The Legacy at Willow Bend | Nursing Home

6101 Ohio Drive, Plano, TX, 75024

Reviews of The Legacy at Willow Bend | Nursing Home

nancyb257 October 31, 2014

My mother just recently left this facility. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and our experience. The staff were very helpful and the therapy was excellent. I do believe that she left doing better than she was before she went in to the hospital who sent her there. We feel very blessed to find the facility. The Social Worker was wonderful and help set up things for her when she went home. She has even chosen to go back to them for her out patient therapy. If you are looking for a great place to go through rehabilitation after therapy, check them out.

lcarlton83 August 11, 2014

We had a horrible experience at that facility. Such a pretty place but horrible care. I have never witnessed such cold and mean spirited staff. We were afraid to leave my mom alone here. Please look for someplace that has kind, engaged staff. So sad that it looks good which lures people in.

dixiedog March 03, 2014

Don't judge it by the beauty of the building. My mother lives there now. So many things have happened there I won't have enough space to list them all. The most important thing is that the medication person made a mistake and no staff member knew about it until a resident questioned it. Then we got a call from the nurse with the news that our mother had been affected by it. Really, no checks in place for medications? Mom is still there so and we feel she is not able to move at this time, so I won't say more for fear of repercussion against her. By the way, they allow some caregivers to work 16 hour shifts back to back. All I can say is don't put a loved one in that place.

bRODY250 August 22, 2012

The facility is very clean. I think for the needs of our loved one it is very nice . Some of the staff always have a warm greeting where they need to have others learn from Peggy. Net, Tara . They are super CNA 'S .

grandmother of six August 11, 2012

I had a step-father in this facility Spring/Summer 2010. Since that date, I have had much difficulty getting necessary forms signed for the VA. First time took several months and the second time took 5 months. Because it took so long the second time, my step-father has been denied VA benefits. I asked Legacy if they would give me a letter stating the length of time it took to get my form signed was out of my control so I can appeal the VA denial and Legacy refuses to help me. I would avoid this place if you are going to need signed documents.

commercesd June 14, 2012

While in the area, we happened upon The Legacy at Willow Bend. We had been visiting some other facilities around the region as options for my brother's friend.

We were glad and impressed that we didn't need an appointment to take a tour of the facility. The staff was welcoming and seemed to really like their jobs. That's really important to the family.

The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available.

The indoors were impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. The film collection looked interesting - and they have their own movie theater - sometimes venturing into town to see foreign and independent films, experience theater, dance and other cultural events.

We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines and a pool. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested and personal trainers.

The private living spaces were really nice - fresh, clean, airy and nicely decorated. The food in the dining room was extremely well prepared - the smells were terrific and it was clear that the residents were really enjoying their meals.

This is a wonderful community that is designed in an upscale fashion, where every resident is very well cared for.

Caring509634 March 31, 2012

My mother went there for rehabilitaion after a mild stroke. They started her on a regimen of strong psychotropic drugs which caused severe behavior issues and physical side effects. She suffered two falls there because the drugs made her dizzy and she was left alone on the toilet. The director of nursing and the staff were more concerned with their own social activities than caring for the patients. Diabetic dietary instructions were ignored and the food was awful. Toilet assistance was sporadic at best. I once found a dirty adult diaper in the drawer with my mother's clothes. She developed a huge bedsore from being left in wet diapers all day. The facility is modern and attractive, but the care is horrible.

Myriam Delhy November 17, 2011

every day there is a program. It is clean Nice Open smells good a gym a pool therapy

Kay Paggi August 20, 2011

The Legacy is a beautiful, gorgeous!, new community in Plano just minutes from the Dallas North Tollway. This elegant, gated community sits on 28 acres. It is a CCRC with independent, assisted living, memory care and health care/rehab. Assisted living apartments can be leased on a monthly basis. The assisted living area has 40 apartments on 2 floors, both 1 and 2 bedroom units. Each has a small kitchenette and large closets. Living here is similar to living in a boutique hotel; a large staff tries to meet the individual needs of each resident. There is a movie theater, pool and gym, and exercise class 7 days a week. An LVN is on duty 24/7. Activities here are age-appropriate and 'sophisticated'. The food is spectacular. There is a large Jewish population, and Jewish, as well as Christian, tradition and holidays are observed. Each resident has a pendant that has an GPC tracking device; they can activate this for assistance wherever they are in the community. There is a dog park and grounds for walking. Every resident has a personal trainer, if desired, included in the fee.

About The Legacy at Willow Bend

The Legacy at Willow Bend is a nursing home in Plano, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Legacy at Willow Bend for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Legacy at Willow Bend

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of The Legacy at Willow Bend