Greenbrier Health Center

6455 PEARL RD, parma heights, OH, 44130

Reviews of Greenbrier Health Center

Inspection June 11, 2015

The food is very bad, no nutritional value, sandwhiches everyday, tuna, ham, egg salad, they only serve cool aid, speciality food such as pureed is not prepared correctly. Food is placed on plates by untrained aids and not cooked by skilled chefs. Residents are never groomed, finger nails never cut, hair never washed. No supervision, no one knows who is in charge.

Ellen44 April 21, 2015

My mom was in Greenbrier for a little while, and I did not like it at all. They kept putting her out in a chair by the nurses' station. I think they were understaffed. They weren't doing therapy with her. They kept sitting her out because she was going through a lot of anxiety. They put her out by the nurses' station in the chair, they were not toileting her frequently, and they didn't have her legs elevated; her ankles and feet were swollen like they were ready to pop. I don't think they had enough help.

jefffleen April 08, 2015

My sister has been here for over 2 months. The staff have been very caring, they watch over her and truly want her to get better. I have liked her social worker, nurses, physical therapits and the aides. I don't like my sister's MD, though she likes him. Food is ok, not like home, but not like hospital food either. I do like that she got a nice and private room.

phantas00 March 31, 2015

If you are only going there for rehab it is a good place. The physical therapists are excellent. The wait time to be taken care of is slow, if you cant get up to use the bathroom on your own, you may be laying in your mess for awhile. The food is terrible. As far as skilled nursing, that is a whole other story. You will wait anywhere from 5 -30 min for someone to come to your room. If you need something from them there is a good chance they wont come back. Expect to lay in your mess. If you need to be lifted into your wheelchair you will have many days where they will tell you they dont have what they need to do it. Due to the days of non-lifts you will have to do your physical therapy in bed. After awhile you may become bed ridden due to that. There are workers in there who are very caring, but they have no power to fix the problems. The ones that have the power to fix the problems do not care. You are nothing but money to the corporation that owns it and the administration staff that runs it, does not care.

harveyschmidt November 26, 2014

I just had my wife discharged from here. Wow! What a caring staff who noticed changes in her, kept her comfortable despite surgical issues and helped make her stay good. I am so thankful for the RN manager and Social Worker and the dr for helping us get better and home!!!

MollySim November 22, 2014

Staff are nice, food is good. I am glad my father is here, he is taken care of well.

j.sylvia November 10, 2014

My mother has been here for 3 months getting better after a pretty big stroke. She is going home next week. I can not be happier with the facility, the social worker, unit manager, aides and nurses have been so kind and helpful. If not for their and therapies help my mom would not be able to go home, their love, attention and motivation of my mom has been wonderful, it is far more than just a pretty place. I thank God we were directed here by a friend.

jeff.fleen October 27, 2014

Nice facility, they got my mother back and walking, food was nice and staff were caring. I wish the MD saw my mom more is my only complaint.

oldandtired1 October 11, 2014

I will never step back into that place again. The place is full if bed bugs. The staff is short handed everyday. The current bosses and unit managers in that place are rude. I've seen people go 6 hours at the least in a chair and not toileted while the aides sit at the desk and holler sit down when the resident tried to get up. The food is OK not the best,portions are too small. The upstairs is called the welfare unit and let me tell you it lives up to its name. It's dirty poorly lit bedbugs in almost every room its awful. The rooms are filthy and most of the time so are the residents. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

anonymous2342 July 16, 2013

Residents have bed sore that are unreported, food is always cold, sandwhiches served often (grilled cheese, tuna, egg salad...) residents are not well groomed and rooms are left felthy. NO supervision.

Robert 1017 November 08, 2012

The staff was always lending a helping hand to anyone who needed and actually paid attention to the elderly folks when my family and I visited.

thirteenknots October 13, 2012

This facility was very nice, very clean, and there was plenty of staff to take care of all the residents. There were a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. It was a very nice environment and unlike other nursing homes, I did not feel uncomfortable when going here as I did with other nursing homes. All the residents were well taken care of, and they even offer things like a hair salon for the residents. It really is a nice facility and I would recommend it to anyone who needed to put a family member in a nursing home. It is located in a nice area of town and it is easy to get to. They also provide counseling to those who need it. The only complaint I have about this place is that sometimes it seemed like the staff wasn't checking on the residents as often as they should have been. Besides that I have no complaints.

Tracy55 May 25, 2012

Do NOT ever place a loved one in this facility. The negligence I saw first had is unparalleled. I witnessed stealing from patients and dead bodies carried out in body bags through the lobby-how disrespectful. My wish is that one day those who manage this facility will have to become patients here. They deserve to experience what they provide.

Megan4 September 30, 2011

Greenbrier Health Center, based in Cleveland, Ohio, is perhaps the least pleasant nursing home I've ever had the misfortune of visiting. When Grandma had to go to a nursing home two years ago, we didn't have much notice, and the Greenbrier ended up being the closest facility that could take her so quickly.When you enter the nursing home, your initial impression is "well, this isn't so bad." The main lobby is clean, and well-lit, and the front desk person was nice.It's as soon as you go down to the actual resident rooms that you really see how bad it is.Filth and and overflowing carts of trash are a common sight in the halls. Residents who clearly require supervision are frequently left in recliners for long periods of time, often till they soil themselves. The staff is curt and overworked at best, and at worst, down-right rude and demeaning to their patients. They frequently have patients fall and injure themselves, and they attempt to cover it up so that the state doesn't find out.Needless to say, we moved Grandma out!

RaoFun May 31, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Greenbier is a skilled nursing and assisted living community located a few minutes south of Cleveland in the quiet suburb of Parma Hts. While my mother resided within the Alzheimer's floor of the facility she received vigilant but not suffocating care from the staff. Unlike many other facilities I'd been to, the buildings were clean, smelled fresh, and residents were always kept busy with social activities and therapy. A shuttle bus would take the more independent residents on daily trips to a nearby senior activity center or local points of interest (zoo, movies, etc)One of our favorite things to do was visit the rabbit hutches in the atrium style cafeteria or play a set on their vintage bowling machines.At Greenbrier seniors can be as active as they want while not having to worry about the many "What if's" of aging.

About Greenbrier Health Center

Greenbrier Health Center is a nursing home in parma heights, OH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Greenbrier Health Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Greenbrier Health Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Greenbrier Health Center