From Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Harrington

Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers offer long-term care and short-term rehabilitation to patients and residents, bridging the gap between hospital and home.

Reviews of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Harrington

Posted by JMACA January 01, 2015
2.0

I was very concerned with the conditions found when I visited a relative at this facility. I arrived at lunch time and observed the lack of quality of the food. If this was served in a correctional facility the inmates would be filing a claim for cruel and unusual punishment. My relative refused the food and no attempt was made to find her something edible. The family has been bringing in her food so she has some nutrition. I was there for several hours - by 2:00 in the afternoon she was still in the same position in bed, not dressed, no therapy had been provided - which surprised me as she was there for rehab.

Posted by Curley16 January 31, 2013

My mother-in-law refused to go to rehab until her doctor told her she had to. Expecting a marginal experience, we were amazed to find how much she enjoyed her stay at Harrington. The therapists were so creative in their exercises she didn't consider it work. The nurses were kind and considerate. She had several friends who visited her who couldn't believe how nice and clean and facility was. We are thrilled to have her home, but if she ever needs rehab again we would only consider Harrington.

Posted by Graichen February 24, 2012
4.0

Not the worst I have seen. Night staff could have been far better. Lack of care for residents. Under staffed at the time. I don't think that the rules are the best for the residents as there is no snacks in the fridge at night for the ones that get up, they are put in bed to early and then told to rise far to early due to lack of morning staff to get them up. I know that the "Patient rights" are posted in the front as you walk in but most of the residents don't know what their rights are. And often when they say they don't want to get up are made to anyways. with the logic that the patient doesn't know what they want. So if they have rights why can't they can't they enforce the?

Posted by SusieMA December 08, 2011
2.0

My mother was a resident at the Harrington House before I had her moved to another facility. They were great with everything when she first got there, but shortly after the charm wore off and the neglected to inform me of room changes, falls, and upcoming appointments.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 225536

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality