Central Island Healthcare

825 OLD COUNTRY RD, Plainview, NY, 11803

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Central Island Healthcare

David Said October 30, 2016

the facility is updating their facility and the staff and Care here is second to none. Your loved one will receive the same care my dad did.

shoena May 23, 2015

My father spent 2 months at central island after a toe amputation. I had never had to look into rehab for anyone and hoped I was making the right choice for his care. I have to say that I now know I did. The nursing staff, aids, and therapists are great. The therapists really knew how to push him to get him to do what he needed to recovery, The aids really work hard and took great care of him, as far as bathing, getting dressed, etc. They all played a big part in my fathers recovery. He was not the most cooperative when he arrived and by the time he left had made a great improvement along with new friendships. The office staff was also very helpful with anything i needed to discuss with regard to insurance or anything else. The facility is kept very clean. If i ever need to have someone go to rehab i know i will without a doubt send them to Central Island, i know they will get the care they need.

Debbie109916350 April 25, 2015

Central Island is pretty clean. The staff is OK. Parking is terrible. They have valet parking for you, so that helps, but you can never just go there and park yourself. I think the food is OK. It looks OK. My father eats it. They have a lot of activities. They play bingo all the time, and they also take them on trips once a month. The only problem I have with them is if I call them, they do not seem to answer the phone.

mrsolander December 17, 2014

my grandmother stayed in this facility. the nurses sent her home with terrible bed sores without letting us know. they should have never sent her home with them with out us letting her know because now she can barely move. it is my impression that they never told us just to get her out of the facility, as we had just began to appeal her date of release and were considering legal action. in addition, the aid never had her file when they held meetings and wrote everything down on small scraps of paper.

Reba A December 14, 2014

Wow! What an experience. We didn't know what to expect when we sent our mother there, but I truly don't believe that she could have have a better short term rehabilitation stay anywhere. The staff we're so compassionate and the rehabilitation department are true experienced professionals who know exactly what they are doing. They clearly explained to us our goals when she first got there, and day by day they worked to get to that point. after 3 weeks, Mom went home on her own strength, and is thriving at home. Thank you to all the staff who work at this facility. I would recommend it to anybody.

visit before hand October 31, 2014

Before you select this place for recovery and rehab visit first Just because its across the street from the hospital, know that it is NOT affiliated with the hospital. Upon arriving here with my relative who had a hip replacement, the atmosphere was depressing. It was sad to see elderly pp in their wheel chairs just hanging out and no one answering them. One man wanted to go into his room and was just ignored. My relative was here for a week and like the other person wrote. My relative also experienced diahrea, could not eat and his white blood cells went up. Thank JAH he did not have C-diff but did have a touch of pneumonia. The attitude of some of the staff was unprofessional. They did not know how to move my relative out the wheelchair and put my relative in the bed. So that asked us to wait outside the room. I told them no. And then the nurse said she needed to go get someone to move my family member in the bed. My relative said the thereapy was great. I must add this. They put my relative in a room with two other people upon arrival. Four television in a room and no personal speakers. How is anyone someone supposed to hear the program they are watching. PRAY AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ON YOUR FAMILY MEMBER EVERDAY NO MATTER WHERE YOU MAY PLACE THEM FOR RECOVERY OR LONG TERM CARE. IF YOU FIND A PLACE WITH 24HR VISITING HOURS. MAKE SURE THEIR VITALS ARE CHECKED EVERYDAY.

Lovesmom July 08, 2013

I would give them less stars if I could. My mom developed diarrhea and a fever. The aids knew, as she can not go to the bathroom on her own, but never communicated this information up to the nursing staff. My mom ended up in the hospital with a white blood cell count in the critical range due to C diff. I am grateful to the hospital staff for saving her. As a person not in the healthcare field I feel that they should have picked up on the fact that she was ill instead of me going to them repeatedly to get her care.

Mpete23 October 29, 2012

This nursing home unlike others stood out because of their great staff. The staff were always friendly and willing to do almost anything to ensure their residents have a comfortable stay. Also what made the staff so great was how quickly they came when you needed assistance. An instance when this was true was my most recent trip there to visit my father. I had just got there and my father wanted to go out to the court yard for some fresh air but needed assistance getting from the bed to his wheelchair. I'd say not even three minutes had passed from when he hit the assistance button to when they had him in his chair. This facility would definitely get the highest grade possible for their staff and the fact that they also had a rehab facility on site with weights and other workout equipment to help my father in his recovery process. In conclusion I would recommend this nursing home to anyone because of how they make your stay as pleasant as possible.

About Central Island Healthcare

Central Island Healthcare is a nursing home in Plainview, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Central Island Healthcare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Central Island Healthcare

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335284
  • Resident Capacity 202
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Central Island Healthcare