Specialty Center of Pensacola

6984 PINE FOREST ROAD, Pensacola, FL, 32526

Reviews of Specialty Center of Pensacola

April 05, 2016

By Sandie5

My aunt is at Specialty Center of Pensacola. She has been pleased with the food. It is a different type of facility than assisted living. Her first roommate was a little difficult. The second roommate that she has gotten has been wonderful and they got along great together. They have a calendar with activities, but when you’re in a rehab, you’re not really doing a lot of extra activities. Overall, I’m satisfied with this place.

October 06, 2015

By dauther-in-law

My father-in-law has been at Specialty Center on three different occasions. The first time, he had a brain stem stroke. If not for the nurses and therapy staff at Specialty he never would have returned home. When he left the facility he could not only care for himself but was very active. A few years later he was back in the hospital and needed rehab, We knew immediately where we wanted him to go. I could not ask for better care. This was a very difficult time for us and the staff went above and beyond to make my family a part of his care and his recovery. Thank you to all the employees of Specialty Center.

July 17, 2015

By bubbie1989

Be wary of Specialty Care Center of Pensacola. My grandmother fell and broke her femur. She is 89 years old. She had surgery to repair the break and was discharged after a week in the hospital to Specialty Care Center of Pensacola. During her 2 1/2 weeks staying there, her intake and output of fluids along with her eating was never monitored. She collapsed during PT of massive dehydration. She was unresponsive and rushed to West Florida Hospital and admitted to the ICU. After four days, she is still in intensive care. Her mental status has deteriorated and she is very weak. She was extremely dehydrated and her blood pressure plummeted. She was also unable to eat and failed a swallow study. They had to place a feeding tube in her. Prior to her surgery, she had no signs of dementia and had no speech difficulties. Now her cognition is poor and she is unable to speak. They are moving her to a step down long term care ICU facility to continue her recovery. Please do not take your loved one to Specialty Care Center of Pensacola.

February 03, 2015

By Cobble

my mother went to the Specialty Center first for rehab after after a fall. When my mother needed 23/7 care that is where we took her. I have nothing but good things to say about the facility. The rehab was great ( my mom gave them a head time because she didn't want to do it)...now that's she's back and doesn't have to do therapy she is happy there, ALL of the staff are very caring and helpful. My mom has a bath every other day (daily if needed) her but ALL aids are very attentive, her hair rolled by aid (Linda). The food is just wonderful and there is plenty and a nice variety. They have plenty of activity, church, bingo, crafts, several musical visitors, special Holiday actives, etc. My mother isn't very social but she found one thing she enjoys, sitting in the hall in the evening and giving out candy to who ever wants it. My mom has NO COMPLAINTS and neither do we...I would recommend this Center for your loved one.

September 21, 2013

By Daughter's of sick parents

My mother was very ill when she was admitted to the Specialty Care Center. We were transferring her from another nursing home where she had become very ill and nearly died. Specialty Care isn't the Taj Mahal of India. It is an old, antiquated nursing home facility. We also found that the nursing staff were not exactly star material for Grey's Anatomy either. But these seasoned nurses and not so young physical therapy staff, knew their stuff and they were extremely knowledgeable about how to treat and care for my poor end of life mother. Eventually, through Specialty Care's diligence and care, my mother got well enough to take home. There are so many nice things I'd like to say about Specialty Care Center. I suppose the thing I appreciated the most, was their availability. I had everyone's phone number from the administrator on down. They encouraged me to call with questions or concerns. And, I did. Thank you Specialty Care I am so grateful to your staff for giving my mother a few more happy years of life and as well as giving her back that sense of dignity. I truly appreciate all of you.

September 11, 2013

By Glenda3

The nurses at Specialty Center of Pensacola gave my mother-in-law pretty good care. She was at the facility for rehabilitation purposes and they were able to help her get her strength back.

Features of Specialty Center of Pensacola

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Specialty Center of Pensacola

Specialty Center of Pensacola is a nursing home in Pensacola, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Specialty Center of Pensacola for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Specialty Center of Pensacola