Shoreline Care Center

5225 SOUTH J ST, Oxnard, CA, 93033

Reviews of Shoreline Care Center

January 27, 2015

By do_un2others

Too many over-paid nurses who sit at the central office stations that have ZERO sympathy. I needed help with my patient(friend) they are robots. No one wanted to talk or help, omg. I see most cna's doing the hard work but the others were snobbish sitting in speaking all their languages. POOR residents. I would think twice before you admit anyone here. It smells and no one is willing to help you. Just remember, what goes around always comes around.

November 04, 2014

By basiccarmen

The facility is huge and it smells horrible everywhere. The star are not very attentive to call lights and are reluctant to answering a simple (easy) questions. I like the part where theres always nurses on the floor giving out meds but I don't like the part where they are unable to response or somewhat intellectualy ill-prepared to answer some simple questions as if you are talking to a wall when you are communicating to them face to face.

October 18, 2012

By ellagab

95% of time I've visited (50+ times) its smelled so strong of urine. I do know they have activities in which the residences take part in but unfortunately my soon to be father-in-law cant participate due to his condition. The staff is friendly but they don't speak english very well so its pointless to talk to them about my father-in-law. If we leave a picture or a small gift next to his bedside, it always disappears within days. Not sure if its the staff or other guests that steal them. He seems to be taken care of for the most part but theres room for improvement. He usually has food on his gown from earlier feedings. his hair isn't brushed, his nails need to be trimmed (which we have to ask over and over) and he isn't turned over like he should be. He's always in the same position. Also, there is no air circulation inside. The environment could be improved. I couldn't imagine being in there for more than a couple hours. Its a depressing environment.

July 23, 2012

By crystaldlc

Many of the patients were tightly gathered in a room to hear us play. Many enjoyed the music and were completely aware of many of the songs we were playing for them. The facilities seemed very clean and organized. Th staff seemed split into two however. There were staff members that were friendly and patient with the elderly and seemed to care very much for them. There were others, however, that seemed unhappy to be doing their job. It was a bit sad to see. I also inquired about about volunteering my time twice and received no call back.

Features of Shoreline Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Shoreline Care Center

Shoreline Care Center is a nursing home in Oxnard, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Shoreline Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Shoreline Care Center