Coquina Center

170 N Center St, Ormond Beach, FL, 32174

Reviews of Coquina Center

Caring11222014_02 November 30, 2014

My husband was at Coquina Center for almost two years. He had certainly far better care there than I could ever give him at home. I can’t make myself go back there but I still hear from some of the staff and from his roommate’s wife. We got to be friends. It has a very good rating here in this area. I feel it was the best place that he could have ended up if he ended up that way. It was a very congenial place. We were there long enough that it was kind of a family. I was there every day. I really felt confident with the people that were working with him. There were many different ones -- some were better than others -- but they were all adequate, and some went beyond their duty by being really very helpful. The food was pretty monotonous and not particularly the kind of thing sick people would want; that is something they could improve. Food was served to him in his room, it was adequate. I would rate it a 3. And it probably was as good as they could do under these circumstances. I think there were few things they could change like fresh vegetables instead of canned, serving chicken for instance in different ways other than pretty much the same, and making the plate look appetizing. Also, they could certainly use more CNAs. Those girls work terribly hard and are asked to do more than they can and do it with a smile which most of them did. I would pat them on the back; it’s just the idea that the corporate part of the facility is not providing enough help to do the kind of things that they are requiring to be done.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Coquina Center

Coquina Center is a nursing home in Ormond Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Coquina Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Coquina Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Coquina Center