Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Reviews of Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

4.090909090909091 11
Average Rating:
Video Evidence August 04, 2014

We put mom there to rehab after surgery. We placed a camera in the room, which by the way I suggest you alway do this for the safety of your loved one. Three days into her stay we are reviewing the video. We watch as someone comes into the room with a clipboard in her hand. Mom is not in the room. This person looks behind her, then opens up the closet where mom's belongings are stored. She is seen removing something the is soon revealed to be mom's wallet. She begins rifling through the wallet, dropping change in her search for cash and cards. We had of course removed any valuables from the purse before putting it into the room. This person takes the purse and puts in back in the closet as she is constantly checking behind her. We then see this same woman come into the room about 20 minutes later and conducts a survey with mom, as if nothing has happened. Turns out this horrible person is a DIRECTOR level person at Prestonwood Rehab. The facility is notified of what took place. They seemed horrified, and told us that they would address the issue and our identity would be confidential. The next day we came to the room and there was a sign on the door reading "THIS ROOM IS UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE" . So much for the confidentiality. Then began a process by Prestonwood to remove Mom from their facility. Within a week, all of a sudden they have done all they can for mom. She was no where near ready to go. We moved her out to a REAL Rehab facility, and she was there for another week, before being able to return home. This facility may be beautiful, but it's staff is not competent, and we know they will steal then get rid of the victim as fast as possible. Stay away from this place for Rehab. Go to a Real Rehab facility such as Baylor etc.

We are so grateful that this customer brought the issue to our attention. It helped us protect our other residents by alerting us to the specific employee's actions. The information allowed us to deal with the employee appropriately and we appreciate it.

We also reported the incident to our State Regulators (DADS). They came to the facility and did their own investigation. They determined that the incident did occur and that the facility was not at fault, but took appropriate measures when the incident was brought to the facility's attention. Our regulators require that a sign be posted outside the resident' s room when we become aware of surveillance. We complied.

Thank you again for helping us ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and their belongings.

Carol78700250 February 28, 2014

Overall, we have been very pleased with Prestonwood Rehab and Nursing Center. When you go in, they do have a plaque that says 2013 Best Nursing Home and that really adds up a plus to the people being there. One of their occupational therapist is amazing. She is very cheerful and sweet. They have a private room, but my grandma has a roommate and that has actually been really good for her. My grandma said she likes the food. They have a lot of food options.

TheGrouch June 05, 2013

I was a patient at Prestonwood Rehab for the past five weeks and I wanted to thank the staff for taking such good care of me. Dealing with your nurses was a special treat. They were all professional, but also very pleasant and easy to get along with. Thank you to all, very sincerely. It is not easy to be away from home but your staff made it more pleasant. Sincerely O.B. in Dallas, TX

GalefromPlano March 19, 2013

During my mother's 1 week + stay, her nurse Lydia always kept us informed, gave the best care and treated my mom and family with utmost care and respect. The world would be a much better place if there were more people like Lydia. My husband and I, along with family spent from very early morning til as late as 2am there so we witnessed their efforts first hand.

J C FISHBECK November 09, 2012

I visited my mother for two weeks in July, 2012 while she was housed at Prestonwood. Initially i was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, then with the people I came into contact with. My initial meeting with the administrators and department head for physical therapy, Donna, I learned the objectives for my mother's rehab during her stay. I then became acquainted with the two primary physical and occupational therapists, Celeste and Karen who both instrumental in motivating mother to work diligently toward recovery from her hip socket fractures. I also became acquainted with the attendants who responded to mother's needs during her stay. I will likely leave someone out, but recall Doreen, Sierra, Geoffrey and others were both pleasantly helpful and attentive. The only shortcoming I observed was at lunch time, the residents would be brought to the dining hall shortly before 12 noon. during my visits there, the residents often sat for 30 to 40 minutes before being served. perhaps there is a logical reason for the long delay - special diets for some, whatever. It seems this is one area that could be fine tuned. Mother was discharged on Sept. 5th, 2012, a bit earlier than expected. I credit her therapists and those who attended to her for encouraging her to work hard, gain strength and be more self sufficient. (Couldn't get the rating stars to remain - you all get a 4 star rating).

John Adam June 08, 2012

The care given my Father is exceptional. The staff is friendly, caring and professional. I'm proud to have my Father in Prestonwood.

About Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is a nursing home in Plano, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center