Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center

1091 KELTON AVE, Ocoee, FL, 34761

Reviews of Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center

Twins mom May 14, 2014

Don't go here my mom has been here for 3 days and if I could take her home with me I would. The feeding times are absolutely absolutely ridiculous not to mention the portions. We have to make sure we take her a meal and snacks on a daily basis. Just to make sure she eats. Also the staff is less than helpful ALL of them. You stand at the desk they walk by and ignore you. I've waited all day 2 days in a row now and have yet to meet my mothers DR. If I could give it negative stars I would these people are ridiculous. Can't wait to get her out safely then file an official complaint. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

ginja13 March 09, 2014

i would strongly, speaking from a personal experience to seriously reconsider from sending a loved one to this place. they are the most UNPROFESSIONAL group of nurses as well as the entire staff. our experience here was one in which i would never want to see another family endure. Dr Merchant who is the director of lake bennett happens to be an excellent dr while making rounds in health central, however, his name as an executive board member of lake bennett had in my opinion discredited his name. the carelessness of the nurses who are the men and woman we are trusting our loved ones with are absolutely unacceptable. we had to make sure every single thing as well as every medication was written out for my mother before she can take what they were giving her..and, if we didnt she would have taken many different drugs which she was not to be taken, numerous mistakes which are unacceptable when someones life depends on these nurses. there is not one positive experience i can say we had here and not a good comment i could leave. i have seen the goes on in their faciilty as i spent every moment possible there and i would not be surprised if half the patients there were being giving wrong medications and being sedated for no good reason..my family and i were thankfully so on top of their every move as if we werent she would not be with us. i cant express strongly enough, reconsider..other places may not look as nice but i can tell you from experience that lake bennetts staff will yes you to death but their bed side manner is appalling and once again the most unprofessional i have ever witnessed please do your homework, read all reviews and dont second guess them just because the dr whoms name is on the wall is certified in this business, he never showed up not once upon many requests for that matter neither did the house dr. maybe once, but lied and we have the proof they lied ..sadly most of the patients did not have the frequent visitors so they were trusting that the care they were being given was what should be expected....be your own advocate..ask tons of questions...know what meds are being given at all times,,and most importantly..DO NOT ACCEPT A NURSE OR A DR TO TALK DOWN TO YOUR LOVED ONE WITH DISRESPECT..DO NOT TRUST THAT THESE NURSES HAVE YOUR LOVED ONE BEST INTEREST AT HEART,,,THEY DONT.....there are wonderful and caring nurses out there onces who take their jobs with the care and compassion that they took an oath to do and be...unfortunaltey lake benett does not have them at their facility...DO YOUR HOMEWORK...GO WITH YOUR GUT...READ REVIEWS...AND DONT BE TALKED IN TO ANY FACILITY BY ANYONE UNLESS YOU HAVE TALKED TO SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE...we read the reviews, but because dr merchant was so great and caring at health central we gave them the benefit of the doubt..and we did regret that decision...

5u5hyMona July 15, 2011

My grandmother spent a few months at Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center. For the most part, residents share rooms. Two people per room. The facility is average, if I was to compare it to a hotel I'd give it 1 star. The look of the furniture and decor are a bit run down and give it an institutional feel. The common areas were generally clean. The staff was hit or miss. Some nurses were very attentive and responsive. Others where very disengaged and didn't have the best attitude. Response time when patients used the nurse button wasn't very good. As far as activities, they had a nice selection of offerings for the seniors. from field trips to internal events and crafts.

About Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center

Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Ocoee, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Lake Bennett Health and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: