Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc.

730 Courtland Street, Orlando, FL, 32804

Reviews of Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc.

voice for those who can't October 22, 2014

I have a family member with number of health issues there. As a family member you would like to have questions answered PROFESSIONALLY about things you are asking about. NOT AT THIS FACILITY! When I bring up a concern about my family member to a SUPERVISOR of a unit I would think they will help. Not the case here she got an attitude started speaking under her breath walking away instead of assuring a family member things were ok she had zero compassion and appeared not to care. I made the comment of DON'T WORRY IT IS ONLY OXYGEN NOT LIKE HE NEEDS TO BREATHE OR ANYTHING" as she stormed away. If a supervisor in a high position don't want to communicate with family members of a loved one in their care just think of how many others without a voice may be facing same if not worst treatment. Someone that is that high in chain of command being what that was also will intimidate people lower with retribution if they speak up about it. So who can we trust in a facility like that? My family member has been in pain for several days and requested the doctor to come see him in his room I also stated the same to the nursing staff to make sure he is seen by the doctor. Well nothing Monday was told doctor is gone and tuesday will come and see him on their rounds. Sounds good right? Not so fast - I show up at 3:50 his nurse outside of his room asked if doctor had seen him yet. Answer from that nurse was "NO, SHE IS VERY BUSY ON TUESDAYS AND SHE IS AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING AND HAVE NOT SEEN HIM YET" . As she was finishing her statement she was called over to the nurses station by person I knew. I asked who is that her answer was "OH THAT IS THE DOCTOR". So since the nursing staff knew she needed to see the patient I waited till 4:49 after watching the doctor go back and forth to 2 sections in facility. I don't see her for a while so I go out ask the nurse where the doctor is I am told "SHE HAS LEFT FOR THE DAY". I IMMEDIATELY ASK FOR HER NUMBER AND CALL. Got her answering service so got call back I asked why she did not see the patient her response "HAD TOO MANY PATIENTS TODAY AND LEFT WITHOUT SEEING HIM BUT WILL BE BACK NEXT DAY". So about 4 hours later was taken to ER. Great care if you DON'T care about your loved one to admit to this place.

I'm blessed August 07, 2014

Love this place first I was on the rehab unit then I got transfer to west wing I really like it there the girls & nurses are team players staffing is getting so much better sometimes I will see does girls running around like chicken with they head cut off but was important is they still meet the resident needs every step of the way keep up the good work & thank you for everything !!

Beadch1k May 23, 2014

My father was at the facility for almost 5 weeks. On week two he started getting really scratchy and had red bumps all over his body. Asked the nurse if she thought he had scabies, she said no but that she would have the doctor look at it. I asked her the next day and she said it was just a rash and that we might want to take the sheets and clothes home to wash to see if that would relieve it. It did not, it got worse. They put hydroquartozone on him to releave itch, it did not work. On the day he got released we took him to doctor who immediately diagnosed him with scabies. Now we are all exposed. There attitude on the day he was released was "don't let the door hit you in the back" He was being sent home with a wheelchair that was broken (did not lock) and they were okay with it. No one took the time to try to get it fixed. My husband had to fix it. Just be aware, they smooth talk you when they want you in there but then there attitude changes. Bad, bad communication between staff members and family.

Goddess1 July 23, 2012

The care was minimally efficient., however either the staff were overwhelmed or just not concerned with compassionate care. The facility was maintained and seemed clean. The mechanics of running the agency seemed to be met. However it was the actual patient relations that were not met. I failed to see people engaged or related to as human beings. They seemed to be viewed much more a commodity than a person in need.

rosenutt October 08, 2008

I would not want myself or my relativeside to be housed there

Very poor communication skills between staff and family. Staff is poorly trained in communication from receptionist who is rude arrogant, deceptive and uneducated, to aides who can't find residents or answer any questions intelligently. Not helpful in resolving issues and compassion is lacking in many areas. The director could use a refresher course in training workers to act professional and have insight as to what is going on in his facility. Maybe he should make a call to the center incognito and ask for information about the services provided and see if he can get an answer. I couldn't even get the address to the web site.

About Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc.

Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc. is a nursing home in Orlando, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc. for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc.

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Adventist Care Centers - Courtland, Inc.