Villa St Francis | Nursing Home

16600 W. 126TH ST, Olathe, KS, 66062

Reviews of Villa St Francis | Nursing Home

AnonymousClient101 January 13, 2016

Villa St. Francis is a very good place. I felt that they are really caring and provided good care. Their residents are very happy.

Dr.orant November 13, 2014

Unbelievable to me what transitions can take place in just a few years time. My sister was a resident 4 yrs. ago and though the facility may have been outdated it was clean and for the most part well kept with good care from the staff. I revisited last week as my sister in law is in need of a higher level of care than can be provided by her husband. What a disappointment. Staff was anything but warm once you got past the reception area, maintenance staff was cussing as they were walking down the hall, and looked as if they were working in a coal mine rather than a nursing facility. Nursing staff throughout were negative and complaining about staffing, administration, hours, work load etc. etc. the only smiles and welcoming staff we observed were the ones trying to get us to come to their facility. Overall not a happy environment. We don't need or even look for extravagant living, but insist on a loving caring environment. From our experience their I didn't see it or feel it from administrator, maintenance staff, or nursing. Wow. It's unfortunate the place has changed so drastically. We most certainly will be looking at other options.

ChuckR August 20, 2014

I have been in many local nursing homes in the area, some good some not so good. Some with outstanding care and some lacking. Villa has lost its lustre with me. Though recently remodeled, the chapel is beautiful, the majority of the facility remains old and cold. Facility reaks of mold throughout. I personally saw the maintenance staff working on an ac unit and the entire wall was covered with mold. Though they did tear out some drywall and replace it, I am certain the mold remains. Also the compassion has lost its way. For years I viewed the facility and staff as some of the most compassionate around. Now with new staff, new management, new administration it reminds me more of an industrial atmosphere instead of a loving caring one. Staff are all of a sudden less apt to stop and talk and the few I have spoken with are very unhappy with moves the new administration has made. I could not recommend this nursing home to anyone in its present state. I don't know if anyone reads these, but please bring back the old Villa where smiles were abound the atmosphere was one of love and caring, not one of just trying to get through the day!. Sad to see what changes can do to what was a fantastic facility! Chuck R Son in law of a current and past resident.

Concerned Family Member2 October 05, 2012

I thought the staff was very friendly and gracious for the most part. I did feel like a few people weren't as warm or attentive as I would hope them to be while caring for a family member of mine. I felt like the facility was a bit old and run-down. The atmosphere wasn't very vibrant. Overall I think the facility was adequate but I think if given the chance through affordability, I would opt to find a facility that felt less like a nursing home and more like an assisted living residence. I did like the location of the facility and I think the people that run it are good people, I just think it is one of those facilities that is kept and run as nicely as possible but is a bit outdated. It is probably my own personal bias of thinking that a very bright, warm, cheery atmosphere would be more beneficial than anything otherwise.

About Villa St Francis

Villa St Francis is a nursing home in Olathe, KS that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Villa St Francis for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Villa St Francis

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 175115

Location of Villa St Francis