Coronado Healthcare Center

11411 NORTH 19TH AVE, Phoenix, AZ, 85029

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Coronado Healthcare Center

in search of meaningful care February 28, 2014

DO NOT use this facility for any reason. Please find another location by any means. I tried calling the facility and there is no answer and there is no answering machine. My family member is still waiting to meet with their social worker, meanwhile urgent issues are no being addressed.

dtr of a patient November 06, 2013

My mother is a patient at Coronado, she has received the best care! I could not be happier. The staff is friendly, her doctors is amazing and speaks with me whenever I have a question. I read through the other reviews. The wound team is there 7 days a week and sees her. she has a wound from before her admission and she has MRSA.I was concerned with the other person stating the staff did not know how to handle a person with MRSA so i called around to other facilities and found out this is a very common thing and using gloves and hand washing is all t that is needed. I also went looking for gloves on my next visit and YES I found them. I went into the building looking for hand sanitizer dispensors there was one at the front enterence and on both the nurses stations I went to. Her therapy has been top notch!!! My experince has been more than wonderful. Thank you Coronado!

Elementary Teacher October 29, 2013

This facility is apparently mainly a nursing home. However, they equally advertised themselves as a physical rehabilitation facility. The rehabilitation room is small and sparse. My husband entered with numerous MRSA wounds, which included his amputation wound. It took them 3 days to clean and bandage a severe wound with a 1 week old skin graft (due to MRSA). I had to threaten them with legal action to get that done. I could not find a hand sanitizer dispenser anywhere. No one took proper precautions for MRSA. It was very difficult to speak with a doctor, a nurse practitioner, or even an RN because there are very few of them to spread around. They always seemed to be on-call. The bottom line is, it MAY be fine as a nursing home, but as a rehab facility for an amputee that needs supervised medication (in our case an IV) and serious physical rehabilitation work, this place fails miserably. I would never recommend Coronado Healthcare to my worst enemy.

ABKID February 29, 2012

My grandma had a knee replacement surgery a few months ago and she stayed here for a short time. The facility is modern and has a very warm yet rustic feel to it. I sampled some of the food and it was extremely good. The overall care was superb it was a great experience. My grandma literally had a service button for whenever she wanted something. The facility had full size gym with physical therapy rooms for recovery. The rooms themselves were amazing, My grandma had a flat screen television, her own bathroom, and a small balcony for if she wanted to read outside. The overall care was great and my grandma extremely enjoyed her stay here. I have recommended this facility many times to other elders in need of care. They are sure to enjoy it here because the staff is what really makes this place. My grandma had two nurses specifically for her whenever she wanted and she enjoyed that and it made her feel more at ease. It is a great place and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great nursing home.

Emmyrose January 04, 2012

This is a 184 bed assisted, skilled,and memory care facility. They have two care units in the building with 25 skilled beds and medicare and a long term care unit, They also accept respite and rehab residents.

The building is a one story red brick building with trees, flowers and grass. It is well maintained and clean. There is a freshness in the air inside which I noticed on entering. They have two nice courtyards with grass and flowers and lots of places to sit.

They have a nice dining room but there is a set menu. They serve three meals and snacks. They have a beautician.

The rooms are mostly semi-privte with a bathroom. They are handicapped equipped with a call light system. It is a typical nursing home setting but very clean.

They have a house doctor, DON, ADON,registered and LPNs on duty, All caregivers are CNAs.They have physical, occupational, and speech therapy. They have transport to doctors and appointments.The staff seems friendly to me.

They do lots of activities as exercises, bingo, arts and crafts, entertainment, and parties.They go out shopping and other events.

This seems like a nice facility from what I saw and residents get good care.

A Concerned CNA August 19, 2011

This 150-bed facility, which offers skilled nursing, rehab and respite care, is in a two-story building located in a high crime area. There are some security guards, but they don't seem adequate. Visitors pull up into a parking lot, which is not aesthetically pleasing.

There is a hospital nearby, but not many other conveniences. And there is a little bit of grass on one side of the building, but no patio or outside sitting spaces for residents and visitors to enjoy.

Inside, there is a compact, cramped feel. The décor is cold"”mostly tiled, without a homey feel. There is a reception area when you walk in, but visitors get no friendly greeting.

The rooms are mostly shared"”and they're very small and in close quarters.

There are a few activities and movie nights with popcorn, some arts and crafts, and programs for those in need of physical therapy. But no religious services are provided. And residents complain there's not enough to do to help pass the time.

The food is not very appetizing; residents frequently complain it is cold. There are pureed and easy to digest choices, though.

There have been problems with temperature control in the rooms; many residents complain about it. The solution seems to be to push those who are too warm into the hallways.

There are LPNs and CNAs and an RN on staff, but the care is not very good. Residents are not given adequate attention"”some left without water throughout the night. There was a resident who fell and was injured"”and family was not notified until several days later. It is horrendously understaffed, especially on the night shift"”and there is a very high staff turnover. There is simply too much work for the staff on hand.

There is a lot of complaining by the residents, who are generally younger and more alert than at most care facilities"”most of them in wheelchairs, with brain injuries, alcohol dementia, and strokes. The complaining also makes the whole place feel unpleasant. Mostly, it feels like a sad place.

The cost is high for the area"”about $5,000 per month for a semi-private room.

About Coronado Healthcare Center

Coronado Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Phoenix, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Coronado Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Coronado Healthcare Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Coronado Healthcare Center