Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab

7410 MERCY ROAD, Omaha, NE, 68124

Reviews of Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab

Craig Soucie October 09, 2014

Don't go there. I was there for three days after an operation for rehab. They put me on a bike for 5 minutes and that was it. I pleaded to have them escort me to walk everyday which was my doctor's requirement, but only once did that work. Being very tall they repeatedly made fun of my size and once an attendant knocked on the door and, while giggling, asked me to stand up so she could show me off to her friend whom she brought along. Going down the hall I was hooted and shrieked at. Understand I know about professional courtesy when it comes to the medical profession. I've had 6 operations and have been in numerous medical facilities; this was humiliating and a waste of Medicare's money. They demanded I pay $500 up front and now they won't return my $400 balance after 4 months. I'm actively reporting them to the authorities including the State Attorney General, BBB and Nebraska DHH. I was told they once lost their state license.

A loving relative June 09, 2014

This place is awful. No one will take responsibility for anything. My patient was ignored and the staff would only say that she never asked for anything. Communication is non-existent. This place collects medicare for warehousing patients. Social workers will not tell you if a place is bad only if there is space available. Shame on social workers!

Gina A November 05, 2011

TERRIBLE PLACE! I wouldn't leave my dog there! Dear friend had open bed sores. I found her on several occasions lying in her own feces and wet. The call button was broken, and the heat would not shut off. It was stifling. I found my friend naked on her bed while they went to find some other bed clothes for her. She had cancer and couldn't talk or move much. I was appalled at the lack of care, despite reporting it to them. How they are allowed to stay open is a disgrace!

53r3n3Geord May 30, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The staff were incredibly kind, and worked very hard. Unfortunately, they seemed to be incredibly understaffed, and that meant waiting longer than was healthy. My relative was dealing with incontinence issues and difficulty walking, and it was very hard on him when he had to wait a long time to get to the bathroom. The rehab was great. They did a great job of getting my family member stronger over a fairly short amount of time. Communication was our biggest complaint about this facility. Most of the time it didn't seem that the staff understood how to communicate with us-the family members. Once they even tried to take my family member for a doctor's appointment that they had told us nothing about. This was incredibly frustrating, because it turned out that it was a completely unnecessary appointment with a doctor that had never seen my family member. This was very frustrating. If they would work on their communication and get a few more employees, this place would be amazing.

pix1114 April 02, 2010

Warning for families

Absolutely horrible place to send a loved one! They refuse to get necessary medical equipment and neglect patients! The only helpful people there are the therapists! They have not followed doctors orders there and my Dad now has sores from them letting him sit in body secretions and it looks like the skin is being eaten away. They refuse to get him up each day (he is paralyzed on one side) and have refused to get him a wheelchair to have him sit in. Also make excuses for this and the nursing director has flat out lied to the insurance company about all of this several times! There is no reason they should have a license to care for people! They see a paycheck in each bed, not a person!

About Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab

Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab is a nursing home in Omaha, NE that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 285058
  • Resident Capacity 174
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Nebraska Skilled Nursing & Rehab