Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Overview of Ratings

3.1

December 20, 2015

By CC4

I picked Powder Springs for my husband because it does have a nice Alzheimer's unit, where they actually put them in an Alzheimer's unit instead of putting a bracelet on them and mixing them with the rest of the people. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They really work hard for the people. The food seems fine.

July 30, 2014

By Amyjosie

I love this facility. My grandmother and my grandfather has lived here for over ten years and we hasn't had any problems. The staff is great and the nurses are very kind and friendly and caring. If there's ever a problem we are notified immediately. We can trust the staff at Powder Springs Nursing and Rehab Center.

July 30, 2013

By hmkay

I wish we had never stepped foot into Powder Springs Nursing and Rehab Center. I lost my sweet grandmother on June 19th and I believe she would still be with us if she hadn't been in this facility. She fell and broke her hip on May 1st and was sent to the rehab center after surgery for physical therapy. We stayed with her everyday during the daylight hours at the facility. We had a family member there everyday by 8:30 am until she went to bed every night because of the negligence in the facility. She wasn't allowed to get up by herself to go to the restroom because she had just had hip surgery and was at a great risk for falls. She had mild dementia and would forget she wasn't supposed to get up so we had them put an alarm on her bed. I was there numerous times when the alarm would go off for 10-15 minutes before anyone would come. I was hoping it was because they knew I was there but her roommate and her roommates family members said the nurses never came to help even with the alarm going off when my grandmother didn't have family there and she would always be left to go by herself. Thankfully she never fell but she did end up with c-diff. We told them for days that something was wrong and she wasn't eating well but they basically ignored us until I decided we were getting her out of there against medical advice. One of the girls in charge that day begged me not to take her out on a Saturday because it would be too much trouble for her since she didn't normally handle dismissals. We insisted we were getting our sweet grandmother out of there but before we left I noticed she had a fever so we took her to the hospital to get checked out first. They told us at the hospital she had contracted c-diff and started treatment for that but she never responded and kept going downhill. I really believe if the nursing staff at Power Springs Nursing & Rehab had really taking care of her and evaluating her then she would have been treated earlier for the c-diff and there would be a good chance she would still be with us today. I would never ever consider putting a loved one here.

Features of Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center

Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Powder Springs, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Powder Springs Nursing & Rehab Center