Freedom Plaza Care Center

13373 N Plaza Del Rio Blvd, Peoria, AZ, 85381

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Freedom Plaza Care Center

Caring8465 November 20, 2014

Freedom Plaza had the best services for the best price. They did an excellent job; it’s a combination of affordability and quality of services. The room was very nice.

Caring92551550 November 12, 2014

Freedom Plaza was beautiful. The people were nice, but all they had was a studio apartment that you had to share with somebody, and I wasn’t about to share with somebody I didn’t know or pay that amount of money. They had assisted living on one side of the street and the other side was independent-living. They had lots of activities there. It was beautiful. It’s very big, and it’s very well kept.

Caring96085250 October 16, 2014

We put my dad at Freedom Plaza. The staff used to be fabulous and then started dropping, so we got him out of there. Everybody was fine but my dad was telling us stories that they were working on concrete in the middle of the night for a couple of hours. The rooms were adequate and the dining room is very nice. You get what you paid for.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future. If you haven’t done so already, please call our Resident and Family Connection Line at 877-400-5296, and we would be happy to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Curt4 September 30, 2014

I was impressed with Freedom Plaza and the staff was wonderful. It was clean and there’s no foul odor. I like the activity, the medical attention, and that it’s all under one roof. My parents moved around six weeks ago. This facility was also recommended by my friends.

Caring81115650 September 12, 2014

Freedom Plaza is probably one of the best ones around because where we were the last time was horrible. So this is a step up. What I like best about it is the cleanliness of it. When you walk in, you don't smell urine like you do at so many others. Also the competence of the staff there is higher. That's all the staff, including the therapy staff and the nursing staff. They are a lot more knowledgeable. The rooms are fantastic. My wife was first in a private room because she had MRSA and they were worried about it, so they had her in the private room for isolation purposes. Later on, she went to a semi-private room, but they only had her in the semi-private room, and that was nice too, that she was by herself. Regarding food, if you're a diabetic, that's not the place to be because they're really not set up for diabetics. That would be the only downfall; however, I would definitely recommend them.

DJ3 February 28, 2014

Mom was at the skilled section of Freedom Plaza for about three months. The facility is very clean and it had no smell. The staff has a wonderful attitude and they seem to be actually enjoying what they are doing. Everybody had a smile on their face. Her room had plenty of light. It was very small, but good use of space. The only activity I know is bingo, some board games like scrabble, and they also have get together. She said that the food was wonderful and they had the option of eating in their room and so really enjoyed that option, but basically the facility is very expensive.

Daughter who cares December 07, 2013

My mother was here for rehabilitation after her open heart surgery. We met with the case manager to review their plans for our mother's care and share our concerns about our mother's recovery. Nothing we shared was addressed. My mother never walked more than 150 feet a day while she was there. She left the hospital with guidelines to walk a minimum of 4 times per day with increasing distances. This did not happen on even one occasion occasion. Instead of improving she regressed. She walked more in the ICU at the hospital than she did at Freedom Care. One day they forgot her lunch and charted that she was at Physical Therapy though she says she was never taken that day. This s witnessed by her friend. They would not let her walk without assistance during her entire stay because she was labeled a liability, though this the reason she was sent to the facility. They repeatedly pulled her up from her recliner by her arms, while this is contraindicated for a recovering open heart patient. We talked with case management about this concern but it continued. I would discourage anyone from sending their loved one to Freedom Plaza for rehabilitation. They may provide good long term care but they do not provide rehabilitation services at what would be considered minimum standards.

Vickie3 September 27, 2013

I would give this a 5-star rating in all aspect except it was a buy-in and then again my dad did not want to get involved with that. The rooms, the food, the staff, and everything else were excellent. I would recommend this facility.

belypino November 20, 2012

My first thought as i walked in the facility was the residents will never be bored here. The staff is professional, well trained and educated. The facility is very nice!! They have gone above and beyond to make this a living environment confortable and enjoyful. from the painting to the deco in the place is beautiful. There are several dining halls all bistro style, a couple nice fire places to enjoy! The menu is well planned and has healthy choices for everyone to enjoy. The staff goes above and beyond to make them feel at home!! The residents here are living a 5 star resort . There is an active daily calendar of event and activities and the residents seem to be busy at all times. They have shuttle for transportation if need be. it is one of the best I have seen. The staff is attentive and accommodating to the residents. I highly recommend this facility!!

Cowboy4 May 19, 2011

Visited this facility

Plaza West does not answer their call for help because there are too many people texting, talking, and gossiping in the hallways to assist the elderly. When asked to help, their answer is, 'they are going to die soon and they won't remember.' Clairbridge is unprofessional in how they handle their alzheimer's patient, screaming, and subtly holding too tight on their arms. Freedom Plaza does not care about anything but their monies and they will make sure of that when the elderly is incoherent enough to not say much. It's a business, not a home.

From Freedom Plaza Care Center

Freedom Plaza Care Center provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Freedom Plaza Care Center we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Freedom Plaza Care Center provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.

For more information, please visit us at www.brookdaleliving.com

Features of Freedom Plaza Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Freedom Plaza Care Center