Life Care Center of Reno | Nursing Home

445 W. HOLCOMB LANE, Reno, NV, 89511

Reviews of Life Care Center of Reno | Nursing Home

happy dad October 21, 2014

My dad just had hip surgery and went to life care of Reno. We were so happy with his therapy. They got him up and going and back home in 2 weeks. The nurses and aids were so nice and always helpful. The facility is beautiful. I'd recommend them to anyone.

faith63 October 17, 2014

When I admitted my mother into Life Care Center of Reno she was dying of liver cancer, she was in so much pain. The nurses and CNA's were so good to her. They kept her pain under control and her comfortable until she passed 3 months later. Looking back, my mother was able to make her transition with the dignity and pride that she so deserved. I know that I did everything I could to ensure she was taken care of properly and want to thank Life Care Center of Reno for allowing her and her family to be part of their family in our time of need.

mamabear51 October 16, 2014

Best facility in this area for sure!!!!! Believe me when I tell you I have had experience with all 7 skilled nursing facilities in the Reno-Sparks area and this one shows a true caring for their patients and staff. The physicians that round at Life Care are compassionate, kind and caring also. My aunt was there after a stroke. We had our doubts that she would ever rehab enough to go home with little or no help. The physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy are above and beyond anything I could have imagined. My aunt did go home with a personal care service attending to her needs during the day. We are thrilled with the outcome. I DO RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY.

Sunoamomma October 06, 2014

My 87yr mother in law went to Life Care Reno after a hip replacement she was there 2 days then we took her out of there. She takes a water pill every morning for blood pressure and needs to urinate several times the first couple hours of taking it. She used her call light for help getting up to the toilet and waited 25 min then her room mate helped her get up to pee another 15 min before anyone came to help her. I complained to the nursing supervisor and she told us " Do not get up alone again if no one comes, just pee in the bed and someone would clean her after" I said she is getting out today!!!! At 87yrs old she is NOT incontinent and was insulted that she was told to "just pee in the bed" then just lay in her own urine until someone could help her!!! How is that helpful for a clean safe recovery from a hip replacement??? NO DO NOT TAKE A LOVED ONE HERE. If I had seen this we would have NEVER taken her there for Rehab. I can not give a lower star than one as it will not let me.

Abhey August 24, 2014

Will not recommend this facility to anyone. My mother nearly died there. The staff showed no initiative or care. We had to call 911 and get her out of there. Disgusted.

bullymenot December 05, 2013

understaffed. employees overtired. working too long of hours. No compassion left for patients. Patients will left in soiled linen for hours until they can get to them. Regret having my family their. Grateful to have them moved to a better facility.

JudR March 29, 2013

My son has cerebral palsy and he is in Life Care Center right now, but he's not in there permanently because we are still looking for a nursing home. The place is very nice and the staff is wonderful. His room is very nice, it is very roomy, and has windows for him to look out. He has some DVDs and a TV in there too. They have all kinds of activities and therapies, different things to do, and different people for him to visit. What I like best about this community is that they often go out on excursions, which is good therapy for my son because he gets to visit different places and be around different people.

RenoNV February 17, 2012

I have visited Life Care of Reno many times in the three years I've lived here in town. Once I visited my mother who was there rehabbing after a surgery, and the other times were visiting friends, people from church, etc. Outwardly the facility has a very nice and clean appearance; the grounds look great, the buildings are clean, even the employees walking between the two buildings are well-kempt and friendly.The issues I have with Life Care were the urine smell that hits you in the face the moment you walk in the door (and permeates everything you wear or bring in to the facility) and the condescending nature of the attending nurses and doctors I've come in contact with. I've witnessed Dr/Nurses squabbling not only in front of me but in front of the patient/resident and their families. I heard a nurse in the hall talking about how if she's short on med she needs for her med pass, she will "borrow" from another and essentially write an IOU to remember to "repay" it. I've also been cut off mid-sentence or question several times, on various visits by different staff members. Everyone seems so hurried but I don't know where they are going.I haven't been back up there in bout six months but, I know from those experiences I will never let either of my parents be sent there again if the occasion should arise.

Bebe 1 November 17, 2011

I have visited Life Care many times in the past, as one of my neighbors was transferred there permantely after his hip replacement. Most of the nurses are very helpful and go the extra mile. The facility is very clean, meals appear to be nutrious but I also know (as my daughter works there) they do not treat their nurses right. They intimadate them on certain issues, work them to many hours on a given day and the list goes on.

About Life Care Center of Reno

Life Care Center of Reno is a nursing home in Reno, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of Reno for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Life Care Center of Reno

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Life Care Center of Reno