Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

25325 RAMPART BLVD, Port Charlotte, FL, 33948

Reviews of Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Suzymobile April 29, 2017

My husband went through alcohol detox at a local hospital, but had lost so much cognitive and muscular ability that he needed physical rehab in order to learn how to walk again. Not only did he have physical rehab needs, but we were preparing for future alcohol rehab. When I learned that I needed to choose a rehab facility for him, I didn't know where to turn. My first instinct was the wrong one: find a place closest to home and to the hospital, one that promised that he could order takeout food if he didn’t like their menu. Funny what your criteria become when you’re under stress. Luckily, his hospital roommate’s wife and I had unburdened to each other, and she knew more about the local rehab scene than I. She recommended Port Charlotte Rehab, which she said had been recommended to her by many others. I made in-person visits to two facilities, realizing that you never really know. But one thing I understood was that it would be important for him to have smoke breaks. Cutting out one bad habit was going to be hard enough; I didn’t want him undermined by having all his freedoms curtailed. The staff I spoke with at PC Rehab were strong, reasonable, clear about the rules, and it just seemed right. My husband isn’t the easiest of people to please, but he was pleased and impressed with all the physical therapists, cafeteria staff, smoke-break monitors, and nurses. Needless to say, I was on edge, but the staff at PC Rehab, from day one, were upbeat and supportive, and suggested that I be the same if he was going to succeed. There were as few restrictions on patients as possible. He was able to basically spend weekends with me, take as many smoke breaks as he wanted, find foods on the menu that pleased him, even make friends among his smoking buddies. He was there for a month, pushed himself hard to walk farther and stronger than they asked or expected. He was determined to walk again, and not to drink. As it turned out, alcohol rehab wasn’t in the cards, as it wasn’t covered by our insurance, but with his strong start at PC Rehab, he’s still sober eight months later, walking perfectly well, and not only back to his old activities, but 100 percent better than he was before.

M. Sharp April 08, 2017

My mother was a resident multiple times for recurrent kidney infections which left her very weak and confused. My hats off to the PC Rehab for their encouragement and hard work to make it possible for me to take her va k home again and again. Getting her to drink enough fluids is the battle. The staff are very friendly and treat her like family each time she comes in. They are very patient with her.

J.Kouyoumgian March 22, 2017

The nursing care was excellent! My husband has been here for a year- I have experienced the nursing care on his end to be excellent. Now that I have come to Pt. Charlotte Rehab, I have experienced the Nursing and Rehab services myself and found it to be even better. I never felt neglected. They were always there to help me. The therapists pushed me when they needed to, but never too much that I didn't feel that I accomplished something at every session. The food was great too! I would highly recommend Port Charlotte Rehab to anyone who needs it!

Sparklingone February 12, 2017

There is a shortage of nurses no matter where you go in Florida. This place is no exception. It takes them forever and a day to answer after you press the call button. It's very important for family to visit the patient everyday to keep on top of things.

Senior Lady February 04, 2017

I was suppose to be there for two weeks to recuperate from surgery but requested discharge after 6 days. There are some great nurses/CNA,'s, other staff, however night shift nurses/CNA's did little to take care of me. I needed assistance to the bathroom and I needed ice changed out on the foot. I did not receive the care on the late night shift and had to constantly set my phone to wake me every two hours. I am 71. This is not what I expected. One night, I received no dinner. My cast had to be redone in the Dr.'s office after being soaked at night when ice bags leaked. Transported to Dr. to change cast. I requested discharge asap. Occupation Therapy did home visit the next day. I got out yesterday. Glad to be home and to get some rest. Unfortunately, NIGHT TIME COMES and you are left to deal with it. It was frightening to fear you were going to fall getting into a wheelchair to get in the bathroom alone because they would not answer call bell. Beautiful yes, nice staff yes, but don't hang around for the late shift. I am happy to be out of there. c

Aussiemom November 24, 2016

My mother was here last year for Rehab. She could not have received better care and attention. I was able to eat with her in their bistro and found the food delicious. There were many spots for us to visit outside of her private room like the library or one of their many courtyards and lounges. Therapy had my mom up and walking and she was getting stronger everyday from their state of the art therapy equipment. Their therapy pools were impressive. You could not ask for a better place to choose for your loved one to receive nursing and therapy care.

Dbeck November 17, 2016

My mother was there and passed in March she was there for three or four years had excellent care they treated her like family was very sympathetic to her needs I would recommend this facility to all of your friends and family.

Kldavis13 November 17, 2016

After a lengthy illness and status post open heart surgery, I was abrehensive about having to go to a rehabilitation center. I was happy I chose Port Charlotte Rehab as I received the best care possible from everyone at the facility. They treated me like family and always went the extra mile to make my stay at the facility comfortable.

joer0194 February 26, 2015

I was an inpatient for one month. No complaints. Very good experience. OUTPATIENT THERAPY IS A DIFFERENT STORY. The authorization process is rocky. NEEDS ATTENTION. Care itself is exceptional but omething is wrong in approval process between facility and my ins cp FLBLUE HMO.

Pizzoferrato December 04, 2014

My mother received excellent care. She recently passed away. She was a resident for over a year.

Louhi1 December 10, 2011

The nurses seemed to be busy all the time, but apprarently there are not enough of them. Patients lay in their wet/dirty diapers until the smell is so bad, there is not a chose but to bring it to their attention. The patients are only checked upon when they call the nurses station or if it is medication time or meal time. There are a number of patients that are already able to get around by themselves and are ready to go home. Patients are accually there and are not allowed to leave the facility for a home visit or just a day outting. It seems they are prisioners of this facility. I would not recommend this facility for patient care. They do have a good rehabilitation program, however, but should be used on an out patient basis.

About Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Port Charlotte, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Port Charlotte Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: