Father Baker Manor

6400 POWERS ROAD, Orchard Park, NY, 14127

Reviews of Father Baker Manor

March 06, 2014

By Phloxy

My mother was here for PT. It took me 2 years to write this.Wgen we first arrived I was impressed with the staff very charming and happy well once we got signed in the happiness was gone the charm was gone. My mother was recovering from a bleeding Ulcer. The second day she was retaining water. No one was concerned. No Dr. to come in they make a call to a nurse practitioner. Make sure the facility you want has a Doctor in the facility. Most important..My mom was sleeping in a wheel chair in the PT. room. She was up all night from cramps in her legs from water retention no one care she was forced to go to Pt . They say they don't push but they do..My mom was coughing a little bit a nurse came in the room and yelled to open your mouth and used an inhaler after I told her no. She never used that .she ignored me . My mother had a bowel obstruction didn't know until a nurse came in and noticed my mother was in discomfort looked at her chart said when did she move her bowels I said it's been almost a week which I did tell the staff I was concerned they ignored me so it turned out the whole floor of patients were suffering from the same thing. I never could find the staff after 4 Pm. They work 2 units always understaffed. I was so worried about my mom .One night she called me on the phone cause she was on water pills and no one was taking her to the bathroom so I called the staff on the other phone I had and it took them 20 minutes to get to my om I told her to pee on the floor. I was so worried. I had no car I lived in Buffalo. I was tricked in taking her there from Mercy Hospital they sell this place to you convince you she needs to go there. She was not ready to leave the hospital yet but you know it's about profit.They won't call an ambulance if a patient needs one. Sorry but I pray this place closed down. I wouldn't send my dog there uless you can be there most of the time to care for your loved one don't do it please.

December 08, 2011

By Rachel R

Father Baker Manor was a nice facility, and they catered as best as the could to their residents. The food in the facility for both residents and visiting family members was second to none. It seemed that the staff truly cared for each resident and took pride in their work. It was the little extra notes of care that stuck out to me like placing bird houses and feeders in the residents windows, so they felt apart of the outdoors for days when they were stuck inside. Although it was clean, there was a slight foul aroma that can be found in most nursing homes. All in all, I would not hesitate if i had the choice to make again, to place another loved one in Father Baker Manor.

September 29, 2011

By Krehetin

My grandmother lived in three different levels of nursing facilities when she had to finally leave her home. The first was an assisted living facility, the second was for memory care and the last (when she was also having health problems) was Father Baker Manor.Father Baker Manor was wonderful to my grandmother. The first time i visited her there she was eating lunch. The staff knew her by name and took us right to her. The staff was sweet to her, nice to her and very attentive. In a previous home I had felt like they didn't know her, but not here. I visited her there several times in the couple of weeks she was there. We went to her room. It wasn't really fancy, more of a hospital type room, but it was nice. She had many of her own things to remind her of home. I looked on the wall and saw familiar family photos and different mementos that I remember from her home. I sat with her and looked through photo albums. I personally saw the nurses there save her life several times. She wore a monitor for her breathing. We were sitting talking and she started to look like she wasn't breathing right. Before I could stand up and get help, the alarm must have went off somewhere, and nurses were running in the room to help. It was so fast. I couldn't believe they came to her aid so very quickly. She had several of these episodes in her last few weeks and they always handled it professionally and very quickly. I'm sure because of the staff at Father Baker Manor, I had more time to spend with my grandmother. When they took her to the restroom, they were very attentive but also joked with her and talked to minimize embarrassment. I was very close with my grandmother and while I hated that she had to live in any facility, I was comfortable in my knowledge that they were taking care of her.I really can't say enough about the wonderful level of care my grandmother received at Father Baker manor. They were so good to her. The staff was friendly, warm, compassionate and they joked and had fun with my grandmother. They were also professional and quick to respond and very skilled in their care. They had the whole package. I was very impressed.

July 29, 2011

I think that this facility would be great if I was an older patient the staff is mostly wonderful and more than willing to help. i am only 49 and i don't think that I am quite what they are used too.

Features of Father Baker Manor

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Father Baker Manor

Father Baker Manor is a nursing home in Orchard Park, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Father Baker Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Father Baker Manor