Life Care Center of Paradise Valley | Nursing Home

4065 E BELL RD, Phoenix, AZ, 85032

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Life Care Center of Paradise Valley | Nursing Home

joeski March 18, 2014

we took my dad to this place because the staff told us they have in house dialysis. that was not true. he had to transported to dialysis. everytime i went to visit my dad he was not cleaned and there was no water in his room, and if there was water it was beyond his reach. they say that some one sits with my dad when he eats, bull, not one time i seen anyone sit with him to make sure he eats. i asked for a print out of medications they are giving him. i was told that they record evrything in a log book and asked me if i wanted to see the log book, the log book is always in the hallway for everyone to see. i dont like the staff. this is supposed to be a rehab center. NOT. my dad ended getting bed sorse from not being moved. they were treating it and we were never told about it till one night we got a call from them. to tell us that my dad had to be sent to hospital to be treated for bed sorse. so if you ask me about this place forget about it

mrsmimid-el November 28, 2012

My father stayed at Life Care Center of Paradise Valley about two years ago after he was released from the hospital following a back injury he sustained after a fall. He was there for about a month before returning home. I found the facility to be clean and well-kept both inside and out, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My family and I frequently visited my father while he was in the facility and often asked him how he was being treated. He had no major complaints. The only thing he mentioned was that they were at times slow in coming to his room when he requested help from a nurse. My father is blind therefore he needed considerable help. Other than that, we were pleased with the way my father was treated and with the service in general. Overall, it's a nice facility and I felt comfortable with my father staying there. Also, he enjoyed the meals that were served.

johnmial September 02, 2012

I have had my mother in several facilities unfotunately and at first didn't choose Life Care Center of Paradise Valley because it seemed 'run down'. The building is older and with that I can imagine it's difficult to compete with these newer facilities. We had my mother at 3 facilities prior to Life Care of Paradise Valley. While the other buildings did present better, I'm very thankful we gave them a chance. My family never thought we would see my mother walk again and to our amazement she did. Not only did she recover she is thriving. I have everyone at this facility to thank. I was a nurse for several years and was blown away by the commitment and attention the staff gave her. All together this facility has done more than what words can express for my mother and family. If you're looking for a facility you need to check this one out. Thank you LIfe Care Center of Paradise Valley

Vanna19 June 27, 2012

This facility has both long term care (on the second floor) and an acute care area on the lower level. All of the staff was extremely friendly. I always felt very welcomed walking into this facility. Although the upper level seemed a little cramped-feeling, I think because the rooms are double resident rooms, there were still a lot of areas my grandmother and other residents could go to for activities they had throughout the week. The dining room downstairs where my grandmother got to eat was very large and felt like a very nice sit down restaurant where you could order what you liked off a small menu. I liked the fact that this facility kept their residents very involved with activities going on so they didn't have to sit in their room watching television all day. One weekend I went they even had a small outdoor carnival for the residents! I would feel comfortable if another one of my family members had to come here.

A Concerned CNA August 04, 2011

This is a skilled nursing facility"”one of the worst I've seen. The reason: There are a lot of total care residents there, with few who are ambulatory, but the place is so understaffed that the caregivers who work there are usually overwhelmed. Residents may be left in bed until nearly the middle of the day before they are dressed"”and many do not get adequate help with toilet needs. Call lights are often left unanswered.

It's a case where initial looks are deceiving. It is a nice and well maintained building from the outside. The administrative offices are on the bottom are also nicely appointed and clean. But the nursing home part upstairs is all tiled, with all white walls"”very cold and very uninviting

There is an RN for the 100 residents there"”and the med techs pass medications and do dressing changes and wound care, which are tasks that should be administered by those with more training.

Another drawback: All the residents are brought to the dining room at once"”and three are fed at one time. Residents with various levels of functioning all sit together, those with more abilities are put in with those who need total care"”and they complain about that often and openly.

Pureed foods and special diets are available, but the food is just not appetizing. Snacks are served at times through the day, but staff does not usually have the time to help those who need it.

The cost for care and housing at Paradise Valley is less than at other places nearby, but it shows.

Nannasgirl July 31, 2011

I am very; very happy with the care my grandmother has received at the Life Care Center of Paradise Valley. She has seemed happy and content and the activities director seems to be very nice. She had some dogs come in to visit and my grandmother thought that was so absolutely wonderful, she smiled more that day than I had seen in several weeks. The staff seem happy to help us if we ever need anything and they don't treat us as if we are intruding on there day. The beauty salon is so much fun, my grandmother loves to have her hair done and she feels so special after having a cut and style. On one day the Life Care Center of Paradise Valley had a group of children come in and visit, the kids brought paper placemats that they had colored and decorated. My grandmother saved hers and has it in her room on her dresser.

About Life Care Center of Paradise Valley

Life Care Center of Paradise Valley is a nursing home in Phoenix, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Life Care Center of Paradise Valley for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Life Care Center of Paradise Valley

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Life Care Center of Paradise Valley