Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

3460 POWDER SPRINGS ROAD, Powder Springs, GA, 30127

Reviews of Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Anonymous927 January 25, 2017

Other

BEWARE!!! The management only cares about $$$. CNAs and nurses were always short staffed and over worked. Complaints made to management regarding the need for more CNAs, but nothing ever changed. Alarms in beds and on wheelchairs go off constantly without staff checking on peoples. Oh, and the night shift is terrible. Every morning people are soaked in urine and have clearly not been given attention since the night before. urine was soaked through the diaper, through the sheets, and onto the mattress.

missglenda August 29, 2016

My dad and mom were both at this facility. Mom had dementia and had already fallen two times before she was admitted. They put an alarm on her bed, and I was there many times when the alarm was buzzing and no one came to see if she needed help. I've sat in the lunch room and watched the staff pick food off another persons tray with no gloves on their hands and carry it to someone else. I've also seen the staff, who were supposed to be serving these elderly patients, standing talking and texting on their cell phones, and even leaving the room to take a call, and leave the cart of food trays sitting there for the longest. I've also seen the kitchen staff bring the cart of food trays to the hallway to be served to the patients in the rooms, and the trays sit there for more than an hour before someone started handing them out. Food was always cold, and they could never get mom and dad's food at the same time. My dad was vomiting one day and I ran to get the nurse to help me. She handed one of the staff members a wash cloth to give me and never came to help with dad. I was there every day and watched them neglect my parents. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone who cares about their loved ones!!

L.Banks May 03, 2016

My Grandmother died a slow and painful death at the hands of this facility. When she was admitted into the facility she had slight dementia and was eating a little. We admitted her on October of 2015 by April of 2016 she was gone. We were there all of the time with her. I had several conference calls with all of the department heads. they are all ignorant to the neglect that goes on in this place. They quickly medicated my grandmother, telling us that it would help with her appetite which it didin't. She was able to go to the bathroom with help when she was first admitted, but because the staff was too lazy they forced her to where diapers. I would take her to the bathroom everytime I visited. My Grandmother was left unattended and fell out of her

CC4 December 20, 2015

I picked Powder Springs for my husband because it does have a nice Alzheimer's unit, where they actually put them in an Alzheimer's unit instead of putting a bracelet on them and mixing them with the rest of the people. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They really work hard for the people. The food seems fine.

Amyjosie July 30, 2014

I love this facility. My grandmother and my grandfather has lived here for over ten years and we hasn't had any problems. The staff is great and the nurses are very kind and friendly and caring. If there's ever a problem we are notified immediately. We can trust the staff at Powder Springs Nursing and Rehab Center.

hmkay July 30, 2013

I wish we had never stepped foot into Powder Springs Nursing and Rehab Center. I lost my sweet grandmother on June 19th and I believe she would still be with us if she hadn't been in this facility. She fell and broke her hip on May 1st and was sent to the rehab center after surgery for physical therapy. We stayed with her everyday during the daylight hours at the facility. We had a family member there everyday by 8:30 am until she went to bed every night because of the negligence in the facility. She wasn't allowed to get up by herself to go to the restroom because she had just had hip surgery and was at a great risk for falls. She had mild dementia and would forget she wasn't supposed to get up so we had them put an alarm on her bed. I was there numerous times when the alarm would go off for 10-15 minutes before anyone would come. I was hoping it was because they knew I was there but her roommate and her roommates family members said the nurses never came to help even with the alarm going off when my grandmother didn't have family there and she would always be left to go by herself. Thankfully she never fell but she did end up with c-diff. We told them for days that something was wrong and she wasn't eating well but they basically ignored us until I decided we were getting her out of there against medical advice. One of the girls in charge that day begged me not to take her out on a Saturday because it would be too much trouble for her since she didn't normally handle dismissals. We insisted we were getting our sweet grandmother out of there but before we left I noticed she had a fever so we took her to the hospital to get checked out first. They told us at the hospital she had contracted c-diff and started treatment for that but she never responded and kept going downhill. I really believe if the nursing staff at Power Springs Nursing & Rehab had really taking care of her and evaluating her then she would have been treated earlier for the c-diff and there would be a good chance she would still be with us today. I would never ever consider putting a loved one here.

About Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Powder Springs, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: