Accel at Willow Bend

2620 Communications Parkway, Plano, TX, 75093

Reviews of Accel at Willow Bend

Sorely Disappointed August 23, 2016

In the last two years I have had two older friends at Accel at Willowbend, each at two different times. In each instance the physical therapy has been great. I wish I could report the same for the general care / nursing and aids. In the first visit, we were greeted by a lovely lady proclaiming that each morning she would come in and make sure the patients are up, the room has been cleaned and they are happy. I'm not sure if that gal exited her position there or if the policy changed on day two because she was never seen again. Although the care seems adequate during the day, Monday through Friday, the night and weekend staff are lazy and rude and sometimes down right mean. People are left unassisted even when the call buttons were pushed. Each time my friends have been admitted the experience seems to be worse. Medications are not dispensed in a timely manner (according to Dr's. orders), patients are simply left in the hallway to make their own way back to their room after therapy and the attitudes of the staff seem to be worse than ever. Although the facility is pleasing to the eye, it is my opinion that they are simply putting lipstick on a pig. I am well aware that serving the public and older individuals is not an easy task. I am also aware that there are many more patients than staff but what they fail to remember is that they are dealing with individuals that may be in pain, scared and at the very minimum, there for rehab and assistance. A boost in the workers attitude would go a long way as well as communication and follow up. The patients should be able to feel dignified and not a bother.

Looking for better options November 23, 2015

My mother spent 2 1/2 weeks at the facility following hip replacement. 1) The administration was some of the worst I have ever seen. The "initial consultation" was scheduled two weeks into her 2 1/2 week stay and only reluctantly moved. I did not receive a single returned phone call the entire time my Mom was there. I had to track people down in the hallway in order to get updates. 2) The night staff was unskilled and (sometimes) mean. They did not use a belt when lifting the patient. They insisted that her clothes be changed even though I had just helped her put on clean clothes. They took her clothing against her wishes. They woke her every morning at 5am to give her an antacid. Most of the time the person administering the medication could not explain what the 5am pill was for - very disturbing for someone who is disoriented from surgery and in a strange environment. 3) Staffing is not gender-friendly. Male staff is assigned to help female patients with very personal services. 4) Check in early.....With the delays from the hospital, we did not arrive until the day-staff was off duty. No bedside commode was available. She was put in a diaper and told to use that. When she did not get help in time to use the toilet, she was told she would have to wait with a soiled diaper until the staff person had "more time". 5) In fairness, the physical and occupational therapy was provided M-F and the staff was excellent. They found a good balance between tough and caring. Only reason for the second star. I still would not go back.

Caring107152150 October 29, 2015

Accel at Willow Bend was a beautiful facility. It was a brand new place. The rooms were very pretty. The occupational and physical therapy were very good. Communication is not always the best. They would call me when mom had a fall or something happened. However, I think they could do better. I think they could have communicated better with the family about what they were doing with the patient. But overall, the staff was very nice. Each resident has their own room. I had also sat and watched my mom eat. The food I saw was good. They had a good variety of healthier food. They had snacks if the residents were hungry. The family could bring food in. They had an activity room, a courtyard, and little living rooms. The staff tries to do something every week to indulge the residents. To be honest, I did not like it when I first put my mom in there but I have grown to like it.

Caring113011050 September 18, 2015

I am currently at Accel at Willow Bend. The staff is very friendly and caring. The rooms are large and adequate. The dining room is fine. The food is institutional. It's not gourmet food, but good. They do have different activities like bingo, informative lectures, and Wii activities, and televisions are provided in the lobby.

About Accel at Willow Bend

Accel at Willow Bend is a nursing home in Plano, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Accel at Willow Bend for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Accel at Willow Bend

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: