Avante At Ocala, Inc

2021 Sw 1St Ave, Ocala, FL, 34474

Reviews of Avante At Ocala, Inc

robin4 January 07, 2012

My father was a resident for a couple weeks at this facility.My sister and I checked him in and unpaced his things,signed all paperwork.When I went to see him a few days later I walked around for 17 minutes and no one asked if they could help.I finally found him in the hair salon.His glasses were not on nor his dentures in.Since signing him in his glasses had been broken and dentures lost-in a few days time.Nothing was done to get him glasses or dentures replaced.On another visit I came at lunch time a few days later.Waited for lunch for 20 minutes while employees stood around and complained about their work.As I sat to the side I noticed they put my dad at a table alone in a wheelchair even though there were tables with people.They faced him twards the window-alone.They brought him a regular lunch-ham or something-All I remember is saying"how can a man with no teeth chew this food?"I was very displeased so I went to an administrator-a man.Who sent me to a woman in the next office.She stated"we did not know your father had any relatives"..I checked him in,signed his papers."Can you sign your dads paperwork?"I already did that."your dad is in a wheel chair because he walked out the front door and almost was hit by a car,we are not a lockdown facility"..so..my dad walked past the receptionist 50 feet to the parking lot and was almost hit by a car until anyone noticed he was out the door??!!!"..She the said we should look into another facility,wow ..ya think!We took my dad out a few days later,minus teeth and glasses.Pretty buildings do not mean decent care.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Avante At Ocala, Inc

Avante At Ocala, Inc is a nursing home in Ocala, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Avante At Ocala, Inc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Avante At Ocala, Inc

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 106084

Location of Avante At Ocala, Inc