La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

September 08, 2015

By Grieving Sisters

La Estancia provided horrific care of our brother, who was at this facility for almost a month at the end of 2014. Our complaints are too lengthy to list in total, but our main complaints are that: 1) they discharged our brother suddenly, in spite of the fact that we pleaded for them not to since he still couldn't walk or use the bathroom on his own and he had no one to care for him at home. He even fell out of bed on the morning that he was discharged, and they still discharged him; 2) they refused to respond to any of our communications explaining why we felt he was not capable of living on his own; 3) they told us (lied to us, saying) that the insurance company made the sudden discharge decision but wouldn't tell us who at the insurance company, nor would they explain what the grounds were for his discharge, and 4) they sent him home with insufficient medications to bridge the gap between his discharge and the doctor's appointment they made for him. One of his medications, it turns out, can't be stopped cold turkey, and as a result he almost died. We found out later from the insurance company that La Estancia had neglected to follow the protocol, which is to send a weekly report and request for continued coverage for a few weeks; they apparently realized their error, and discharged him to cut their losses since the insurance company refused to pay for the weeks for which they hadn't requested continued authorization to keep him there! When we spoke to the doctor when he was discharged, the doctor said, "My hands are tied. I can't do anything about this. Your brother will likely have another incident that will require him to be sent to the hospital emergency room, and then it will be the hospital's problem." We have filed a complaint with the licensing agency and have as yet to hear a response. We have also sent a letter directly to the director of La Estancia, and have not been given the courtesy of a response. If you care about your loved one, avoid this place like the plague.

August 24, 2015

By cc6306

Would never use this facility again. Extremely understaffed, long wait time to questions to be answered or any information to be provided upon request. Response time to patients call lights typically 30 - 60 minutes. Social worker rude and unprofessional. Dietary staff needed multiple reminders about specialized diet requirements. Thank goodness for aides - very hardworking and caring and doing the best they can. Place needs a good cleaning. Horrible experience.

July 14, 2015

By hot granny

The BEST rehab! The staff at La Estancia made me feel right at home always checking to see if I was happy from the cook to the big boss guy. When I came into the rehab center I was met by the two ladies in the admit office, as I got rolled into the building they both had huge smiles which made me and my family feel that we picked the right place for my rehab. I had a knee replacement and the therapy was just what I needed ! When I left I receive the same warm feeling from the nursing team as the girls all gave me hugs and well wishes. When I get my other knee done you bet I'll be going to La Estancia girls have my room ready

July 11, 2015

By Resident230

This facility is awesome, great care and great admit team. Food is good and the therapy is amazing. I was released in 2 weeks after excellent therapy. I would return.

May 16, 2015

By DNALY

We had the worst experince ever, rude nurses and not good at what they are doing, bad and unresponsive staff, thier social worker is very bad at doing his job. There were a few good people that you could count them on one hand.

September 18, 2014

By Lmendez

This place is horrible!! The staff for the most part is rude and uncaring

July 19, 2013

By T9402

This facility is horrible. I have visited this place many times and I can honestly say it is one of the worst facilities I have been to. The nurses are nowhere to be found when needed. The staff is RUDE and not willing to assist family members or visitors. The patient care is absolutely horrific. My family member was in this facility for 3 days and already had bedsores forming because the staff was not turning their patients properly. I would not send a DOG to L'Estancia

March 24, 2013

By Caring 8755

The service at La Estancia was pretty good. The place was gorgeous. They had a beautiful TV and the food was good. They had a dining room where they served you as if you were in a restaurant. There were issues with the administration though. It took a while for my sister's insurance to kick in. The administrator told us that they shouldn't have taken my sister any way until they were sure about everything. They still kept her but there was no extra help. You could just tell they were mad. The social worker was patient though. He did extra stuff for us so that made it bearable.

May 11, 2012

By waterfalls

I had a relativy of mine and the supervisor Gill turn against my relative so they can collect all the monney.As soon as the took his monney in two years.he went into state program and they stop his medicines that he was taking and few months later he die.I wouldnt put my dog there.

March 06, 2012

By Helpingh

Very disappointed in the level of care here. Staff appears caring, but they lack skills to treat anything more complicated than taking vitals or delivering meds. The doctor on staff is overwhelmed by his own private practice and overseeing the patients at this facility. You can ask questions of the care being provided for a friend or family member, but be prepared to be viewed as a pest. Look elsewhere for quality medical sub-acute care.

August 19, 2011

By AzDesert1

I wasn't impressed when I went to visit one of my really close friends. The facility is in a great location, so my first thought was that nthe facility was going to be really nice. When I went oustide the buidling I can say the front entrance area was clean. Next, I was told by staff members that they were remodeling the building. I think remodeling is good, but the way I had to enter was really confusing because I was ended up being in the next part of the building. Therefore, as I walking through the hallways, I could hear staff members complaining. And as I entered my friend room, it was dirty and she needed some help as well. When called for someone to help her; I told her that I could help her since I was there, but she wanted to continue to wait. Finally, someone came by to tell her that they would be with her shortly, so after waiting for a while, she let me help her. Then someone brought her food and the food was very cold. I told her I could try to have the food heated, but she told me don't worry because this happens all the time. She had her on refrigerator that she had stored snacks if needed until the next meal of the day. I have visited this facility once before and actually the facility appeared to be ok, so I'm not sure if it was just this particular weekend or not. After all, I think that peoples needs should be taken more seriously.

Features of La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Phoenix, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of La Estancia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center