Life Care Center of Paradise Valley Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

3.7

September 02, 2012

By johnmial

I have had my mother in several facilities unfotunately and at first didn't choose Life Care Center of Paradise Valley because it seemed 'run down'. The building is older and with that I can imagine it's difficult to compete with these newer facilities. We had my mother at 3 facilities prior to Life Care of Paradise Valley. While the other buildings did present better, I'm very thankful we gave them a chance. My family never thought we would see my mother walk again and to our amazement she did. Not only did she recover she is thriving. I have everyone at this facility to thank. I was a nurse for several years and was blown away by the commitment and attention the staff gave her. All together this facility has done more than what words can express for my mother and family. If you're looking for a facility you need to check this one out. Thank you LIfe Care Center of Paradise Valley

June 27, 2012

By Vanna19

This facility has both long term care (on the second floor) and an acute care area on the lower level. All of the staff was extremely friendly. I always felt very welcomed walking into this facility. Although the upper level seemed a little cramped-feeling, I think because the rooms are double resident rooms, there were still a lot of areas my grandmother and other residents could go to for activities they had throughout the week. The dining room downstairs where my grandmother got to eat was very large and felt like a very nice sit down restaurant where you could order what you liked off a small menu. I liked the fact that this facility kept their residents very involved with activities going on so they didn't have to sit in their room watching television all day. One weekend I went they even had a small outdoor carnival for the residents! I would feel comfortable if another one of my family members had to come here.

August 04, 2011

By A Concerned CNA

This is a skilled nursing facility"”one of the worst I've seen. The reason: There are a lot of total care residents there, with few who are ambulatory, but the place is so understaffed that the caregivers who work there are usually overwhelmed. Residents may be left in bed until nearly the middle of the day before they are dressed"”and many do not get adequate help with toilet needs. Call lights are often left unanswered. It's a case where initial looks are deceiving. It is a nice and well maintained building from the outside. The administrative offices are on the bottom are also nicely appointed and clean. But the nursing home part upstairs is all tiled, with all white walls"”very cold and very uninviting There is an RN for the 100 residents there"”and the med techs pass medications and do dressing changes and wound care, which are tasks that should be administered by those with more training. Another drawback: All the residents are brought to the dining room at once"”and three are fed at one time. Residents with various levels of functioning all sit together, those with more abilities are put in with those who need total care"”and they complain about that often and openly. Pureed foods and special diets are available, but the food is just not appetizing. Snacks are served at times through the day, but staff does not usually have the time to help those who need it. The cost for care and housing at Paradise Valley is less than at other places nearby, but it shows.

July 31, 2011

By Nannasgirl

I am very; very happy with the care my grandmother has received at the Life Care Center of Paradise Valley. She has seemed happy and content and the activities director seems to be very nice. She had some dogs come in to visit and my grandmother thought that was so absolutely wonderful, she smiled more that day than I had seen in several weeks. The staff seem happy to help us if we ever need anything and they don't treat us as if we are intruding on there day. The beauty salon is so much fun, my grandmother loves to have her hair done and she feels so special after having a cut and style. On one day the Life Care Center of Paradise Valley had a group of children come in and visit, the kids brought paper placemats that they had colored and decorated. My grandmother saved hers and has it in her room on her dresser.

Features of Life Care Center of Paradise Valley

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Life Care Center of Paradise Valley

Life Care Center of Paradise Valley is a nursing home in Phoenix, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of Paradise Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Life Care Center of Paradise Valley