Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

14718 S EASTERN AVENUE, Plainfield, IL, 60544

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

kemcolleen September 29, 2014

My father was at Lakewood after he broke his hip, he also had dementia. The place was clean but I was not happy with the car he had. Many times we went in a he was sitting is his room with his food tray just sitting in the room and no one was helping him. Many times we went and they had not even gotten him out of bed. He was suppose to be there for therapy so I asked if I could watch a therapy session. It lasted 5 minutes. Had him lay in bed and stand up, sit down. I was not impressed at all. I never really knew who his nurse was, as they never really talked to us. Most of the workers put their heads down when they walked by you as to not have to talk.. As soon as we thought he would have to go on Medicaid all they wanted to do was kick him out of the nursing home. They were very cold about this. We moved him to Sunny Hill nursing home and could not have been happier with the care he was given. I would not recommend Lakewood nursing home.

fovittou September 24, 2014

I was a rehab patient at this facility and can tell you firsthand this place is a dump. The furniture in the patient rooms are older than me and I am 61. Just rundown and falling apart. The staff here was useless, on many occasions I would push my call button only to wait 30-45 minutes for a response. On some occasions noone came at all. The only redeeming value in this experience was the rehab PT and OT group did teir job and gotme back on my feet. If you are thinking of placing a loved one in this facility check it out before you do and I'm sure you'll go elsewhere.

Caring87247250 August 27, 2014

My dad was in Lakewood. They have a lot of staff, which was good. It's very clean. My mom said the food was good. They're pretty good with the people. It's just, I think, sometimes with the medications, they give out too many narcotics to some of the patients. I would not give the residents as many narcotics as they do because they're at more of a fall risk, and my dad did fall five times there. So luckily he didn't fracture anything. That's the only thing I didn't like about the place.

But they had lots of activities, like exercises, ice cream socials, bingo, and they also take them out to movies, or to Walmart to shop. They do have services to take them out and about. They actually have a barbershop and a beauty shop where the ladies can get their hair done and get their nails painted. They have birds they can bird watch. When you first walk in, they have all these different birds that they can admire.

berlek1103 July 24, 2014

Am not very happy with this place. My relative has had to wait over 30 minutes at times to get a bedpan. One CNA even told me she never put a patient on a bedpan in the two years she has been a CNA. Patients call lights are on and noone can be found to help. Patients in the hall are grabbing my arm and pleading "help me". This is not how the elderly should be treated.

CConway April 18, 2013

Excellent care. Lakewood is a great place. The staff is exceptionally good at what they do. My mother was there for 18 months until the end of her terminal illness. The Lakewood staff took great care of her. I would highly recommend this facility. The staff were kind and friendly. Everyone made you feel at home. Great attention was paid to every need she had while there.

ltwarda2 July 11, 2012

My whole experience at the nursing home was wonderful. The staff was all very knowledgeable, and i was impressed with how well they worked with the residents. Some were not very cooperative with the staff. I visited around christmas and it was nice to see they had the place decorated with a tree and everything. The kitchen had a nice variety of items for residents with different diets or tastes, not just one menu for everyone. They also had a dietitian. There was a recreation room where residents could play games like bingo or watch a movie. They were playing "it's a wonderful life" when I visited. They had a piano for residents to sit down and play and sing christmas carols which i played with a woman. After talking with the staff, I learned that they had several planned outings for the month, as well as a bunch of in house activity nights with things like crafting and trivia nights.

happygurl05 September 10, 2011

Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a very visually appealing place. Upon entrance to the facility it feels a bit less institutional then other nursing homes I have been to. They have a nice courtyard area for residents and family to visit. The dining area is ample but, a bit like a cafeteria. Lakewood also features an inhouse beauty parlor with the look and feel of going to your local salon. For a little fun and a nominal fee residents and their families can enjoy a scoop of ice cream in the ice cream parlor. The rehabilitation center has many tools and exercise equipment to aide in rehabilitation. The resident rooms are cozy, but lack the feeling of home you feel in the lobby. I was always greeted kindly when I arrived at Lakewood however, the rest of the staff lacked kindness and personality. I rarely had an easy time finding the correct nurse or cna taking care of my family member if I had questions. When I could speak to the person I needed I felt rushed; my concerns were not being addressed. Worse yet, the administrative staff seemed to have a very quick turnover rate. I always felt I was speaking to someone new when I would go up the ladder with my concerns about my family member. If you can get past the lack of staffing and their personality defects, Lakewood is a very nice facility. They have a wide variety of amenities and tools to make you or your loved one feel at home during your stay no matter the length of stay.

About Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Plainfield, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center