Martha and Mary Health Service

19160 FRONT STREET NORTHEAST, Poulsbo, WA, 98370

Reviews of Martha and Mary Health Service

Anna Michelle February 29, 2012

We chose to have my grandfather move into Martha and Mary after researching other nursing homes in our area (The Kitsap Peninsula). Eventually, we chose to move him to Martha and Mary because overall, they seemed like the best choice. Martha and Mary not only has an excellent staff to resident ratio on all wings of their building, but they also have a lot of extra activities within the facility, as well as activities scheduled within the community of Poulsbo. For example, my grandfather enjoyed creating flower bouquets with the on-site full time Horticultural Therapist. A local farmer who grew gigantic lovely dahlias would stop by once a week during the summer and drop off buckets of these flowers for the residents at the facility to enjoy. This is just one small example of the extras that Martha and Mary offer. Nothing stood out as terrible at Martha and Mary. The staff was friendly and attentive to my grandfather. I recommend this facility if you have to consider one.

Springgreen June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Overall, we have had a pretty good experience with this living facility. My great-grandmother is currently living there. While she does have some memory issues associated old-age, the employees here do a great job helping her and being accommodating. Overall, the employees are very friendly. In terms of training, I'm not familiar enough with assisted living facilities to know about this, but we have never had any problems with any of the staff in terms of health care or treatment. My great-grandmother loves to read, and they provide plenty of large print books for her to look at. She enjoys the food, which is good, though it seems about average to me. The other residents are nice and friendly, but there is also a lot of privacy in each room so depending on the visit I either interact with a lot of residents or none of them. This is great for my great-grandmother because depending on her mood sometimes she wants to be alone, other times she wants to talk to people. Overall, we've really enjoyed this facility and would recommend it to others. In terms of affordability, this place seems to be slightly more expensive, but it is a really nice facility, has kind of a "cottage" style look to it too, and it is in a nice area of Washington State. This area is far away from an urban center, but we live nearby so it works well for us. I would recommend it just based on our experience with it.

michellepo22 June 08, 2010

Outstanding Staff

The employees at Martha & Mary Health Services are always ready to lend a helping hand with a smile on their face. You couldn't ask for better service.

About Martha and Mary Health Service

Martha and Mary Health Service is a nursing home in Poulsbo, WA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Martha and Mary Health Service for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Martha and Mary Health Service

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Martha and Mary Health Service