Manorcare of Palos Heights West

11860 SOUTHWEST HIGHWAY, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Manorcare of Palos Heights West

DLS314 July 07, 2014

The nursing care at Manor Care West is very uncaring and unknowledgeable. My mother went in for rehab and had to be rushed to a hospital in a weeks time because of kidney failure that the nursing staff said that there wasn't anything wrong. Good thing we got her out of there in time. The food is absolutely disgusting and we found out later that the nurses were just marking her records that she was eating when she hadn't a spoonful in that weeks time. I definitely do not recommend this place at all. I will say that the physical therapy people were wonderful and attentive.

LAK5433 September 18, 2013

My family and I feel horrible about the care that my mother received during the 3 weeks she was a resident of ManorCare of Palos Heights West. She went there for skilled nursing and rehabilitation due to having a stroke following back surgery . We experienced a nursing staff that was incompetent and negligent! The very first morning there she was not delivered a breakfast, and no staff member noticed. It went downhill from there. A response to her call button regularly took 20+ minutes. The final straw was when an incompetent CNA positioned my mother in a very precarious position to eat lunch, and left the room! With no back strength or control of the left side of her body, my mother fell off the bed and hit her face on the table on the way down, as well as injured her arm and hand. The nursing staff told us that they called the doctor on staff to see her, but when we spoke to the doctor, we found out that never happened! They proceeded to overmedicate her to quiet her down for the next couple of days. The nursing staff never had a chart of what medications and dosage she was given and when. Trying to get a nurse to provide any information was like pulling teeth. We have obviously moved our mother to a different rehabilitation center to not only prevent her from being mistreated but to give her a chance at recovering!

kellygirl24 August 07, 2013

They wanted to do fingering printing on my 95 year old father because his name was flagged during a background check. The social worker never contacted me but sneaked a signature through while a family member was visiting. She didn't fully explain why and what the outcome may be. Reality, if a person is deemed questionable they place them in a private room that costs more to medicare.

ahsmith8 April 30, 2012

This facility is kept reasonably clean and has been recently updated in terms of decor which is nice. However, the food here is despicable. Many of the residents do not eat it be cause it is not prepared well and has no flavor. The day staff here tends to be very diligent and willing to care for those in need; however, the night staff is negligent and talks very loudly throughout the night, keeping residents awake and unassisted. When asked to quiet down, they were not pleased. They have nice rooms to visit in, complimentary drinks, and a nice outdoor patio for people to visit. I just think that the staff is not well supervised or trained. They often do not complete rounds and therefore, do not provide the best care. Overall, I think there are many things that Manor Care can improve upon. I think that quality care is a reasonable expectation and that they should live up to it.

About Manorcare of Palos Heights West

Manorcare of Palos Heights West is a nursing home in Palos Heights, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare of Palos Heights West for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manorcare of Palos Heights West

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manorcare of Palos Heights West