Immaculate Mary Home

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Immaculate Mary Home

September 15, 2015

By lovedones

Has gone quite downhill in the past few years. Lack of care really sad,

May 26, 2015

By claud

I do not usually write reviews, but I was very impressed with this facility! The nurses could not do enough to ensure that my mother was comfortable. If I had any questions regarding my mother's care, the nurses always took the time to answer any questions. The cleanliness and rehab department were top notch! I would certainly recommend this facility.

December 11, 2013

By toolman08

My father was placed here on the 3rd floor with Alzheimer's disease. Very neglectful floor. Nobody wanted to do anything above their job. I was told by the director that they do not offer "one-on-one care". They transferred my father to the hospital twice in only 3 1/2 weeks & on the 2nd time refused to take him back. Was told by the hospital that they are known for "dumping" patients in hospitals that are unruly & they do not feel like dealing with. No activities for residents, they just sit there & get ignored unless family comes to visit them. General staff was sweet, nurses & admin was plain rude. Would not recommend anyone to this facility.

June 07, 2013

By Sctp

My mother was admitted for short term rehab. It was very difficult to reach the social worker to ask questions. She never returned my calls until my mom was getting ready for discharge. There seemed to be a lack of communication between the social worker, nurses, and the doctors. I had difficulty gathering the correct information in order to file an appeal to obtain additional time from the insurance company. It's seems that the facility could have made this process easier, but they are only required to provide certain information and phone numbers instead of going above and beyond for their patients' wellbeing. I felt as though they did not want to help. I also encountered issues when filing her appeal because the appeal reviewer was not given all the correct information to reflect the actual treatments she was receiving. The nursing staff who took care of my mother on a day to day basis did a good job.

May 24, 2013

By caring8556

It's the second time that my father has been at Immaculate Mary Home because their care is very good and it's where he wanted to go. We never had any problems with them at all.

February 18, 2013

By odannyboy

She enjoyed the food and the staff was for the most part, caring. While the physical therapist was an extremely caring person who worked above and beyond with my mother, there was little true medical oversight. My mother first became very bloated and very swollen. We could not get the doctor to see her. He managed through phone calls to the nurses trying different medications. My mother quickly developed serious bladder issues, ultimately having to be permanently catherized from which she developed a UTI, which they were very slow to test for and treat. No doctor still. My mother was complaining that her feet and lower legs were in horrible pain. No doctor. Just cream ordered through the nurses. They were red hot, swollen and had a bed sore, when I said I was calling 911, they did and ultrasound of her legs, both of which had clots. Still no doctor. We took her to the hospital where we found out that the clots had traveled to her lungs. She wound up dying. In three months one sighting of Dr. Luscini, the medical director. Do not place your relative here if you expect any medical care or supervision.

June 11, 2012

By reviewer123

I found this to be one of the nicest nursing homes we had visited when my grandfather was in rehab (and ultimately there for long term care). The facility has a small green space with benches, which we found enjoyable, because we could sit and talk with him outside. The nurses and staff were very kind, and from what we could tell, all residents were well cared for. My grandfather was happy at this facility, and seemed to like the people around him and the facility.Each day that we visited, he was showered, cleaned, and well cared for in a manner which we could be content with and that put us at ease that we made the right decision. During his stay at Immaculate Mary, we had very few issues or complaints about his care, the staff, or the facilities. We found Immaculate Mary to be one of the nicest rehab centers he had been too, and found that the kindness of the staff & state of the facilities carried through to the nursing home as well.

November 19, 2011

By Philagirl81

The facility is clean overall. The design and decorations in the facility is poor and not the best at least not to my taste. The staff is friendly and helpful. The facility had its own "Beauty shop" and the residents can have haircuts and have hairstyles done, which, thought, was great ! I also saw a small gift shop with multiple items to choose from, which residents were enjoying. The facility had activities for residents indoor and outdoor, but it seemed they needed more people to accommodate resident transfer. The nurses were nice, some worked there for a long time, which to me is a sign of a good place to work. Because it is located in the city, there isn't a large outdoor nature area, which to me is a minus.Overall, I liked the facility, I heard good things about it from the resident I know that lives there. I also know from that resident that sometimes they encounter short staffing and "it's not handled well right away", so that is a minus for my review for this facility.

Features of Immaculate Mary Home

• Spanish

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Immaculate Mary Home

Immaculate Mary Home is a nursing home in Philadelphia, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Immaculate Mary Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Immaculate Mary Home