Avante At Ocala, Inc

2021 Sw 1St Ave, Ocala, FL, 34474

Reviews of Avante At Ocala, Inc

April 23, 2015

By Joe77

My mother-in-law is a patient at Avante of Ocala. On more than one occasion, she has called her daughter (my wife) to please come and help her to the bathroom as she has been waiting for 45 minutes for assistance from the staff. Just recently she was told she is being taken for her Doctor's appointment. Sge told the staff member, she does not have a Doctor's appointment and she repeatedly told the staff member she was not "Jane Doe" but "Jane Smith". They ignored her until she got to the Doctor's office and they told the transport driver this lady is not our patient. My mother-in-law has a very sound mind and is in for physical conditions, not mental ones. I know this facility, like many hospital and long term care facilities, is understaffed, but this seem more like a caring issue and not a staffing problem. Could not recommend this facility to anyone looking for long term care or rehab.

January 24, 2015

By Caralae

My aunt had been at Avante at Ocala, and we chose it because it was very affordable, and the staff was excellent. They have exercises, bingo, games, card games, and shopping day where people come in and bring stuff so they can buy it.

January 07, 2012

By robin4

My father was a resident for a couple weeks at this facility.My sister and I checked him in and unpaced his things,signed all paperwork.When I went to see him a few days later I walked around for 17 minutes and no one asked if they could help.I finally found him in the hair salon.His glasses were not on nor his dentures in.Since signing him in his glasses had been broken and dentures lost-in a few days time.Nothing was done to get him glasses or dentures replaced.On another visit I came at lunch time a few days later.Waited for lunch for 20 minutes while employees stood around and complained about their work.As I sat to the side I noticed they put my dad at a table alone in a wheelchair even though there were tables with people.They faced him twards the window-alone.They brought him a regular lunch-ham or something-All I remember is saying"how can a man with no teeth chew this food?"I was very displeased so I went to an administrator-a man.Who sent me to a woman in the next office.She stated"we did not know your father had any relatives"..I checked him in,signed his papers."Can you sign your dads paperwork?"I already did that."your dad is in a wheel chair because he walked out the front door and almost was hit by a car,we are not a lockdown facility"..so..my dad walked past the receptionist 50 feet to the parking lot and was almost hit by a car until anyone noticed he was out the door??!!!"..She the said we should look into another facility,wow ..ya think!We took my dad out a few days later,minus teeth and glasses.Pretty buildings do not mean decent care.

Features of Avante At Ocala, Inc

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Avante At Ocala, Inc

Avante At Ocala, Inc is a nursing home in Ocala, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Avante At Ocala, Inc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Avante At Ocala, Inc