Central Island Healthcare

825 OLD COUNTRY RD, Plainview, NY, 11803

Reviews of Central Island Healthcare

visit before hand October 31, 2014

Before you select this place for recovery and rehab visit first Just because its across the street from the hospital, know that it is NOT affiliated with the hospital. Upon arriving here with my relative who had a hip replacement, the atmosphere was depressing. It was sad to see elderly pp in their wheel chairs just hanging out and no one answering them. One man wanted to go into his room and was just ignored. My relative was here for a week and like the other person wrote. My relative also experienced diahrea, could not eat and his white blood cells went up. Thank JAH he did not have C-diff but did have a touch of pneumonia. The attitude of some of the staff was unprofessional. They did not know how to move my relative out the wheelchair and put my relative in the bed. So that asked us to wait outside the room. I told them no. And then the nurse said she needed to go get someone to move my family member in the bed. My relative said the thereapy was great. I must add this. They put my relative in a room with two other people upon arrival. Four television in a room and no personal speakers. How is anyone someone supposed to hear the program they are watching. PRAY AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ON YOUR FAMILY MEMBER EVERDAY NO MATTER WHERE YOU MAY PLACE THEM FOR RECOVERY OR LONG TERM CARE. IF YOU FIND A PLACE WITH 24HR VISITING HOURS. MAKE SURE THEIR VITALS ARE CHECKED EVERYDAY.

Lovesmom July 08, 2013

I would give them less stars if I could. My mom developed diarrhea and a fever. The aids knew, as she can not go to the bathroom on her own, but never communicated this information up to the nursing staff. My mom ended up in the hospital with a white blood cell count in the critical range due to C diff. I am grateful to the hospital staff for saving her. As a person not in the healthcare field I feel that they should have picked up on the fact that she was ill instead of me going to them repeatedly to get her care.

Mpete23 October 29, 2012

This nursing home unlike others stood out because of their great staff. The staff were always friendly and willing to do almost anything to ensure their residents have a comfortable stay. Also what made the staff so great was how quickly they came when you needed assistance. An instance when this was true was my most recent trip there to visit my father. I had just got there and my father wanted to go out to the court yard for some fresh air but needed assistance getting from the bed to his wheelchair. I'd say not even three minutes had passed from when he hit the assistance button to when they had him in his chair. This facility would definitely get the highest grade possible for their staff and the fact that they also had a rehab facility on site with weights and other workout equipment to help my father in his recovery process. In conclusion I would recommend this nursing home to anyone because of how they make your stay as pleasant as possible.

About Central Island Healthcare

Central Island Healthcare is a nursing home in Plainview, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Central Island Healthcare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Central Island Healthcare

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Central Island Healthcare