Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation | Palos Heights, IL

13259 S. Central Avenue, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation | Palos Heights, IL

Caring87245750 November 30, 2015

I definitely wouldn’t move my mom to Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation. There are no private rooms. Dresser space was two drawers, and you’d be lucky to put maybe eight or nine pieces of clothing in the closet they had. After I saw the rooms, I didn’t look even more, because I know I couldn’t put my mom there. I definitely would have regrets for the other poor person that would be living with my mom because she would just be miserable. I couldn’t believe they wanted $8,900 for this little bit of space; I was blown away. It might be good for rehab, where you’re somewhere for five or six weeks, but not somewhere that you would want to live for the rest of your life. It looked clean, but it’s an old building. They have a nice open space. They have a lot of nice windows that look out into a forest preserve area.

Hello! We are sorry to hear that our rooms were not up to your standards. We do have an older building: we have been serving the community for more than 55 years now! We try to make sure that all our residents and clients are as comfortable as possible during their stay here. We believe they enjoy the common space and the view at our community — just as you did — along with the activities, our aviary, and especially the care they receive. If you have any questions for us, please call.

penquin March 04, 2015

Pros : Excellent rehab. If you have been injured and need to have physical and/or occupational therapy this is the place to be. My mother received much better rehab here than in a similar place in another state after a fall. the food - plenty of selections and portions. My mother loved the dessert cart especially. nursing/medical care - very good medical staff. Much more responsive to problems than was experienced at the other facility. The other facility let mom leave with a deep bed sore; here they healed her completely before release. Cons: older building, rooms could really use some modernization. not enough CNA's. There were times when the wait for help to the bathroom was just too long. One night mom waited an hour for assistance. This place is fine for short term stay; would not let mom live here on a long term basis however.

faithful2 July 19, 2013

bad food, lack of care and lack of progress in my loved one really concerned me here. I had another relative here two years ago and they fared much better, the quality of care seems to have gone down.

Lauren C. Zajac July 28, 2012

Marion Joy was a great experience for my grandfather, who stayed there for an extended stay after being injured. During the winter, he slipped and fell while walking to church, and his injuries were more intense than anyone had originally anticipated. Although my grandfather did not want to stay at Marion Joy originally, he had a great experience. He really liked the staff, who made him feel comfortable (as if he were in his own home) and got along well with his roommate. One of his favorite parts of staying at Marion Joy was the food court, which he thought had great meals (he's still talking about the chicken and vegetables). Marion Joy also provided him with many opportunities to work on physical and occupational therapy, which helped him to build his strength and recover from his injuries quicker than he would with outpatient services. Above all, this was a very positive experience for my grandfather.

From Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

If you're ready for the peace of mind that comes from dealing with a name you can trust, choose Providence of Palos Heights for your rehab or skilled nursing needs. We partner with leaders in rehabilitation services to help people of all ages rebuild skills diminished by illness or accident. And our skilled nursing care has been accredited by the Joint Commission.

Features of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 145681

Location of Providence Healthcare and Rehabilitation