Rio Pinar Health Care

7950 LAKE UNDERHILL ROAD, Orlando, FL, 32822

Reviews of Rio Pinar Health Care

sgtsj54 November 23, 2013

I am a long time resident of Rio Pinar and have watched it go from a 4 star facility to barely a 1 star. The facility is over 25 yrs. old and do to past maintainance staff is held together with spit and fly paper.Ever since the company was sold to a new corparation it has gone downhill FAST. The staff has been cut to the barest minimus allowed by the state and this is evident in the responses to our needs by the staff. Seasoned nurses and CNAs have left and, for the most part, are replaced with lowwer paid individuals who it is obvious are here to get a paycheck and not do much work. Departments in the building, housekeeping and dietary, have been farmed out to private management companies. Who actually have been doing a better job than before. But don't get me totally wrong. For short term stays for physical theropy this is a great facility. For long term care, if you're not just looking for convenience, I recomend you seriously look else were.

LovingDaugher May 08, 2013

The experience my family had with Rio Pinar was horrid! After my Mother's surgery she was sent there for rehab. The care was so bad that my Mother ended up back in the hospital and in the end losing her life. All due to incompedence and neglect from the staff. My brother and I had to spend almost every waking moment up there to ensure our Mother was somewhat taken care of. Every time we walked in it was something not taken care of that we ended up having to do. The final blow was the LOST or (maybe never taken, who knows as we kept getting different stories) blood work and urine samples to detect the infection that ended getting so servere that my Mom ended up back in the hospital never to recover.

Chessie1 August 30, 2012

The overall feel of Rio Pinar Health Care as a building is rather dreary. It has been around for a while, and you can certainly tell. It seems to have not changed at all since when it was built. Like many hospitals and nursing homes, the smell inside isn't completely pleasant (the mix of disinfectant, floor cleaners, hospital food, and sometimes urine), and there isn't much to do aside from sit in the day room with the other residents (there are a few small televisions, some magazines, books, and board games). The actual place is certainly not a very stimulating environment for it's residents. The saving grace of it's appearance is a small courtyard area and garden in the center which provides an escape from the dull insides. Despite all of Rio Pinar's flaws, we will remember them fondly due to the wonderful staff. While my family and I had a hard time taking my grandmother from her own home, the staff helped her and us to make the transition as smooth as possible. They were very gentle with my grandma despite her combative personality. They would call us immediately if there was anything we needed to know. They knew the names of our entire family and were very friendly with us. When my grandmother's health began to deteriorate, there was a nurse with her constantly, and she was very helpful and understanding with the situation. It was very hard for us to leave our grandmother there, but the staff truly did all that they could to help us in our difficult time.

About Rio Pinar Health Care

Rio Pinar Health Care is a nursing home in Orlando, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Rio Pinar Health Care for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Rio Pinar Health Care

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Rio Pinar Health Care