Immaculate Mary Home

2990 HOLME AVENUE, Philadelphia, PA, 19136

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Immaculate Mary Home

caring8556 May 24, 2013

It's the second time that my father has been at Immaculate Mary Home because their care is very good and it's where he wanted to go. We never had any problems with them at all.

odannyboy February 18, 2013

She enjoyed the food and the staff was for the most part, caring. While the physical therapist was an extremely caring person who worked above and beyond with my mother, there was little true medical oversight. My mother first became very bloated and very swollen. We could not get the doctor to see her. He managed through phone calls to the nurses trying different medications. My mother quickly developed serious bladder issues, ultimately having to be permanently catherized from which she developed a UTI, which they were very slow to test for and treat. No doctor still. My mother was complaining that her feet and lower legs were in horrible pain. No doctor. Just cream ordered through the nurses. They were red hot, swollen and had a bed sore, when I said I was calling 911, they did and ultrasound of her legs, both of which had clots. Still no doctor. We took her to the hospital where we found out that the clots had traveled to her lungs. She wound up dying. In three months one sighting of Dr. Luscini, the medical director. Do not place your relative here if you expect any medical care or supervision.

reviewer123 June 11, 2012

I found this to be one of the nicest nursing homes we had visited when my grandfather was in rehab (and ultimately there for long term care). The facility has a small green space with benches, which we found enjoyable, because we could sit and talk with him outside. The nurses and staff were very kind, and from what we could tell, all residents were well cared for. My grandfather was happy at this facility, and seemed to like the people around him and the facility.Each day that we visited, he was showered, cleaned, and well cared for in a manner which we could be content with and that put us at ease that we made the right decision. During his stay at Immaculate Mary, we had very few issues or complaints about his care, the staff, or the facilities. We found Immaculate Mary to be one of the nicest rehab centers he had been too, and found that the kindness of the staff & state of the facilities carried through to the nursing home as well.

Philagirl81 November 19, 2011

The facility is clean overall. The design and decorations in the facility is poor and not the best at least not to my taste. The staff is friendly and helpful. The facility had its own "Beauty shop" and the residents can have haircuts and have hairstyles done, which, thought, was great ! I also saw a small gift shop with multiple items to choose from, which residents were enjoying. The facility had activities for residents indoor and outdoor, but it seemed they needed more people to accommodate resident transfer. The nurses were nice, some worked there for a long time, which to me is a sign of a good place to work. Because it is located in the city, there isn't a large outdoor nature area, which to me is a minus.Overall, I liked the facility, I heard good things about it from the resident I know that lives there. I also know from that resident that sometimes they encounter short staffing and "it's not handled well right away", so that is a minus for my review for this facility.

About Immaculate Mary Home

Immaculate Mary Home is a nursing home in Philadelphia, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Immaculate Mary Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Immaculate Mary Home

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• Spanish