WellBridge of Novi

48300 11 Mile Road, Novi, MI, 48374

Reviews of WellBridge of Novi

Nurse2be January 25, 2017

Beautiful place. Nice decor. They have good food for visitors. They need to have more nurses.. They have too many patients per nurse. They are over worked.. I came across many helpful techs, There are some more helpful than others. I did notice after a patient is there more than a week, they are not as attentive, They stopped empying the trash everyday and making the bed. Maybe they need more help. I know the night shift was frustrated with the day shift regarding that. I didnt like the sink to wash your hands is outside the bathroom. That makes no sense. Some of the things I did see...., is there wasnt clear comunication about people who need help with showers. Does the patient have to ask to get one? I know my relative asked and had to wait a week. The telephone there is horrible. Its hard to reach and wont stay on the cradle. Bring your cell phone. I found the nurses were very attentive to any concerns. Actually, I felt they showed more urgency with any issues that came up than the Dr. in charge of my Aunt. I would give it 5 stars because of the nurses and most of the techs, but I wont because I felt the Drs. werent attentive enough.

Princess33 January 17, 2017

I am very impressed with this place. Everyone I have come across listens to my concerns and directs them to the right people. They have improved so much from a few years ago. Kudos to them. Patients come first. I love they had the same nurses.So there was consistancy with the Patient and their issues. It makes things so much easier. There are many helpful techs that really go out of their way. Some things that might be helpful..... I have to say, Im not sure why the sink is outside the bathroom. You have to touch the sliding door after you use the restroom before you can wash your hands. I did notice after the "Guest" is there awhile, it seems less attention is paid to them. Dont get me wrong, they are not being ignored, I just saw less staff come in the rooms. Also, the first few days,everyday, the room was always tidied about mid-day. Again, after being there a week, they seemed to stop doing that. Its not a big issue, but evening aides said it should always be done. I highly recommend this location for you or your loved one. Dont be afraid to speak up, It's your family and the staff cares.

StuRat December 14, 2016

The GOOD: A) Jigsaw puzzles in common area were fun for patients, although they need some 100 piece puzzles, as the 300+ piece puzzles might be too challenging for some in rehab. They apparent have some small puzzles "in the therapy room", but we could never get access to them. B) The guest cafe is quite good. I especially like the veggie and hummus plate. Too bad this and the main cafeterias all close so early, though. I also like the infused water they have at the guest cafe, but that goes away when they close, too. C) Had an excellent exotic animal show once. Kangaroo joeys, etc. D) Staff was friendly. E) They provide daily newspapers, but many copies of the Free Press only, for some reason, with no Detroit News. F) Easy to get to, as it's near both I-96 and Grand River. I would avoid I-96 during rush hour, though, as it's a parking lot then. G) Free laundry service was nice, but confusing. The guidebook mentions a "blue-mesh bag for patients not using our laundry services", but we never saw any such bag. There's a white-mesh bag for patients who are using their twice weekly, same-day laundry service. You need to ask for this when you check in, or it's very difficult to get back on the list later. They also refer to a "hamper" for their items, like sheets and towels, but it's what looks like a large trash bin, in the closet. It needs a label. We were putting trash in there. One caution, they put iron-on name tags on all the clothes they wash, which may be difficult to remove. H) Beauty salon is good, but they need to say up front that the price is not included. My Mom had no cash when they gave her the bill ($25+tip). I had to bring some in from home. But it really helped with her mental health to "look human again". The BAD: 1) COLD exercise room. Too many windows and too little heating capacity for winter, I assume. The way the heaters blow cold air until they warm up is also annoying. 2) Few vegetarian options for protein. Eggs and dairy were available, but some vegetarians don't eat those. Peanut butter was available, but some are allergic. No other nut butters, tofu, non-dairy "milks" (like soy or almond milk) or beans were offered, although hummus seemed to be available on special request. 3) Protein shakes hard to get. Had to keep asking people, then eventually found out we needed to make an appointment with nutritionist, who only works workdays, to be allowed to get them. They treat a protein shake like it's narcotics, when they should give them out to anyone who asks. Had to bring in Ensures until my Mom was finally able to get protein shakes from them. 4) They take menu orders the previous day, orally. They need a form that can be filled out in advance, instead. Often my Mom was unable to think straight when they asked, and she would just say "fine, give me whatever", then find it was something she couldn't eat the next day. With a form, she could fill it out whenever she was lucid, not when they showed up and asked. One hint, once you get the order right, save the receipts they bring with it, then say "give me this again". The food they delivered was often wrong, too. My vegetarian Mom got ham on two occasions, for example. 5) Oxygen hard to get. My Mom was frequently out of breath, but rather than just give her oxygen, they said they would need a doctor's order. When they got around to testing her blood oxygen level, she had recovered. Luckily, it wasn't critical, in her case. 6) They took her down to the cafeteria to eat once, but nobody was available to take her back to her room. 7) Only can enter and exit by main entrance, which makes for a long walk to get from car to patient. 8) TV's in patient rooms are annoying in that they don't use the broadcast TV station numbers. For example, you have to hit 5 to get channel 4. TV's in the atrium work better, but at least one requires 2 remotes (one for on/off and volume, and other for channels). They should fix this. Also, they need to do what hotels do, and have them set to come on quiet, not at whatever volume they had been when turned off. 9) Bathroom door seems poorly designed. It's a massive sliding door, and a patient in rehab is unlikely to be able to open it using the handle, especially while using a walker. A traditional swing door would work better for patients. Also, it came off the track once, had a lot of resistance, and leaves gaps on both sides even when "closed". 10) Bathroom lights can keep patient up at night. There are two problems here. There's an "always on" night-light the shines in the eyes of anyone in bed turned that way, Then there's a motion-detector light that turns on whenever the patient moves in bed. I shielded both with taped-on cardboard, so the motion-detector isn't set off until you actually enter the bathroom, and the night-light doesn't shine directly in the eyes. 11) Nurse call button. They came and asked what was needed, then turned the button off, rather than waiting until the issue was addressed to turn it off. I understand that if they didn't do that, there would be no way for patients to convey a new, more urgent problem. Maybe they need two lights, one for "Awaiting a response from staff", and another for "Staff knows what the patient needs and are working on it". 12) They seemed slow at cleaning up messes in the common area. Some drool stayed on the hallway floor for hours, until I pointed it out to a staff member. 13) They seemed to want to keep her there until her insurance ran out. She had to TELL them she was leaving, as they weren't planning to let go of a cash cow.

Pfeffer August 23, 2016

My dad was admitted to Wellbridge for rehab. We have been to other rehab facitities and this one is far better than any others we've been. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the therapists are awesome, the food is great, nurses are amazing and it's extremely clean. It was more like being at a nice hotel! I can't say enough great things about this facility.

Relative33 March 31, 2016

Wellbridge of Novi was amazing. They were nicer than most of our family members and did an amazing job. I can't praise them enough for their kindness, professionalism, patience, and respect. The place does not smell of old people. It was wonderful.

About WellBridge of Novi

WellBridge of Novi is a nursing home in Novi, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact WellBridge of Novi for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of WellBridge of Novi

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: