Payment

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-north Hills

Posted by Appalled1 February 21, 2015
2.0

PT and OT were good, but I wouldn't let my dog stay on the first floor. Dementia patients made to sit in the hall. Repeated calls from residents for help while staff laughs and ignores. One resident would repeatedly complain about pain after sitting in a soiled undergarment but his yells would illicit eye rolls from the staff with no urgency to help. Patients are made to wait for their food prolonged periods. Poor dietary dept that will only supply a hamburger or obj if the order is wrong/rejected. Administrative staff will act concerned and promise action, but none will be taken. Visit the ENTIRE facility as the staff rotates in all areas due to short staffing.

Posted by Miriam4 October 22, 2013
4.0

My mother-in-law needed rehab, so she's in Manorcare of North Hills . We like the facility. It may not be the best, but it's more affordable than others. The nurses have been very, very good in communicating what's going on and helping my mother-in-law with all the problems she's been going through. She likes the food there and she has never complained. They have all kinds of activities, and they even have church services.

Posted by Trollolol September 30, 2012
4.0

When my grandfather was living in this facility, I regularly visited him. As such, I was able to see a great deal of the rooms, common areas, the grounds, and numerous other places at Manorcare. For the most part, everything is well maintained and looks clean and tidy. The employees overall are very kind and considerate for the needs of their patients. Nurses were always pleasant with my family and took our needs into consideration whenever possible. I can't say too much about the food personally, but my grandfather always finished his plate! So it must not have been too bad.I would absolutely recommend this facility if anyone ever asked me about an assisted living care facility. Every so often you would get a member of staff that was grumpy, but everyone has a bad day at their job. Overall, I rated it as a four out of five star.

Posted by Upon66 June 29, 2011
4.0

I visited this facility where my fiances grandmother was staying at for a few days. The facility is well kept and is modernized in terms of looks. I felt comfortable walking around the facility, but got confused of where to go because where wasn't a lot of directions. There is also a Wifi Cafe, where they have a nice setup for family and friends to sit and visit, which includes a few computers and a television.

Her grandmother was sent there from a local hospital and would have been later sent back to the hospital. The staff seemed very helpful and did their best to help her grandmother, but there was some miscommunication between the hospital and Manorcare that led her not to receive her medication and thus causing some problems with her stay.

Overall I'd say this place is a good facility, but you should make sure if there are some medical issues that you bring it to everyone's attention.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 395826

Health
2.0
Overall
4.0
Quality