Rio Pinar Health Care

Overview of Ratings

2.8

August 30, 2012

By Chessie1

The overall feel of Rio Pinar Health Care as a building is rather dreary. It has been around for a while, and you can certainly tell. It seems to have not changed at all since when it was built. Like many hospitals and nursing homes, the smell inside isn't completely pleasant (the mix of disinfectant, floor cleaners, hospital food, and sometimes urine), and there isn't much to do aside from sit in the day room with the other residents (there are a few small televisions, some magazines, books, and board games). The actual place is certainly not a very stimulating environment for it's residents. The saving grace of it's appearance is a small courtyard area and garden in the center which provides an escape from the dull insides. Despite all of Rio Pinar's flaws, we will remember them fondly due to the wonderful staff. While my family and I had a hard time taking my grandmother from her own home, the staff helped her and us to make the transition as smooth as possible. They were very gentle with my grandma despite her combative personality. They would call us immediately if there was anything we needed to know. They knew the names of our entire family and were very friendly with us. When my grandmother's health began to deteriorate, there was a nurse with her constantly, and she was very helpful and understanding with the situation. It was very hard for us to leave our grandmother there, but the staff truly did all that they could to help us in our difficult time.

Features of Rio Pinar Health Care

Medicare (ratings last updated: 01/24/18)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 01/01/2018

About Rio Pinar Health Care

Rio Pinar Health Care is a nursing home in Orlando, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Rio Pinar Health Care for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Rio Pinar Health Care