Palm Garden of Ocala

2700 S.W. 34th Street, Ocala, FL, 34474

Reviews of Palm Garden of Ocala

Caring107138150 October 28, 2015

My brother is at Palm Garden of Ocala. They're doing well. I have no problem with the staff. The staff is very friendly and very nice. They take care of him pretty good. The facility is OK. It is clean. I haven't seen anything that would upset me, so it seems alright. My brother has been there for three to four months now. His room could use a little bit of updating, but it is clean and it is nice. It could use a little freshening up, but it is not bad or anything. It is an older building, so it is pretty much what you'd expect.

M. Short November 28, 2013

Palm Garden of Ocala took care of my father after a traumatic injury. His room was very large and clean. He had the most compassionate nurses imaginable. We were very pleased with his progress and the great rehab staff. Jara his physical therapist was wonderful! We can't say enough about Palm Garden of Ocala. We would recommend this rehab facility to anyone that wants their loved one treated with compassion and care that is top notch!

JackieFL November 14, 2013

Our family had a wonderful experience at Palm Garden. My mom received wound care pain management, and rehabilitation. The nurses were knowledgeable, thoughtful, caring, and kind. They were very patient in explaining everything to my mother and all of us who would be included in her care upon release. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my mom was comfortable. The nurses treated her like she was their own mother. That was very comforting since some of our siblings live in other states. The wound care nurses were able to assess and treat her open wound in the most effective way to facilitate healing in the shortest amount of time. Although rehabilitation from an injury is harder as you age, our nurses and therapists made sure my mom was as comfortable as she could be. They made sure her pain was controlled and they were understanding when she was having a rough day. Never once did they demean her or talk down to her. If she had accidents they never made her feel bad. They would make her laugh if her mood was down. The care in this facility is over flowing. I wish all nurses and healthcare workers had the work ethic that the staff at Palm Garden in Ocala does.

Tina Blair April 27, 2013

Worst facility imaginable. They are uncaring and lack compassion on any level. They are mean to their patients, yell at them and family members when questioned. Patients are left unattended for hours and treated poorly when they nurse/CNA feels the person has been rude to them. They are rough with them. The over medicate and medicate against families wishes. My grandmother was to be in that facility for 4-6 weeks to rehab from a broken hip and return home, she died in their facility 3 weeks later from lack of care and concern. Please do not leave your loved one in this facility.

persia352 July 31, 2012

I was impressed by the overall cleanliness of the facility. The dining room andActivity rooms were very clean and very spacious. The rooms were a bit smalland plain though for my taste. I wanted Mom to have a fairly large room and one that was a cheerful. These were just plain rooms no bright paint or wallpaperto liven it up with. My main dislike was the hospital beds were the old crankmodels! I really could not believe those would be in use in the year 2012.i think that was my biggest turn off of the whole facility. I wanted Mom tobe able to adjust her own bed and not have to have a nurse or CNA do thatfor her! I also overheard someone complaining about not enough help at nightto meet their needs. Staff overall was friendly and polite. However i just wasnot happy with the plain rooms the space and the beds. So no to that facilityand on to the next one!

Ocala review July 21, 2012

The food is terrible! My mother wouldn't eat it and lost 3 pounds. Most food is overcooked.

From Palm Garden of Ocala

Palm Garden of Ocala is Marion County's most awarded rehabilitation center, having received national recognition for our Culture Change Programs. The Florida Health Care Association also has awarded Palm Garden of Ocala with six state-wide awards, including Administrator of the Year and Nurse Administrator of the Year.
Palm Garden of Ocala is a 180 bed skilled living center offering short-term and extended care. The 200+ hardworking and caring employees of the center deliver compassionate care to friends, neighbors and family. Palm Garden is conveniently located in the heart of Marion County with easy access to all 3 major hospitals.

Features of Palm Garden of Ocala

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Palm Garden of Ocala