3 week experience. It wasn’t setup for me and a lot of it seemed to be for the convenience of the staff and not the patients. I am Jewish and I don’t eat pork and when I said I don’t want pork steak for dinner they brought me a ham and cheese sandwich. In theory, they have activities and their idea and my idea of what I wanted to do were very different.

Laurel4 May 21, 2014

I like that Manor Care Health Services was really clean when I came there to visit a friend. I guess that was the biggest thing that struck me right away. She is in a private room, and it is clean. My friend really didn’t like the food that well, but part of that was because she was restricted to mostly liquid diet. Their rehab staff is very good. At the time we were there, they were short-staffed in their discharge planning department.

Leaf8 September 26, 2013

Manor Care Health Services is an excellent facility. It's very clean, very nice and the residents are very well taken care of. The people there are very helpful and trained.

Lorelai June 27, 2012

The facility had nurses that seemed grumpy and didn't want to be there, and often provided care at a snail's pace. A lot of them viewed the patients as cattle and this seemed to be the case because the patient to nurse ratio was not very good. Their social care, however, was very helpful such as the case workers since they provided information and options and did their jobs well. They included hospice/palliative care in their facility, which was nice. The facility is pretty nice with all the community amenities needed for living but parking was a pain because it was very limited and cramped often leaving you to park far away and walk a while to get to the building.

green1 June 13, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My grandmother was in the alzheimer unit in the Sinking Spring Manor Care from 2005-2006. I always thought the staff were very friendly and caring, my grandmother, always told me otherwise. It was little things at first, when she told me they were taking her things or that they were abusive to her. I honestly believed she was imagining these things. Shortly after these reports she made to me, my grandmother apparently slipped in the bathroom and broke her hip? Strange considering she was always supervised to the bathroom. She died in that facility. I will never forget that we went to visit her one day and when we entered her room, there was blood coming out of her mouth and she was obviously deceased. The staff had know idea apparently and told us to leave. I will never recommend or utilize any of the Manor Care facilities ever again.

About Manor Care Health Services

Manor Care Health Services is a nursing home in Reno, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care Health Services for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manor Care Health Services

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manor Care Health Services