Southland Health and Rehabilitation

151 WISDOM ROAD, Peachtree City, GA, 30269

Reviews of Southland Health and Rehabilitation

MarieMiller96 December 08, 2015

This place is awful. My grandfather suffered a stroke in February of 2014. He was in Grady for a few weeks before being transferred to Southland. What was supposed to be a short term stay turned into a permanent stay. They stuck him in a diaper and would never help him go to the bathroom even though he could still go on the toilet with some assistance. Countless times we would walk in his room and find him hanging off the bed. We would find him asleep with a full plate of food in front him with dinner being served hours ago. He would never have his teeth brushed. We would do it every night. He developed bed sores from lack of movement and exercise. The nurses failed to tell us that scabies was going around the home. All they told us was that we needed to stay away from him. I had to be told by a somewhat blunt nurse that it was scabies and at that point, it was too late. I contracted scabies and dealt with it for months not knowing what it was because of something else I will get to in a minute. In the middle of July, we visited my grandfather one night, and he was in a comatose state, he was generally unresponsive but still breathing. He had diabetes so we thought it had to be something to do with that. We had just put him on hospice, which for some reason stopped his diabetes medicine and we had to go through a very stressful few hours of rushing around trying to get him his insulin. We finally got him his medicine and waited and waited until the next day, there was still no change. We decided to call 911 where we found out he had pneumonia. We were under the impression that he would recover but a day later we recieved the news that he developed pneumonia from inability to swallow food correctly. The cause of that happened to be MRSA. At that time, he had it for months and it was too late. He would die from the infection. I stayed with him in hospice watching him suffer until he eventually became comatose again and passed away. I am writing this to hopefully stop this from happening to anyone else's loved ones.

Nothappycamper November 21, 2015

Too bad 0 stars is not an option ! Average wait time for requested meds is 1.5hrs Average wait for assistance to restroom (hip replacement) 30min Competency of staff Dr- 0 easy to see why this is the only place she can get a job. Refuses to listen to surgeon's reccomndations from the surgeon himself. This place is a bad horrible joke. Only send people here you have a vendetta against. Had my mom here for rehab a few years back and it was better than now by a long shot. Be afraid be very afraid. Trying to get transferred to a real facility.

Caring104034150 January 08, 2015

Southland Health & Rehabilitation is the only one in my town. It is a place with a bunch of elderly people who are just sitting and yelling. The staff who spoke to me was knowledgeable.

Caring77755550 June 30, 2014

Overall, on a scale of one to ten, I’ll give Southland probably a seven. The rates they charge are very, very expensive for what kind of service you get there. My father-in-law was a resident there, and he died in January. I think the staff and everything were pretty good. They were compassionate. I think the business is kind of not that great, but as far as cleanliness, it seemed to be pretty clean. They seemed to do a fairly good job. It’s just that the prices were ridiculous for something that's not plush. It’s an older nursing home, a lot older.

marcar August 14, 2013

Friendly, attentive staff

SassyT33 August 25, 2011

My grandmother was in this facility for rehab and came out with more problems from bed sores to blood clots and inconsistency with her oxygen treatment. The med situation was a complete disaster. My grandmother's endocrinologist had her set-up and well balanced with her meds for her diabetes. The information was provided to Southland and their doctor. Needless to say, they saw no need to even take a look at the information provided by the endocrinologist or even contact their office despite her blood sugar levels being excessively high. The arrogance and rudeness of their employees from their intake and finance staff to the dismissive physician and cadre of bad nurses was appalling. My grandmother has Alzheimer's so her primary caretaker, her daughter and family must speak up on her behalf. The family met with that Director and after grinning in our faces and promising to get it together, we saw no improvement. Needless to say we removed her from Southland. Do not put your loved one at this place. Patients are moaning and groaning loudly and ignored by nurses. It's just not a good place. Oh and watch them with your finances. The final icing on the cake is that they overbilled Medicare.

About Southland Health and Rehabilitation

Southland Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Peachtree City, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Southland Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Southland Health and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: