Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing

1001 North 500 West, Provo, UT, 84604

Reviews of Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing

November 17, 2011

By Loving Memory

The facility wasn't anything glamorous, but it did have what was needed to take care of my uncle. My uncle was a down syndrome mental retarded man. He was a very sweet man who in his mindset was about the age of three. He was the happiest, sweetest, most caring guy in the world. The staff at the facility loved my uncle because he could always bring a smile to their face even though he couldn't talk. The staff was very good at making sure that he was being fed, and they even were able to get a bracelet that told them when he got up out of bed, which was important since he would get hurt trying to get out of bed. Overall, they seemed very loving and caring of my uncle. The food didn't seem that great, but my uncle didn't seem to mind. The facilities had two persons per room; which I didn't like much. For my uncle however, it worked out okay, but I think it would have been better for him to have his own room. There were a few times that we had some serious concerns. Particularly, there was one incident where we found a massive bruise on my uncles leg. We started wondering if he was being abused. He wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it if he was. We looked into it seriously, but the staff insisted that he was just getting bruised from falling down. I don't remember what officially happened in the end, but I think some evidence we found later supported their claim. The staff would on ocassion forget to pack extra clothes and diapers when we would go to take my uncle out for a drive or take him home for the holidays. If if were to rate the staff out of 1-10, I would probably give them a 7. Their facilities really need to be updated. They need color and liveliness. It is a very "Nursing Home" Home. It looks very glum and not very uplifting, so overall I would the facility as a 4. Still I do have fond memories of going to visit my uncle there, so it can't be that bad of a place.

May 29, 2011

By Provo10

Friend or relative of resident

I've volunteered at Provo Rehab and Nursing for several years now and made friends with several patrons. In the past, this rehab center was somewhat outdated and run-down but recently they remodeled their facilities and so now the two upstairs levels are beautiful and spacious. They have a nice main room with a large flat screen television, movies, puzzles, and books. The cafeteria food seems sub-par, but the cafe room is large and clean with a piano and nice fish tanks. Local students frequently visit--especially on Sundays--and the LDS church has services at the center each Sunday for any patron that would like to attend. There are frequent activities and occasional trips to local places. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and patrons have created a warm tight-knit community, although there is large turn over due to the nature of the business.

Features of Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing

Medicare (ratings last updated: 03/01/18)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government Hospital District
  • Date Certified: 02/01/2018

About Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing

Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing is a nursing home in Provo, UT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing