Claremont Care Center

219 E. FOOTHILL BLVD, Pomona, CA, 91768

Reviews of Claremont Care Center

October 16, 2016

By Emily.M

I really love this place. The staff is so friendly and caring about all the residents and family members. There are many activities for the residents, and the patio is beautiful. Everything is well kept.

March 26, 2016

By Shoppin2do

I do not recommend this facility to anyone. The staff is very slow to respond to patients needs and the overwhelming smell of pee and poo as you walk down the hallway was disgusting. My mom was placed there for rehabilitation purposes. She relapsed as soon as she was discharged from Claremont Care. We took her back to the hospital and this time she was placed at Country Oaks Rehab Center in Pomona. Now we know the difference between a good rehab center versus a bad rehab center such as Claremont Care. The staff/nurses at Country Oaks are responsive to her needs and seem to care about the patients. Much better experience.

April 28, 2015

By SixPointyEnds

I was currently in the market for a good and safe rest home to put my 85 year old grandmother in because no one in the family could take care for her. I was at a previous rest home and the gentleman at the previous rest home showed me the entire facility, and going in detail of what the faculty has to offer and going over the facilities core values. And mind you in took about an hour. Once I entered through Claremont Care Centers glass door, I was greeted and I was given a brief tour of the physical therapy room and the room my grandmother was going to stay in and that's it. The tour at CCC was so quick that it only took about 3 minutes, 5 minutes tops. After the tour I felt as if I got a foot in the rear and was handed a brochure. Mind you I've had plenty of experience working in and out of rest homes, I worked for 3 years as an EMT for a private ambulance company, and CCC was in my opinion a bad choice for those who don't care about their loved ones, STAY AWAY.

October 03, 2013

By Mlovesd

My mother-in-law was in there for 3.5 months. She went in to get stronger after a UTI. While she was there it was warm, had an aroma which made it hard to visit, she had c-diff 4 separate times and very little rehab for strength. We had to be very vocal in order for them to treat the c-diff aggressive enough for it to not return. The first chance the samples came back we took her out of there. Before she went in there she would walk around the house with no walker or any assistance. When we finally got her out of there she was not even able to get up on her own. When she was lifted up, she had no idea what to do with her legs and could bare no weight on her feet when she did get the flat on the ground. She now needs full time assistance and a full time walker. The staff had lost the majority of her clothes, when it was the family who was doing laundry. They had her dressed in someone else's clothes many of the times we went and sometimes she had no bottoms on at all, only a shirt. The staff for the most part had no idea what was going on and was just there for what seems to get a paycheck. I can't understand why anyone would have a loved one there. They were lousy!

January 31, 2013

By Diana C

I am a patient here for the third time due to various leg surgeries. I have progressed so much in the last month. I am now walking, climbing stairs, transferring to a regular chair, and to the car. I have spent 3 years in a wheelchair. I truly believe my vast improvement is due to the staff in general. I find all to be encouraging, caring, helpful, and knowledgeable. I came back this time due to above reasons. I have recommended Claremont Care Center to others due my satisfaction. I have been in other facilities and did not like them.

November 27, 2012

By myka

THIS IS A WONDERFUL FACILITY. My father was in this center and the staffs were very diligent. They went above and beyond to take care of my dad. One of the things I remembered were the staff constantly checking on him. Making sure that my dad was comfortable. When I saw my dad smile during the time he was there that told us that the staff were doing something right. It was such a blessing for us to see him happy even under those difficult circumstances. It made all of us feel really good. From that moment on we knew this was the perfect place for my dad to spend his last days. Our families were very happy with the care they provided. They were exceptionally kind and caring and very sensitive to all his needs. We were all comfortable with this facility because the management and staff made it feel like home and the whole experience was memorable. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

November 20, 2012

By gcarolla

After my mother had surgery at Pomona Valley Hospital she needed a place to recover and receive physical therapy. We toured first and were unimpressed but reassured when the admissions person told us that it is a quiet and "homey" environment. This did not turn out to be the case. Once my mother was admitted to Claremont Care Center the customer service ended immediately. They were constantly under staffed and the staff they did had spent more time chatting with each other rather than answering call lights. When we would see someone to ask for help, they were either going home or not the right nurse for our room. The Administrator would talk a good game but she would never follow through with her empty promises. The therapy was adequate nut the service and nursing was horrible. I would not recommend this as a short or long term nursing home. There are several others in the Pomona area, we eventually moved my mother out of that facility after 5 days.

October 10, 2012

By i2thebeach

My mother is currently here. People are for the most part understanding and seem concerned/interested when we ( the family ) talk to them. My mother and her room mate have the same complaints . Medication is not given on time. They are supposed to be changed (pads for incontenence ) every 2 hours . I have been there numerous times 4 hrs at a time and not once was she checked. The night help is BAD that seems to be when she is left without attention. She asks for a pill and everyone says orbit nothing is done. Last time she went 1.5 hr. before finally getting a pill. I will ask tomorrow who we file a complaint with. The physical therapists are very good - absolutely NO complaints there

Features of Claremont Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall:

About Claremont Care Center

Claremont Care Center is a nursing home in Pomona, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Claremont Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Claremont Care Center