St. John Neumann Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of St. John Neumann Center

January 06, 2016

By Mere Breslin

My father was sent here from Frankford Hospital after a fall for Physical therapy. After 5 Day we demanded to have him removed. Went in able to take care of himself and left not knowing how to do anything! Got him to the hospital and was told if we had left him there one more night we would of lost him? I am so saddened that this happens more than we know. Thank God we trusted our instincts and seen that this was not normal like they tried to tell us! But for all the people that are in there with no family members to watch over them my heart breaks.

September 30, 2013

By Carol70869850

My aunt is at Saint John Neumann Nursing Home. She is staying in a shared room. They have a nice big dining room. Outside, they have a nice enclosed courtyard where they can sit. They have mass every day at 11:00 o'clock. Everyone is very nice.

October 24, 2012

By lancers268x

My grandmother was in and out of hospitals several times a year over the course of the last few years. One of the doctors recommended that we should enroll her in a nursing home for a little bit of time where she would get round-the-clock care. Since St. John Neumanns was very close to my mother and all of her sisters, the decision was very easy to make where to enroll her. There were several ladies from the area that we knew that worked there and always said that St. John Neumann's was a great nursing home and that my grandmother would be looked after well. Since my grandmother did not know english well, one of her daughters were always with her through the visiting hours. The staff was very great in accommodating my mother or her sisters whenever they stayed. The staff was very friendly. In the two months that my grandmother lived there, my family members and I have never had any complaints about the staff. Her medicine was always brought to her in a timely fashion. The dietary aids and recreational aids were always amazing to be around. Even though my grandmother did not know English, a lot of the aids that worked there knew my grandmother's native language. This made her stay there a lot more comfortable. There was a peace of mind with my family even when we were not there with her because there were so many people in the staff that could communicate with her. My grandmother even enjoyed her time with the physical therapist that was assigned to her. Overall, her stay at St. John Neumann's was made very comfortable because of the great accommodations and great staff there.

July 23, 2012

By casey2

I frequently visit Saint John Neumans nursing home as my great grandmother and her companion are residents. We initially had to place her there after she had a stroke 95, up until then she lived by herself with her male companion who she's been living with for 50 years now. After the nursing home accepted all their paperwork they were in on the non-alzheimers wing. We got into a mild argument with the facility after they would not allow them to share a room because they are not married (Catholic run place). Although we tried everything we could they refused to let them stay in the same room. Overall the facility is very nice, and very clean. They have recently had to move over to the Alzheimer's wing as her companion is showing clear signs of the disease. This wing is not as nice as the other one, but thats understandable as it is more like a hospital then the other side. Overall iv been very pleased with the place even if its not a perfect place. Its still pretty good though.

May 30, 2012

By vlepore1985

I am very pleased with St. John Neumann Nursing Home. The staff are always pleasant and very willing to help with any questions, concerns, or needs for my Grandmother. Being that she has Alzheimer's we were very wary about choosing a nursing home because we needed to make sure she was being taken care of well and not being abused. She wouldn't be able to tell us if there was something wrong so we needed to fully trust the facility. St. John Neumann and its staff has our full trust. We received many recommendations for them over the years prior to us placing our Grandmother there. The facility, and my Grandmother's room are always kept very clean and in good order. My Grandmother seems to be very happy there as they offer different amenities such as a game room, a dining room, a salon, holiday-themed parties, and various other activities. They also have flexible visiting hours during certain situations. I highly recommend them as a nursing home care provider for anyone who is interested.

June 13, 2011

Other

This is a very large one floor building, it can be confusing to navigate. But the staff is over all friendly and will help you find what or who your looking for. Residents are rarely in their room, with a large chapel in the main lobby and activity rooms on each wing resident have plenty to do. The staff can be over welled from time to time, but they do the best they can to be there for each and every resident.

Features of St. John Neumann Center

• Italian
  • Russian
  • Spanish

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall:

About St. John Neumann Center

St. John Neumann Center is a nursing home in Philadelphia, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St. John Neumann Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of St. John Neumann Center